Smyrna @ Lincolin County

seantn_4

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Smyrna! Good luck in the next round. If the back judge had called 3 more penalties he would have set a new state record. Both teams had trouble with this crew. Good luck with Wilson Central they seem to be the hot team.

I agree with everything you said, these guys (refs) would make a good call then, totally miss something that everybody in the stadium saw but them.

But the refs didn't by no means beat us tonight, Smyrna played a good game and the fact that we fumbled the ball 7 times and had 2 ints. not to mention a few bad snaps over the qbs. head sure didn't help our cause.

Next week is shaping up to be a good matchup, seems to me like Wilson Central is peaking at the right time, Smyrna better be ready for them.

Well...the LC pass defense was disappointing....LC ball handling was disappointing....LC defense had it's moments, but Smyrna's running and passing was too much - Smyrna's passing game is incredible....refs were disappointing....but on the other hand.....

9-3 ain't bad Falcons. Take some time off then get ready for next year!

Good luck Smyrna! You don't need much though, you have plenty of talent.

Great job by Smyrna tonight. I feel like we gave up a lot in field position, turnovers, and the worst officiating I have ever seen, HS, college, or pro, but I digress. I'm not sure any of those things would have helped much, had they been corrected. Smyrna has an excellent football team, and I told most of them on the way out, I hope they take it all the way.

Talked to Rod after the game, and he is a class act. I hope he represents U.T. well next year.

Falcons, hold your head high, you had a great season!!

my view my opinion

lc is just not very good - they remind me of gallatin. They have a few good players but no where near enough to do much outside region 3.

lc - finished the 1st half with significant negative yardage ( asisted by 2 snaps over the qb's head) and their offense scored only one of the tds late after it was 30 to 2.

Every pass route smyrna was ready for even the opening on side kick smyrna knew was coming but as onsdie kicks do it bounced off a waiting player. Everyone knows lc loves the fb in the flat and the halfback pass and covered them well.

I dont know if it is lack of offensive imagination or the lack of talent to run a more open style offense?

smyrna as tiger woods would say brought their A game on defense and the C+ or B- game on offense. Offense was ok but not on fire and some of that may have been lc defense.

Bryson looked strong again as the freshman scored 3 tds two runs one pass.

THE PIT:

pretty good crowd but not as vocal as usual on the visitors side.

worse pa system since smyrnas last year ( we finally got a new one) and no one on the visitors side knows a word that was said.

it just doesn't feel the same there anymore? It now feels sort of old and dated like it needs some updates to the press box and some paint here and there.

I know coach thompson is known as old school and as a disciplinarian but some of his players do not represent that and I wil leave it a that.

Smyrna - good solid win took care of business and moved on and that is what the playoffs are as you know from last year- just win.