Congratulations Wildcats

Ole Dad

Did you all notice that Henry Co. won again last night? What is that 11-1 for a coach that the powers in Oak Ridge turned down, go figure!!! At least we didn't have to play Bearden, look what they did to Billy Blount, and they clobbered us. Boy are we lucky!

30-0 - when I heard it I almost fell out of my chair, Bearden must have been on fire.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you all notice that Henry Co. won again last night? What is that 11-1 for a coach that the powers in Oak Ridge turned down, go figure!!! At least we didn't have to play Bearden, look what they did to Billy Blount, and they clobbered us. Boy are we lucky!

Bounder Did not realize you were such a Joe Gaddis supporter. I thought I remembered being told you were leading the charge for the powers that be not to hire him. Must of been another bounder.Anyway good luck to the Wildcats in the future.We have our own problems to deal with in Bobcat country. Central Bobcat

Joe Gaddis is a friend of mine, I was just commenting that the coach the committee picked and was turned down by the powers that be, took his team to 11-1 . And are still in the playoffs. While our uniforms and gear are probably still laying in the floor of the locker room, where they were thrown after the DB game.

You are absolutely correct. And a majoeity of the folks that didn't want him then would love to have him now!

Well, being a HUGE Henry County supporter, we are dang proud to have Joe Gaddis as part of the Big Red Nation. I am also proud to say he has become a good friend as well. One heck of a guy and even better coach. I really hate that OR is done for the year. Was hoping that you guys would make the trek to the borough. We have some tough ball left to play, but our sites are firmly focused there...

Not hiring Joe Gaddis had nothing to do with his coaching ability.

Bounder, I guess you and the majority of folks shoulld be careful what you wish for the next time there is a hire to be made. Apparently he can coach he did a good job against us in the early 90's although we did lay a good beat down on him at your place one night, the score sort of reminded me of the Farragut game this year vs OR, and if I am not mistaken that 90 team that took that beat down went on to beat us in the semi's the next year and win a championship.Don't know why you and the majority would not want a coach like that back but your loss is certainly HC's gain. Strange. Central Bobcat

Both coaches do have something in common. One was not hired for reasons other than his coaching ability, according to outside sources, and the current coach was hired for reasons other than his coaching abilities. Kind of makes sense, and results definately back that theory up. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I didn't say I didn't want him back. And if you will reread post #17 and try to comprehend what you read you may understand what I was saying. I'll make it easy for you Oak Ridge should have hired Joe Gaddis instead of Stanton Stephens.

Bounder let me make it easy for you the word I get from my OR sources are that you and a few others not only did everything you could to keep the powers that be from hiring this man because of past problems, but you also had a big hand in trying to get him to leave even before he decided to leave on his own.Tnbreakers is absolutely right the most qualified coach was not hired for reasons other than his abilities.Be Careful what you wish for in the future because this time you got it.Central Bobcat

Bobby cat your information is flawed as I had no influence on that decision or any other for that matter. If your Oak Ridge sources told you that, then they are full of crap!! I don't know who you think I am but you and your buddies give me too much credit.

You probably just need to worry about Central and let the folks in Oak Ridge fight our own battles. We don't need your help, but thanks anyway.