Knox Halls @ Red Bank

Pirateman894

jlancaaster- Most Halls fans understand your are just stating the obvious, no nerve hit. Consider this info from the Pilot preseason top 200 players in the state:

Red Bank

#43 - Dominque McDuffie - WR 6'2/190

#44 - Tracy Sims - LB/FB 5'11/235

#47 - Tyler Chambers - OL 6'3/295

#56 - Tim Benford - WR 6'2/195

#57 - Jake Ledbetter - QB 5'10/190

#58 - Taylor Chambers - 6'2/280

Halls

#145 Daniel Dayton - WR 6'1/175

Also, consider these preseason 4A All-State selections:

Red Bank - D. McDuffie, Tyler & Taylor Chambers, and T. Sims

Halls - No one

- On paper this is a mismatch and a half. Halls has no chance(on paper) All Halls has is a group of no-name, blue collar type of players. However, on paper Halls should have been 5-5 and fifth place in the region. Many thought we (Halls) might lose to Clinton and South Doyle this year, maybe even finish 3-7.

- Red Bank fans, is this the year you finally beat Maryville? After your warm up game with us on Friday, can you get serious for the Rebels??

- Halls players, remember this - It is amazing what a team can accomplish when NOBODY cares who gets the credit!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ether way when one of these two team get to Maryville it is going to be a train wreck. I think both of these teams has what it takes to put Maryville out. Good luck both teams an stay safe /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Do you really think both of these teams have what it takes to put Maryville out, or are just hoping so the Green(e) Devils don't have to come to Maryville. If I was from region 1 or 2 I wouldn't look forward to playing anyone from 3 or 4 no matter who that team is.

Halls needs to put some serious work on the defensive side of the ball this week in practice. Tackling looked very poor most of the night untill it counted mid way thru the third and fourth quarter. Moronicus challenged me to check how many points we have leaked this year and its not good. Seems like our high powered offense has had to out score most opponents. It surprised me when I checked out the numbers.

I just love these people that come on here and think this Halls team has no speed. I wonder if anyones checked to see how many TD's have been scored with a 40+ yard burst or catch this year? I think that will open a lot of peoples eyes of how fast we are. I guarentee West, Maryville, South Doyle and now Cleveland believe we have speed.

Jlancaster, I am proud of what Powell did this year and how it quieted the doubters about our region being down but lets be honest Halls had a terrible game also when we played. We both played not to lose as has been scripted the past few years. Sometimes the ugly games are the hardest to lose. So in a way I understand your reference that Red Bank will kill us. Maybe they will if we played the way when we played you. But if we play inspired and go in with a nothing to lose mentality we should be fine.

I am counting on a Halls win friday night. I don't care how many great athletes they have we have a great team.

You said it, ZCAR, Halls is a team. If they continue to play like they have of late they absolutely can beat Red Bank.

Fortunately, from what I hear Red Bank doesn't have a running QB in the vein of a C. McMillan or Cleveland's Tipton. I for one am puzzled by the success that type of QB has had. Someone on the Cleveland - Halls forum said it was assignment breakdowns. I don't know enough about it to hazard an opinion.

Anyhow, like you said, when it was crunch time the defense rose to the occasion and began making the stops. Also, one of our linemen had strep throat last week, but still had a good game. He ought to be 100% this Friday.

I hope our opponents keep on thinking we don't have speed and then they can wave at our "slow" players as they see their backsides heading for the endzone.

Diver,

Accounting for the QB has been a tough thing for us this year. Cleveland had a good OL and opened some nice holes for the running QB. I thought we contained Scoton the runningback. Having Caleb healthy will be a huge plus for us.

Special teams was another area of concern. Seems like Cleveland had decent field position most of the night.

Firm these areas up and we should be good to go. I am very excited for this team they have exceeded everyones expectations including mine. I still think they have a lot more in their tank.

Go Red Devils /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If Halls is going to have a shot against Red Bank, then they better have an offensive performance like they did against Maryville and a defensive performance like they did the last 15 minutes against Cleveland, except for 48 minutes. Otherwise, Red Bank will win. Halls better practice this week like it'll be their last and they better play Friday night with the intensity as if it were for a championship.

- I can't help but wonder what the big game next week between Red Bank and Maryville will be like. I have a few questions for the Red Bank faithful; Are you beginning to get nervous or excited since it almost a week away? Do you feel like you can go into thier house and win?? Have you worked all summer tp get ready for this game?? Can you believe it is almost here??

- Concerning the Halls game, not sure if we are man enough for this one. I hope we can smack you guys back when you hit us, just not real sure. O. Line had a poor performance against Cleveland, and R. Bank is much better up front. You guys (O. Line)need to get serious and get tough again. We need you guys to get a chip on your soldier and come out nasty.

I dont think Halls can Match up to Red Bank as good as Powell did. But I do think that Halls will pull this one out... on one hand. On the other hand I think Red Bank will kill them. I have 2 predictions.

Halls 17 - Red Bank 42

That is if Red Bank plays to there potential.

If Red Bank has the same type of game as they did against Powell

Halls 24- Red Bank 21

I do think the Magical number 3 will have alot to do with this game(halls beat powell by 3 and red bank beat powell by 3)

That said ... It all depends on which 2 teams show up to play.