Who will be the next Soddy-Daisy coach?

Haymaker

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to play for the soddy daisy trojans. and yes i was #48. i love the soddy daisy trojans. i feel that we need a coach like ted from ooltewah. or maybe we should look around the knoxville area. those teams around there have lots of good coaches and not to wish ill repair on one of those teams. but if one of those coaches come here, all i could hope is that they bring a couple of coaches with them like most normally do. we have a lot of talent in the middle school so they should be excited about what is to come. the loftis middle cougars eighth grade team has never lost a game. so that shows that they are plenty talented. their running back clarncio holmes [sp?] reset the loftis rushing record set by billy zimmerman. and the freshman almost beat the baylor junior varsity. what ever coach comes here needs to know that the community will be behind them and will love them. we love our football here and i can promise you that come week 4 against bradley central i think the stands will be packed. we want the blue and gold to hi the field and the other team be beat physically, mentally, emotionally, and statistically. and if they have kids, they can get a plenty good education here.

I DONT BELIEVE TED IS READY YET 2 LEAVE HOOTERVILLE.

I work with a parent and member of the booster club at Soddy, the inside rumor has our Gatewood as the leading candidate, with two of the current assistants as choice 2 and 3 (Garland & Ore). Surely Ted would not leave the nest for SDHS!! SD fans how true is this?

IF COACH GATEWOOD DOES GET THE SODDY JOB,SODDY WILL B GETTING A GOOD COACH,BUT ON TOP OF THAT A GREAT MAN.

I work with a parent and member of the booster club at Soddy, the inside rumor has our Gatewood as the leading candidate, with two of the current assistants as choice 2 and 3 (Garland & Ore). Surely Ted would not leave the nest for SDHS!! SD fans how true is this?

Word is Coach Gatewood is not interested. I know he turned down a chance to go to the new school in N. Georgia (Heritage) and I have heard is is not going to Soddy either. I am sure he will wait until Coach Monroe retires, then move back up to the Head Coaching job at Ooltewah.

Haymaker, i played back in the first year for tom weathers. i played linebacker and full back. but the latest is that there have been very few applicants. like possibly only 5 or 6. there is plenty of great talent to go around at the school and for those that say that there are no athletes. there are plenty. we just need a coach that can get some of them to play basketball. Coach weather said that he has a person in his weight training class that can throw the ball 65 yards. no ability, i think not.

and on another note, i would like to apolagize to matthew bradley. as some of you may see, my screen name is soddydaisy48football. matthew bradley was #48 for soddy daisy the last two years. he contacted me and has asked that i make it clear that this is NOT him. I am sorry matthew for any trouble that this might have caused.

WHY?WHAT WAS SODDYS RECORD WHEN HE WAS THERE B4?AND WHY DID HE LEAVE?

He took over in 92 when Jack Daniels was fired, that year he had a 1-9 record. IN 93 it was 7-4. In 94 it was 8-4. In 95 it was 8-3. I do not know what his record was in 96, but he left there for the same reason he left whatever school he came there from. He found annother school with a strugling program to rebuild. That is just waht he does.