Franklin @ Hunters Lane

dodge1990

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Franklin keeps playing as well as they have been, then FHS by atleast 10.

An Indy win would be nice too that would be a great rematch, but I would expect the same results..even if it is at Ind. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But we'll have to get through this week first.

GO REBELS!!!!

The more I go back and look over Region 5 scores for the entire season, the more I'm convinced they were way down from past years. Gallatin? Hendersonville? Sorry but it just doesn't look to have been near the teams of years past. Region 6 was down some but as in years past is still stronger than Region 5. Franklin has played McGavock and Overton and scrimmaged Hunters Lane and in all three, met with little difficulty. I know ... that was then and this is now ... I just don't think Franklin or Independence will have much trouble with Hunters Lane and Antioch.

I look for Franklin to win by 21 and Independence to win by 30

This should be a very good game. The last time these two teams met in a playoffs Hunters Lane blew a 28 point halftime lead. I'm very curious to see if my old school will be able to hold on and come out with a victory this year. My predictions HL 24 - 14

Actually it was 24-7 at the half after three back to back to back scores by HL taking advantage of 2 turnovers by FHS deep in HL territory in the last 2 minutes of the half!

That HL team made the mistake of running their mouths as they headed to the locker room for the half. Franklin's O Line was so mad in the locker room that they came out and pummeled a much bigger, stronger HL D Line with technique and tenacity. Similar situation in that FHS had two great backs in Darrien Watters and Antonio Hammond, who took turns running for chunks of 5-9 yards at a clip between the tackles. I look for Steele and Lee to do the same this year!!

The more I go back and look over Region 5 scores for the entire season, the more I'm convinced they were way down from past years. Gallatin? Hendersonville? Sorry but it just doesn't look to have been near the teams of years past. Region 6 was down some but as in years past is still stronger than Region 5. Franklin has played McGavock and Overton and scrimmaged Hunters Lane and in all three, met with little difficulty. I know ... that was then and this is now ... I just don't think Franklin or Independence will have much trouble with Hunters Lane and Antioch.

I look for Franklin to win by 21 and Independence to win by 30

I like the way you're predicting...

Region 5 scores are down as are Region 6, yet I ponder the difference... defensive lines are stronger now than in the past. Conditioning year round, more specialized weight lifting routines, not playing the same men on both sides of the line, increased strategies from defensive line coaches (of which Coach Webb is one of the best), and other improvements at the high school level have had a positive impact on keeeping the score from exceeding 40+ level. This in no way negates the strength and agility of the OL, RBs, Recs, QBs, etc. who also put in many hours with the similar routines. It just points out the changes that are occurring at the high school level. At least that's the way I, so humbly, see it.