Franklin @ Hunters Lane

dodge1990

When I get numerous complaints about a member and then look at his account and he has only posted five times but four of them bash a coach and the other puts down a high school girl's basketball player, I wonder what his agenda really is. He is definitely not here to discuss high school sports, or an upcoming game. So, yes, I will pull those posts.

thank you for your comments and I agree "coach bashing" isn't what this whole site is about! when people - kids and adults - hide behind names to bash someone's livelihood it ain't cool - keep shutting down the ones who do this - and it ain't that the truth hurts - it's the fact that 90% of the time in ain't the truth!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe instead of Coach Clayton watching game films for five hours on Sunday, he should have been rummaging through the stadium with his trash bag and orange vest. He also could have spent his time more wisely by flipping through the Eastbay catalog and earmarking the perfect practice jerseys and coaches outfits for next year. If we can't beat them on the field, we might as well look good, right? Maybe you could open a thread about sideline fashion. That one probably wouldn't be pulled. You could even begin your very own "Fashion Runway" for rag tag football teams since the coaching thing hasn't worked out for you. Also, if all teams did was ONLY RUN THE BALL, there would be little offense. Sometimes the playing field has to be opened up by passing in order to create the run.

It would be nice if we had a reliable passing game, but when the "starting" QB has thrown twice as many interceptions and had twice as many fumbles as the kid that he supposedly "won" the starting spot from; you just can't do it that way. The run is all you have with an occasional pass. Now days a team needs a mobile QB that knows how to scramble and avoid a sack, and can run the ball when necessary, in addition to NOT throwing into double and triple coverage, and NOT fumble. the QB needs to be able to read the defense and have options. not just either hand it off, which anyone could do, or a just blindly throw it and hope it hits the mark, getting lucky only occasionally. Franklin only started to have a consistent scoring offense this season when the passing game was all but abandoned. It has to say the least been a disappointing season. We lost 3 games this year in our regular season compared to 1 last year, and then the loss in the first round. Both of those games had one thing in common. We were winning at half time and then something changed in the second half and we lost. I am sure some of you know what that change was. I just hope that we can continue to win. If we continue to run the ball we should be fine.

When I get numerous complaints about a member and then look at his account and he has only posted five times but four of them bash a coach and the other puts down a high school girl's basketball player, I wonder what his agenda really is. He is definitely not here to discuss high school sports, or an upcoming game. So, yes, I will pull those posts.

Thank you!

It would be nice if we had a reliable passing game, but when the "starting" QB has thrown twice as many interceptions and had twice as many fumbles as the kid that he supposedly "won" the starting spot from; you just can't do it that way. The run is all you have with an occasional pass. Now days a team needs a mobile QB that knows how to scramble and avoid a sack, and can run the ball when necessary, in addition to NOT throwing into double and triple coverage, and NOT fumble. the QB needs to be able to read the defense and have options. not just either hand it off, which anyone could do, or a just blindly throw it and hope it hits the mark, getting lucky only occasionally. Franklin only started to have a consistent scoring offense this season when the passing game was all but abandoned. It has to say the least been a disappointing season. We lost 3 games this year in our regular season compared to 1 last year, and then the loss in the first round. Both of those games had one thing in common. We were winning at half time and then something changed in the second half and we lost. I am sure some of you know what that change was. I just hope that we can continue to win. If we continue to run the ball we should be fine.

I agree. A reliable passing game would 'seal the deal' for Franklin. I witnessed the events you speak about and you are correct. But, the QB has - in the past few games - improved his accuracy with his aerial assault....not by any means what it should be, though. I would very much like to see a QB who could scramble out of the pocket and make some positive rushing yardage so that the opponent's defense would be unprepared. As of now, most teams know that FHS QB won't run with the ball unless absolutely necessary - he'd rather hand off the ball or throw it. On the other hand, having a QB who can run, but hasn't proven his passing skills - granted he hasn't really had the opportunity - won't be the solution, either. To me, it boils down to what everyone already knows: a QB needs to be able to pass accurately...see where his receivers are and put the ball in their hands...and react quickly when all receivers are covered by finding a seam made by the offensive line and make some positive yardage. In the last game FHS played, the O line opened some B-I-G channels that any RB would LOVE to race through. I know that coaches don't like having two QBs run an offense, but it sure worked last year! So, let's bring #15 who can play REC/QB/LB/RB back on the field!

Of course, let's give some credit to #77, 65, 74, 76, 66 and 12! Those men can block a defensive line with aggressive enthusiasm and wear down a defense! They can open up holes and channels that make #32, #4, and #5 sing with pleasure. With those three alertly hitting the seams opened by the O line, Franklin should win... by 2 TDs!

Everyone needs to remember that we are talking about kids here. This QB people complain about, is still a part of last years Region Champs, second this year in the region, and helping the team go to the second round of the playoffs this year. The team is still playing in the middle of November when most of the region is getting ready for the weight room. Your views on the passing game may be right. However, openly discussing a single players performance should have some restrain. Especially, if I am a fan of the team. I wouldn't feel good if that such player reads these threads before the game, knowning how, his fans don't have trust in him. He has played well in the second half of the year and has made some very big plays. He can get it done for this team. Just a thought.

Not true. There is an exception in the "fine print" on the TSSAA site that says if two teams advance to the quarter finals from the same region, then the game is played at the home field of the higher seeded team which in this case would be IHS as the Region 6 champs. Franklin and IHS better focus on first taking care of some tough business this Friday night for this to even be an issue though.

Thanks, gotta love that fine print! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I'm expecting a much different Hunters Lane team than the one I saw Franklin scrimmage back in August. Here are a couple of posts I made in the scrimmages or jamborees thread after that scrimmage that may, or may not, add to this discussion...

FYI... Franklin varsity beat Hunters Lane last night in a scrimmage at Hunters Lane.

Here is the scoring breakdown:

Varsity

Franklin won 40-7

Junior Varsity

Hunters Lane won 16-0

A jump ball TD pass by Hunters Lane cut the Franklin lead down to 14-7 early, but a combination of Franklin's defense and some Hunters Lane turnovers allowed Franklin to pull away. On offense Franklin was led by sophomore RB Keylo Lee who scored 3 TDs (if I remember correctly). Hunters Lane is probably a little better than what they showed last night. They made a lot of mistakes they probably won't make during the season. I think they had 1 punt blocked and 2 bad snaps on punts. They also fumbled a punt return.

Defensively Franklin is really good. Opposing offenses will struggle to go 80 yards on a consistent basis against them. I think they're still trying find themselves offensively. They ran the ball extremely well against Hunters Lane. Here is a video clip of sophomore RB Keylo Lee running the ball a few times in that scrimmage...

Keylo Lee Clip

Franklin rotates a few guys at RB so he probably won't get a ton of touches this year, but he looks like he might be a special player one day for the Rebels.

Enjoy! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

FYI... You'll need Windows Media Player installed to view the video clip.

I'm really looking forward to this game. It should be a good one.

Everyone needs to remember that we are talking about kids here. This QB people complain about, is still a part of last years Region Champs, second this year in the region, and helping the team go to the second round of the playoffs this year. The team is still playing in the middle of November when most of the region is getting ready for the weight room. Your views on the passing game may be right. However, openly discussing a single players performance should have some restrain. Especially, if I am a fan of the team. I wouldn't feel good if that such player reads these threads before the game, knowning how, his fans don't have trust in him. He has played well in the second half of the year and has made some very big plays. He can get it done for this team. Just a thought.

Okay.... agreed

You are absolutely right. I need to consider the feelings of both QBs and I really wasn't complaining - at least I wasn't trying to complain - as much as expressing a concern...FHS is going up against a highly physical team and the 'A' game is mandatory if FHS wants to win. I do have trust in him. He has improved with each game and I believe will continue to improve. I'm looking forward to seeing him 'get it done' on Friday. I do need to remember that I am talking about kids. I was talking about two QBs. Both highly capable with their own 'special' abilities. I'd just like to have the opposing team wonder which QB would FHS would use in each situation....might be very interesting.