Goodpasture @ Camden

Ctownfootball

It's the same,sad story...GP gets to choose from alot of players from alot of places,to play for them...and Camden gets to choose from whomever gets off of the yellow bus every year...it will never be fair,as long as us Public schools play the Privates. That being said,I will always take up for my Lions ,will support them until the bitter end !!! Don't truly mean to sound like a cry-baby...but have been coming to these games for MANY years,and have seen it happen time and time again(Public vs. Privates). My Lions will not give up,no matter what. So,do hope that GP understands this is not going to be a push-over game. Things do happen,things can happen,things will happen... GO BIG BLACK !!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nice post...you are exactly right...

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the same,sad story...GP gets to choose from alot of players from alot of places,to play for them...and Camden gets to choose from whomever gets off of the yellow bus every year...it will never be fair,as long as us Public schools play the Privates. That being said,I will always take up for my Lions ,will support them until the bitter end !!! Don't truly mean to sound like a cry-baby...but have been coming to these games for MANY years,and have seen it happen time and time again(Public vs. Privates). My Lions will not give up,no matter what. So,do hope that GP understands this is not going to be a push-over game. Things do happen,things can happen,things will happen... GO BIG BLACK !!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your right!Its a sad story because people like you give the public school this weak and simple midset!And you do sound like a cry baby,quit crying so hard by the way.Why would you even bring this up if you knew Camden had a chance?No one brings up the issuse of public and private colleges on the next level do they??IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU ARE,YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE!A ball player in private is a ball player in public!Period.If you want to give Camden a chance maybe you should quit posting!

Now no disrespect to Camden..I respect them as well as any other team but Im taking GP in this one.Game after game, year after year I hear people say how so many points cant be scored on these WEST TN defenses.Ive seen it done multipe times.Good luck to both teams and I hope it remains safe!

What I don't understand is that you never hear Alcoa and Marryville complain about the private vs public debate.

You don't hear them complain (and I don't consider it complaining,just stating facts),because they are in an open zone,which means they can go out of their boundaries to get players. That's what I've been told and if I'm wrong I apologize. So,it's not the same thing. All I know is that we get what we get from Benton County. Granted we don't have the monetary means as a GP,or a CPA (with their former NFL players volunteering as Asst. Coaches),or any other Private school,we do with what we've got. And,if I do say so,this year has been pretty awesome,these young men(the Senior class) have scored more points than any other Senior class in Camden history. We're making steps every year with this program,Thanks to a great Coaching staff !!! Once again,my support will never wane for this team /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> !!! GO BIG BLACK !!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Your right!Its a sad story because people like you give the public school this weak and simple midset!And you do sound like a cry baby,quit crying so hard by the way.Why would you even bring this up if you knew Camden had a chance?No one brings up the issuse of public and private colleges on the next level do they??IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU ARE,YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE!A ball player in private is a ball player in public!Period.If you want to give Camden a chance maybe you should quit posting!

Now no disrespect to Camden..I respect them as well as any other team but Im taking GP in this one.Game after game, year after year I hear people say how so many points cant be scored on these WEST TN defenses.Ive seen it done multipe times.Good luck to both teams and I hope it remains safe!

You know what they say about opinions...everybody has one...you don't have to be so mean about it /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .I'm not about to start slinging mud with/at you about this.As,Legend said to L4E,take a chill pill...also maybe next time that you post,you might use a spell checker....."midset???"

You know what they say about opinions...everybody has one...you don't have to be so mean about it /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .I'm not about to start slinging mud with/at you about this.As,Legend said to L4E,take a chill pill...also maybe next time that you post,you might use a spell checker....."midset???"

Alcoa must be a private school.

What about Alcoa and Maryville?

Why don't we all stop calling them private schools and start calling them "Pick of the Litter schools." Then we could change the Blue Cross Bowl to the Blue Cross Breeders Bowl. Then after all the 1A-5A teams play, they could all play each other for the Grand Championship! But then again the public schools would cry that it is not fair.

OK all public school cry babbies, what should they do to make it fair? I would love to hear your side of the story.

I know this is not the forum for this though, but the public schools always bring this up before they play a private school. I guess it gets them prepared to look up at the scoreboard before they leave the game!

I'm tired of everyone beating this dead horse. Nothing is going to change there will always be private schools mixed in the public schools athletic programs. GP I believe is already having to play up anyway. By enrollment I think they are a 1A school. If I 'm wrong someone please correct me. We just need to keep our heads up and let what happens on Friday happen and then as they leave Wright field with their heads hanging and tails tucked between their legs wish them a safe trip home and best of luck in basketball season. GO LIONS!

Crunch! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What about Alcoa and Maryville?

Why don't we all stop calling them private schools and start calling them "Pick of the Litter schools." Then we could change the Blue Cross Bowl to the Blue Cross Breeders Bowl. Then after all the 1A-5A teams play, they could all play each other for the Grand Championship! But then again the public schools would cry that it is not fair.

OK all public school cry babbies, what should they do to make it fair? I would love to hear your side of the story.

I know this is not the forum for this though, but the public schools always bring this up before they play a private school. I guess it gets them prepared to look up at the scoreboard before they leave the game!

Easy Cougar Brown. Don't count those chickens. Don't know how far you go back with GP's program, but you should know we've been on the winning and losing end of some of these public/private matchups. Should we beat Camden? Probably. If we play our best football we should beat them.

However, although I don't put a whole lot of stock in rankings, ratings, etc, but Camden's Sonny Moore's rating is 116.60 and DCA's Sonny Moore's rating is 116.18. Well GP can puff out our chest and say, yeah well our rating is 129.13, second only to Alcoa's rating. You know what it don't mean squat. DCA was rated well below us and we know what happened. I for one will show Camden all due respect. Sure they got throttled by CPA last year and we just beat CPA back to back, but that was last year. We need to worry about this year.

Camden folks I hope this is a mistake free football game on both sides where everyone will know both teams played at their best. At the end, may the best team win. Frankly, I want it to be GP. But hey, if you're good enough to take us down. Congrats and you'll deserve all due respect.

I'm tired of everyone beating this dead horse. Nothing is going to change there will always be private schools mixed in the public schools athletic programs. GP I believe is already having to play up anyway. By enrollment I think they are a 1A school. If I 'm wrong someone please correct me. We just need to keep our heads up and let what happens on Friday happen and then as they leave Wright field with their heads hanging and tails tucked between their legs wish them a safe trip home and best of luck in basketball season. GO LIONS!

Crunch! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are correct regarding Goodpasture. Their 2004 enrollment number was 370. By the way, CPA, DCA, Ezell, FRA, Boyd and USJ all had smaller enrollments than Goodpasture. The largest school in 1A was Hampton at 393 in 2004.

There's a forum for the public/private debate. Head over there. And if you don't think that Camden can win this game, don't come. We want our real fans there.

Lions- Take care of all the little things and the big ones will take care of themselves. Block your man well and then head to the next level. Tackle as a team. Two hands on the football. Catch the ball with your hands, not your body. BE PHYSICAL AND PLAY FAST WITH YOUR HEAD ON A SWIVEL!!! Play solid, hardnosed football. That's what Goodpasture is gonna be bringing. So take it TO THEM! That's the only way to win! GO LIONS!