Riverdale (11-0) vs. Wilson Central (9-2)

tdntn

that's exactly why they are number one every year.... everyone gives em to much respect and treats em like an all-world football team. your right they are very good but until a team decides to step up and punch riverdale right back nobody will beat them. I give riverdale alot of props but I'm tired of everyone always talking about how good they are. That list doesn't have very many competitive games but where is the one game that matters? the one last year. It's about the gold ball not about scores.

Unless somebody proves otherwise..."they are an all world football team"...your from Smyrna aren't you?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaches all tend to go conservative in the post season. Mix that in with two wing-t teams and you have a formula for a pretty low scoring affair. Both teams have good offenses and good defenses. I still give the edge in depth to Riverdale. I'm saying Riverdale wins 21-14.

Regardless, it should be great game and we should have a huge crowd supporting these two fine teams. It will be playoff football at its best.

Go Warriors!!!

Why should Riverdale fans be scared to death of statements made by Riverdale's or any other team's fans? No statement ever made by a fan had any outcome on a game played by the players. Now if this was the mind set of the team and coaches I would be concerned. But since I have contact with the players and coaches on a daily basis I know that this is not their mind set. The seniors on this team are well aware of what looking ahead will do to you in the playoffs. They are treating WC with all the respect a team that won their first round game 45 - 0 should be treated. They are preparing to play WC this week and have no other team on their mind. This team is taking it one play at a time. Riverdale has bigger, stronger, and faster athletes and more depth than WC. If they will concetrate on the task at hand, they will win this one going away. If they loose focus and think about round three, they will be in trouble. Riverdale fans should not worry about what anyone on here says but about what the players mindset is and how they play.

Now riverdale may be bigger and stronger but we are just as fast as yall are. and yall definately have depth but our players are playin because they love the game and have fun playin it and they want to prove everybody that doubted wilson central last year that WC can play with anybody and beat anybody they dont play scared.

My god, I cant believe all this garbage I'm reading on here. You'd think we have won back to back state titles....I aint trying to be a jerk but jeeze come on guys, we hadn't done nothing yet.

03-Riverdale 52-0

04-Riverdale 41-0

05-Riverdale 28-14

06-Riverdale 31-0

07-Riverdale 29-7

Does anybody see a competitive game in there anywhere??

Do I think we can win?...yea I do. I've got a lot of confidence in these kids. They've already outdone themselves and proved a lot of people wrong. BUT theres a big difference between confidence and cockiness. Show these guys some respect. They're not the number one team in the state for no reason. They're there every season. We're coming off a 2-8 campaign. Nobody's expecting us to win this game....its still fun to be in this position though, but for us to sit here and say were gonna do this and gonna do that....it's totally insane. I'm not trying to make anyone mad at me but we just need to concentrate on the game or we're not going to make it through warm ups.

idk the 2005 game was a pretty competitive game untill they started to pull away at the end when Aaron Scott threw an int and ran it back so.

Now riverdale may be bigger and stronger but we are just as fast as yall are. and yall definately have depth but our players are playin because they love the game and have fun playin it and they want to prove everybody that doubted wilson central last year that WC can play with anybody and beat anybody they dont play scared.

Does this mean that you think the Riverdale players do not love the game and do not have fun playing it? If so, you are way off the mark. These guys are not forced to play, they are not robots going through the motions. They love to play the game. They also have something to prove. They have the weight of all those other state championship teams. They have the weight of all that tradition on their shouldres. They have to live with seeing the gold balls in the trophy case everyday and have the coach remind them they have not earned theirs yet. They are reminded every practice that they have not earned a thing at Riverdale until they earn that ring. This group of Riverdale seniors has a lot to prove.

and a defense that holds them scoreless for 3 qtrs

That more than anything. Good point.

that's exactly why they are number one every year.... everyone gives em to much respect and treats em like an all-world football team. your right they are very good but until a team decides to step up and punch riverdale right back nobody will beat them. I give riverdale alot of props but I'm tired of everyone always talking about how good they are. That list doesn't have very many competitive games but where is the one game that matters? the one last year. It's about the gold ball not about scores.

you are right it is about the gold ball... we have 4 and have only been playing football for 36 years and we have 4 meanwhile you have been playing how long and just now got your first one...while you dont have to bow down to us and you dont have to respect us but you do have to respect our achievements...here are a few 4 state championships...5 runner ups...i am not sure how many region championships and district championships (Limbaugh help me out!!)we have had a lot of success throughout the years even with adding all the high schools we still maintain our dominance and if you cant respect some of those accomplishments...then you never played sports

you are right it is about the gold ball... we have 4 and have only been playing football for 36 years and we have 4 meanwhile you have been playing how long and just now got your first one...while you dont have to bow down to us and you dont have to respect us but you do have to respect our achievements...here are a few 4 state championships...5 runner ups...i am not sure how many region championships and district championships (Limbaugh help me out!!)we have had a lot of success throughout the years even with adding all the high schools we still maintain our dominance and if you cant respect some of those accomplishments...then you never played sports

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/football/...l#championships

Is Rottero tired yet? I think he set a 4-AAAAA record for tackles against us last time with 43 or so /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

MTSU could have used him Saturday

Riverdale should be very careful going into this game.. I believe it's going to be raining? Lots of fumbles by 2 wing-t teams..or maybe by just 1 team? Or maybe none at all lol who knows..All I can say is..Wilson Central WILL win..Riverdale is going to be tested early, I think Smyrna and LaVergne proved their defense is capable of giving up crucial points, however its going to be some-what low scoring..Riverdale rallies late, but falls short

21-17.

Wilson Central's speed and Riverdale's ability to not keep hold of the ball proves the difference.

Good season Riverdale, falling short again is tough but ya'll will hang around.

idk the 2005 game was a pretty competitive game untill they started to pull away at the end when Aaron Scott threw an int and ran it back so.

yea, that was the only one though...out of how many...8 or 9 tries. I honestly believe we would have scored had we kept it on the ground even though there was only a couple minutes left in the game. They were tired and we were running right down the field on them.

Riverdale should be very careful going into this game.. I believe it's going to be raining? Lots of fumbles by 2 wing-t teams..or maybe by just 1 team? Or maybe none at all lol who knows..All I can say is..Wilson Central WILL win..Riverdale is going to be tested early, I think Smyrna and LaVergne proved their defense is capable of giving up crucial points, however its going to be some-what low scoring..Riverdale rallies late, but falls short

21-17.

Wilson Central's speed and Riverdale's ability to not keep hold of the ball proves the difference.

Good season Riverdale, falling short again is tough but ya'll will hang around.

Turnovers are definitely the great equalizer. However, Riverdale has settled into a rotation of guys that do a good job of holding on to the ball. I don't expect that to be a big factor Friday night.

It's going to be a good one.

So it sounds like you gurantee a WC win? Pretty strong stuff.

Nothing more frightening than playing a team with a chip on their shoulder. Both WC and Riverdale seem to have one. That means some major fireworks. I think this game will be a brutal physical one with everyone playing their very best. We can all argue this and that of times past but the bottom line is what mindset each team has when they take the field.