Antioch @ Independence

lostfan

Call me crazy, but I really think that Antioch has a chance against Independence. I will tell you why................TEAM SPEED.

I know it was early, but my only chance to see Independence was in a scrimmage against Wilson Central, where they looked deathly slow to me. Wilson Central is an extremely well-coached team and has speed in spots, but they aren't near as fast as Antioch. Now, WC whipped up on Antioch too by beating them up in the trenches, but I don't think Indy is as good as WC is up front. Now, let me say that Pettigrew was out and Baugh lasted one play before he got tossed, so they were a little short stacked, but they looked extremely unathletic outside. And against Watkins, McAdoo, and TD, that could be deathly.

On the flip side, Antioch's offensive line is not that good, so Independence may be able to get pressure on Davis and make that point moot. I'm an Antioch grad, but I try not to be too much of a homer, but I truly believe that if Antioch just plays OK up front, they'll make some big plays outside.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, but I really think that Antioch has a chance against Independence. I will tell you why................TEAM SPEED.

I know it was early, but my only chance to see Independence was in a scrimmage against Wilson Central, where they looked deathly slow to me. Wilson Central is an extremely well-coached team and has speed in spots, but they aren't near as fast as Antioch. Now, WC whipped up on Antioch too by beating them up in the trenches, but I don't think Indy is as good as WC is up front. Now, let me say that Pettigrew was out and Baugh lasted one play before he got tossed, so they were a little short stacked, but they looked extremely unathletic outside. And against Watkins, McAdoo, and TD, that could be deathly.

On the flip side, Antioch's offensive line is not that good, so Independence may be able to get pressure on Davis and make that point moot. I'm an Antioch grad, but I try not to be too much of a homer, but I truly believe that if Antioch just plays OK up front, they'll make some big plays outside.

True. But keep in mind that this Indy team has improved alot since then. They had alot of problems with personel and adapting to the system, not to mention a couple of off-the-field distractions. But they've found the right guys for the system and they've really clicked the past few weeks. That being said, Antioch is a dangerous team capable of putting some big points on the board. I think Indy can slow them down enough to see Round 3.

McNine, I will be the first to call you crazy on this one. Not necessarily regarding the idea that Antioch has a chance, because I agree with you, they have the talent and ability to win this game for sure. What is crazy is the idea that this Indy team is playing even close to the level that you witnessed back in a fall scrimmage with Wilson Central. You have not seen the "real" Indy team, not even close! Come check them out in "real time" and then form a more updated opinion.

Should be a great game! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Being a homer is OK. Don't base too much off of what you saw in that scrimmage. That is no where a shell of a team that Indy is now. If Antioch figures out a way to stop the Indy running game they have a shot. If not Indy wins. I'm a homer also.

Being a homer is OK. Don't base too much off of what you saw in that scrimmage. That is no where a shell of a team that Indy is now. If Antioch figures out a way to stop the Indy running game they have a shot. If not Indy wins. I'm a homer also.

Antioch is not very good at stopping the run, so I think Indy with their good RB should put up some yards. I think this is just going to be a shootout where every score will matter.

Guest workinprogress

I agree with both of you and McNine. And I too am a homer. If I am not mistaken Indy basically has the same personel as last year with the exception of the new sophomore qb. Indy has a great back and he will be tough to stop. To me Antioch cannot let Indy get any kind of momentum offensively. If Indys back gets rolling then it will be a shootout. If Antioch can stop the running game of Indy then Antioch will break enough big plays to win and possibly win big. With that said I would expect a great game from both teams and probably a high scoring game. I'll go with Antioch 35 Indy 24.

I agree with both of you and McNine. And I too am a homer. If I am not mistaken Indy basically has the same personel as last year with the exception of the new sophomore qb. Indy has a great back and he will be tough to stop. To me Antioch cannot let Indy get any kind of momentum offensively. If Indys back gets rolling then it will be a shootout. If Antioch can stop the running game of Indy then Antioch will break enough big plays to win and possibly win big. With that said I would expect a great game from both teams and probably a high scoring game. I'll go with Antioch 35 Indy 24.

Independence actually graduated an average amount of players from last year. Most notably on the offensive line positions. But also a handful on defense and a great wide reciever. Independence does have a great back though and most likely will have a great game against AHS. I agree with you also on the part that if Antioch does stop the IHS running game, then it will be a long night for the Eagles. However, I am sticking with my prediction of an Eagles victory by less than 14 points.

Oh and on a side note Packfan: Don't put the Krow kid from Brentwood and Becker from Ravenwood on the same level when talking about dual-threat QBs. I think you might have disgraced the Becker last name..... Krow is not anymore of a dual-threat QB than Smith's recruit last year at QB for Independence.--2 different extremes however

Independence actually graduated an average amount of players from last year. Most notably on the offensive line positions. But also a handful on defense and a great wide reciever. Independence does have a great back though and most likely will have a great game against AHS. I agree with you also on the part that if Antioch does stop the IHS running game, then it will be a long night for the Eagles. However, I am sticking with my prediction of an Eagles victory by less than 14 points.

Oh and on a side note Packfan: Don't put the Krow kid from Brentwood and Becker from Ravenwood on the same level when talking about dual-threat QBs. I think you might have disgraced the Becker last name..... Krow is not anymore of a dual-threat QB than Smith's recruit last year at QB for Independence.--2 different extremes however

True. I retract my previous statement.

A lot of talk on here regarding AHS's athleticism. I've heard of the speed of the Bear's team, but IHS also contributes speed on both sides of the ball. I'm not saying to any degree that they have just as much speed as the Antioch boys, but there is no lack for Indy. Both teams are playing great, so it's hard to say anything bad about either on here, but I don't see Indy blowing this one. They are playing at a different level right now, and i think there are few teams that can keep up with the Eagles if they can continue at this rate.