3. AE

4. Fulton

5. Oak Ridge

6. Farragut

7. Loudon

8. Anderson County

9. Powell

10. Catholic

This is probably the strongest group of Knoxville area teams I can remember. 1 through 6 are all very good, although from what I have seen AE is good but ranked to high. Maybe they will improve as the season goes on but just about everyone below them - Fulton, Farragut. Oak Ridge, and AC looked better in spring ball and scrimmages.

3 Bearden (Simpson, Jenkins, Craig), 2 Maryville (Douglas, Damron), 2 Fulton (Gallman, Minor) and 2 AE (Jones, Florence) and 1 OR (Dowdell) players listed as top players. As usual a talented group of Farragut players is overlooked. Binder is the only one mentioned in the ready to shine category.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepxtra rankings are out:

1. Bearden

2. Maryville

3. AE

4. Fulton

5. Oak Ridge

6. Farragut

7. Loudon

8. Anderson County

9. Powell

10. Catholic

This is probably the strongest group of Knoxville area teams I can remember. 1 through 6 are all very good, although from what I have seen AE is good but ranked to high. Maybe they will improve as the season goes on but just about everyone below them - Fulton, Farragut. Oak Ridge, and AC looked better in spring ball and scrimmages.

3 Bearden (Simpson, Jenkins, Craig), 2 Maryville (Douglas, Damron), 2 Fulton (Gallman, Minor) and 2 AE (Jones, Florence) and 1 OR (Dowdell) players listed as top players. As usual a talented group of Farragut players is overlooked. Binder is the only one mentioned in the ready to shine category.

Now that half the season has been played, how close was the News Sentinel's predictions to being accurate?

HOOPSGURU's opinion differs slightly:

1) Bearden

2) Oak Ridge

3) Maryville

4) Austin East

5) Fulton

6) Anderson County

7) Farragut

8) Powell

9) Carter

10) Cocke County

some of these teams have beaten each other, so this is more about consistency...please feel free to argue....

Close but no stogie(next 12 in no order):

Loudon, Catholic, Grace Christian, Chucky Doak, Rutledge, Cumberland Gap, Morristown West, South Doyle, William Blount, Lenoir City, Sweetwater, McMinn Central

IMO ... Farragut is not a top 10 team in East Tennessee. They are a second tier team in their district, competing for 3rd place with William Blount, South Doyle, & Lenoir City. Oak Ridge should is #1. Maryville should be ranked ahead of Bearden (based on the fact they defeated the Bulldogs playing short-handed ... Douglas is their best post and one of the strongest and most effective post players in the state).

IMO ... Farragut is not a top 10 team in East Tennessee. They are a second tier team in their district, competing for 3rd place with William Blount, South Doyle, & Lenoir City. Oak Ridge should is #1. Maryville should be ranked ahead of Bearden (based on the fact they defeated the Bulldogs playing short-handed ... Douglas is their best post and one of the strongest and most effective post players in the state).

Are you back to stay?

Govman,

Third place in District 4 is in the top ten in the prepextra area. Right now, Oak Ridge, Bearden and Maryville are at the top. We will see how things play out in January. I think that Maryville and Bearden both will lose one or two more games in their district. Farragut will improve significantly, and their match-up Thursday at Oak Ridge will tell a lot about their team. Has Aaron played in any games yet?

Govman,

Third place in District 4 is in the top ten in the prepextra area. Right now, Oak Ridge, Bearden and Maryville are at the top. We will see how things play out in January. I think that Maryville and Bearden both will lose one or two more games in their district. Farragut will improve significantly, and their match-up Thursday at Oak Ridge will tell a lot about their team. Has Aaron played in any games yet?

Argue all you want, in my opinion Farragut could probably be ahead of AC too. Powell lost to Cocke by a lot and beat Farragut. William Blount lost to Farragut and almost to LC. AE lost to Loudon, who lost to Stone Memorial, who lost to Anderson County, who lost to Carter, who lost to Rutledge and on and on. Nobody is perfect, but overall is what I tried to look at....not just one game.....Loudon could probably be higher after finishing 3rd at Super 16 but they lost too many early including Cocke County, but we'll see....good food for fodder.....

Big games this week:

Oak Ridge/Farragut

Fulton/Austin East

Anderson County/Loudon

McMinn Central/Sweetwater

South Doyle/Maryville

Alcoa/William Blount

1. oak ridge

2. Maryville

3.bearden

4.fulton

5. AC

6. AE

7. Farragut

8. powell

9. carter

10. catholic

this is my new years top ten. a lot can change the next couple of weeks with some key matchups, but im pretty comfortable with this ten. i think that this is on of the strongest east tennessee groups in a long while. 4 of these teams will be at the state tourney. happy new year to all!

Are you back to stay?

just to talk a little basketball maybe /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I'm not sure I agree that 3rd place in district 4 is top 10 in the prepextra area. Alot of years I'd agree for sure, but I'm not certain I agree with that statement this season.

1. oak ridge

2. Maryville

3.bearden

4.fulton

5. AC

6. AE

7. Farragut

8. powell

9. carter

10. catholic

this is my new years top ten. a lot can change the next couple of weeks with some key matchups, but im pretty comfortable with this ten. i think that this is on of the strongest east tennessee groups in a long while. 4 of these teams will be at the state tourney. happy new year to all!

Tied#10 Loudon/Catholic

just to talk a little basketball maybe /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I'm not sure I agree that 3rd place in district 4 is top 10 in the prepextra area. Alot of years I'd agree for sure, but I'm not certain I agree with that statement this season.

Sounds like somebody got some sour grapes for Christmas. Are you basing your whole opinion on a close game with WB? You don't say who you think is better than Farragut and should be in the top 10 instead. They are 13-3 with only losses being to top tier teams in the State. They are ranked 11 in the strength+success for AAA and beat the best team in NE Tennessee, Dobyns-Bennett, by 19. Bearden, Fulton and Farragut were clearly the best teams at the super 16. Carter, Loudon and the rest of the teams were not very impressive. Carter barely beat Morristown East in OT where Farragut crushed them. Cocke County has been really up and down and has not looked like a top ten team and Cathloic hasn't really beaten anybody good. William Blount is probably better than this group of teams and may have a case for being #10. South Dyle and Karns have also looked good at times this year.