McKenzie vs Fayette Academy

VOLnWTN

Well I Spoke With Some Of My Friends From Gleason............. What? I Do Have Several Friends From Gleason. And They Said Fayette Was Lucky To Be Playing Friday. They Felt They Shoulda Won. And Did Everything But Win.

If I remember correctly, Gleason did score a single offensive touchdown and scored both of their scores on special teams. How does this makes sense then?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, Gleason did score a single offensive touchdown and scored both of their scores on special teams. How does this makes sense then?

Gleason had one offensive touchdown drive and the other score was from a KickOff return. It wasn't a close as the score indiated as Gleason never got their offense going. Two key RB's were out with injuries from the previous game w/ Union City. True that the FA team hit hard, but mostly after the whistle and in the back!!! I figure that they won't get away with this in McKenzie.

Gleason had one offensive touchdown drive and the other score was from a KickOff return. It wasn't a close as the score indiated as Gleason never got their offense going. Two key RB's were out with injuries from the previous game w/ Union City. True that the FA team hit hard, but mostly after the whistle and in the back!!! I figure that they won't get away with this in McKenzie.

BigDawg or any other gleason or bruceton fan after seeing both teams play. How do you think they match up? Which team is more physical? Who is better on offense and defense? How do you think the game will go?

The common opponent thing is really no good now. I'd like to hear some ideas about Fayette Acad. but, I've already heard quite a few off of here and in the end-------none of it matters. This game is all about what the kids do on Rebel Field tomorrow night. As far as I'm concerned, the Rebels that matter have done their talking on the field all season and don't figure that will change now. This site is like a playground for the fans and that's cool with me!!

Can the Rebels win it tomorrow night-------------beyond a shadow of a doubt!!!

Will they----------------ask me about 10 tomorrow night!!!

GET UP REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoulda, woulda, coulda time is two weeks gone. You're playing for your legacy at MHS now guys. We're behind you all the way!!!

BigDawg or any other gleason or bruceton fan after seeing both teams play. How do you think they match up? Which team is more physical? Who is better on offense and defense? How do you think the game will go?

Gleason played both games on the road. The McKenzie game was over early as they allowed zero offense from Gleason. The McKenzie DL and LB's were very physical and played very well against the run, which is what FA seemed to excel at against Gleason. FA's passing game looked pretty good, but they didn't have to use it much in the Gleason game due to their running success. FA defense was very quick getting to the ball. We didn't see much from the FA pass defense because Gleason doesn't pass. I feel that McKenzie should be able to control the game with the passing offense and stop the run on defense. I look forward to watching it!!

Gleason played both games on the road. The McKenzie game was over early as they allowed zero offense from Gleason. The McKenzie DL and LB's were very physical and played very well against the run, which is what FA seemed to excel at against Gleason. FA's passing game looked pretty good, but they didn't have to use it much in the Gleason game due to their running success. FA defense was very quick getting to the ball. We didn't see much from the FA pass defense because Gleason doesn't pass. I feel that McKenzie should be able to control the game with the passing offense and stop the run on defense. I look forward to watching it!!

Good post BIGDAWG. Actually, McKenzie hasn't really unleashed their passing game in a few weeks now but has enough to know it's still there. Carr has an incredibly accurate and relatively strong arm and then it's on the receivers to seal the deal. I'm not much worried about a running game beating us this week. But, if Fayette Co. can run a balanced offense and a good pass defense at us it will be a good 'un at Rebel Field tomorrow night.

It's amazing what it will do for a run defense to play a pretty dang even game against the likes of Kendall Harper at Peabody!! If another back hadn't stepped up and got his slack we'd have won that one. Oh yeah, Harper is a top notch passer too!! But, as even I've said, that was then.

This has been a great, fun season for us Rebels. The fans aren't ready to hang 'em up just yet Rebels!!! Take care of business tomorrow night.

Haven't heard from me in a while have yah? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've taken a break from Coach T, as to recuperate from the loss against Milan. First time in a while we have gone down first round. Even though I won't be watching the Eagles this week, I will be at the Mckenzie - Fayette game. Hold your applause, I know. I can't see this one being much of a contest folks. I just hope I get my moneys worth in gas and ticket price... It's a heck of a drive from Jackson to McKenzie. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haven't heard from me in a while have yah? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've taken a break from Coach T, as to recuperate from the loss against Milan. First time in a while we have gone down first round. Even though I won't be watching the Eagles this week, I will be at the Mckenzie - Fayette game. Hold your applause, I know. I can't see this one being much of a contest folks. I just hope I get my moneys worth in gas and ticket price... It's a heck of a drive from Jackson to McKenzie. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey, I kinda' figured ya'll might pull an upset last week myself!! I was .500 on my upset picks that I know of. I called the Peabody upset of Westview but, ya'lls game kept me even. All I can say is that I hope we live up to your expectations tonight!!! It coud be a tight game if we're a little off. I'm a serious worrier on gameday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note, our new home stands are on the side ya'll sat on last season and we made our old home stands the visitors side. You'll be more than welcome to hang out with us if you want. Have a safe trip.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I kinda' figured ya'll might pull an upset last week myself!! I was .500 on my upset picks that I know of. I called the Peabody upset of Westview but, ya'lls game kept me even. All I can say is that I hope we live up to your expectations tonight!!! It coud be a good one if we're a little off. I'm a serious worrier on gameday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note, our new home stands are on the side ya'll sat on last season and we made our old home stands the visitors side. You'll be more than welcome to hang out with us if you want. Have a safe trip.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you have decided to go to the game. I'm glad you feel like going