Warren Co. Season

Nitro14

The O-Line will not return any starters to my knowledge. The Thrower boy that was the Freshman QB should be the one taking the majority of the snaps when he returns to 100% Northcutt , Hutchings, and Wilcher will probably see most of the load on Offense as RB's I don't know much about the wide outs, and the Defense should be fairly solid with Wilcher and Harris up front.The boys basketball team will be improved this year.

No returning O-line and a sophomore QB? Sounds like they have their work cut out for them offensively. It would be nice to have a decent passing game to take pressure off the running backs. I've seen Thrower play a few times, do you think he is ready to run the offense and has the arm to stretch a defense out? Toughness?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No returning O-line and a sophomore QB? Sounds like they have their work cut out for them offensively. It would be nice to have a decent passing game to take pressure off the running backs. I've seen Thrower play a few times, do you think he is ready to run the offense and has the arm to stretch a defense out? Toughness?

Time will tell.

I went to a couple of games this year. I've seen some improvement from years past, but i am not sure what is needed to take them to the next level. It is difficult for me to see how they can compete with the murfreesboro teams. One suggestion would be to stop changing your offense each year. If they want to be a wing t grind it out team that is fine, but stick with it. Talent level has risen and seems to match their region rivals. No reason WC can't be like Lincoln County..competitive year in and year out and once every 5 years or so, make a deep run into the playoffs. Wishful thinking perhaps

I went to a couple of games this year. I've seen some improvement from years past, but i am not sure what is needed to take them to the next level. It is difficult for me to see how they can compete with the murfreesboro teams. One suggestion would be to stop changing your offense each year. If they want to be a wing t grind it out team that is fine, but stick with it. Talent level has risen and seems to match their region rivals. No reason WC can't be like Lincoln County..competitive year in and year out and once every 5 years or so, make a deep run into the playoffs. Wishful thinking perhaps

I don't think it's wishful thinking at all. The talent has gotten better and they do need to stick to one offense and be able to throw it also. Off season workout program is going good and will help a lot. Just making the playoffs by beating two of the teams in the region isn't that impressive, but is better than all the winless seasons they had. The Murfreesboro teams are good and filled with talent, but they should be able to compete with them. I think they should have beat Tullahoma and Lincoln Co. this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know who is going to be the coach @ the middle school? WC has got to keep football moving in the right direction and this is very important. What about one of the high school's assistants?

Heard a rumour that Jeff Watson will be returning to coach the middle school, but you know how rumours are in WC. Bill Harris is one of the finest men I know and what happened to him at the middle school is a shame. The only coach I hear that might be coming back to WCMS is Devin Rackley. There is some really good talent coming up thru the youth leagues that will be at the middle school if the little blond that coaches boys basketball will let play and not threaten their place on the basketball team. (I KNOW IT HAPPENS). But nothing will be done about because she is the high school AD's sister-in-law.

As for the high school their are some really good kids up there, The D-line should be OK with Wilcher,Harris and Casey Dunn returning. Thrower should be the starter at QB, but you never know. Cody Robinson should develop into a monster, he's got the bloodline(his dad is Ray Robinson who played at UT on the mid '80s) but his work ethic is what will put him over the top, this kid is relentless. Taylor Bain, Jay Hutchins, and Shelton Brewer are some of the people to look out for.

Heard a rumour that Jeff Watson will be returning to coach the middle school, but you know how rumours are in WC. Bill Harris is one of the finest men I know and what happened to him at the middle school is a shame. The only coach I hear that might be coming back to WCMS is Devin Rackley. There is some really good talent coming up thru the youth leagues that will be at the middle school if the little blond that coaches boys basketball will let play and not threaten their place on the basketball team. (I KNOW IT HAPPENS). But nothing will be done about because she is the high school AD's sister-in-law.

As for the high school their are some really good kids up there, The D-line should be OK with Wilcher,Harris and Casey Dunn returning. Thrower should be the starter at QB, but you never know. Cody Robinson should develop into a monster, he's got the bloodline(his dad is Ray Robinson who played at UT on the mid '80s) but his work ethic is what will put him over the top, this kid is relentless. Taylor Bain, Jay Hutchins, and Shelton Brewer are some of the people to look out for.

"You ain't kiddin" about the football / basketball issue. I've lived in McMinnville for 10 years now, coaching youth football several of them. It's amazing how many kids miss football practice to go to B-Ball practice. A few BB coaches I've talked to seem to not care at all about football. (I hope I'm wrong but....) We've even asked some of them to give us their practice schedule and we'd set our practice around it. One of them did. I guess I just can't get used to the lack of cooperation around here.

I think once the HS team gains a little more self confidence, they're gonna be just fine. The boys are getting "football eyes" now. (Think Mike Singletary) I think they're past "playing not to lose" and are now "playing to win."

If Cody Robinson is anywhere close to his dad, he'll be a ball player. I was a freshman at Smith Co. Ray's senior year. Ray was a heck of a player. His hit on our freshman free safety that night is always one of our topics during our get togethers at SC. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE A PIONEER HOME PLAYOFF GAME NEXT YEAR!!!!

Your right about the rumors. I heard Watson didn't want to coach @ the middle school. It doesn't look like they are in a big hurry to find one. These basketball and baseball coaches will tell you that they want the kids to play different sports, but they tell the kids something different. The AD got an award the other day, how did that happen? How many family members does he have coaching?

Cody Robinson will be one of the best lineman to come out of this county in a long time and will probably play for the Vols (like his dad) as well. His motor is non-stop and his committment to be a team player and leader is very special for a 15 year old. I think we all agree that the D-Line and running backs will be solid. What about D.B.'s and Linebackers? Also, I see some of the post mention Thrower "should" be the starting QB and one post said "you never know". What's that about? Who would be a better QB? Anyone know how he is doing since his surgery? I know Mullican and Daniels are graduating and haven't seen anyone else play the position.

the boys basketball coach coach smith was a three sport athelete in hight school and he encourages his players to play more than one sport.