Warren Co. Season

Nitro14

19 I believe.

Thanks Phoenix! That's going to hurt. Maybe they will work even harder in the off season finding out who is willing to step up and take the spots. The O-Line especially. That Qualls boy seemed to be a great leader and hard worker. Some say the team as a whole will be O.K. and maybe a little better. Anyone got any idea about the schedule?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Phoenix! That's going to hurt. Maybe they will work even harder in the off season finding out who is willing to step up and take the spots. The O-Line especially. That Qualls boy seemed to be a great leader and hard worker. Some say the team as a whole will be O.K. and maybe a little better. Anyone got any idea about the schedule?

I would say that the schedule will be about the same. They mostly have Two year agreements with teams I think that we will still play Dekalb Co. Tullahoma White Co., Ensworth I am not sure of and of course our region opponents.

I would say that the schedule will be about the same. They mostly have Two year agreements with teams I think that we will still play Dekalb Co. Tullahoma White Co., Ensworth I am not sure of and of course our region opponents.

Yeah, Ensworth was a nice addition to the schedule. I guess it's just nice to schedule teams that you've not played before and maybe start a new rivarly.

Phoenix, I enjoy your posts alot and you answer several of my questions. Here's another one for you. All youth leagues seem to have tons of kids playing. The youth Baseball, Jaycee Basketball, Soccer and Football (starting to come around too since the Traveling Titans and Pioneer Youth joined) and it's amazing at the number of kids playing and I see so much talent out there. Why is it that the teams at the High School cannot win the region every so often and maybe go deep into state playoffs etc.?

I will bring this back to the Warren Co. Thread since this is what we are talking about.

One, I think that the youth football program right now is the best run program in Warren Co. the once very strong JC basketball and WCYB have fallen to the wayside. That is why the McMinnville parks and recreation will take over Youth baseball next year and start their own basketball league in the future. I don't know about football yet. I also think that it is lack of interest for some of the kids. I know that this is not with all parents but with some they will use the youth league as a babysitting service for a couple hours a week, (Like I said that is not with all.) and when they get to the middle school and high school level they didn't really like sports to begin with that is why we have a lot of numbers. Which is a lack of support from home which every child needs not just one who plays sports? Also, when they get into high school there are so many different things to get into their heads some get burned out by negativity due to other students telling they stink, and others all they want is a vehicle, and most of them feel if they get a car then they have to get a job to pay for the gas insurance etc.. There are a number of different things that discourage kids to play sports I just don't know if I have all the answers.

I will bring this back to the Warren Co. Thread since this is what we are talking about.

One, I think that the youth football program right now is the best run program in Warren Co. the once very strong JC basketball and WCYB have fallen to the wayside. That is why the McMinnville parks and recreation will take over Youth baseball next year and start their own basketball league in the future. I don't know about football yet. I also think that it is lack of interest for some of the kids. I know that this is not with all parents but with some they will use the youth league as a babysitting service for a couple hours a week, (Like I said that is not with all.) and when they get to the middle school and high school level they didn't really like sports to begin with that is why we have a lot of numbers. Which is a lack of support from home which every child needs not just one who plays sports? Also, when they get into high school there are so many different things to get into their heads some get burned out by negativity due to other students telling they stink, and others all they want is a vehicle, and most of them feel if they get a car then they have to get a job to pay for the gas insurance etc.. There are a number of different things that discourage kids to play sports I just don't know if I have all the answers.

I think you hit the nail on the head about some parents. Also, it seems like alot of kids don't have a clue about hard work and dedication anymore. I see it at work also, the younger employees just don't get it. They act like they are doing me a favor by coming to work instead of me doing them a favor by hiring them and giving them a J.O.B. and a chance at a good career. Anyway back to sports, I think all these losing years takes a toll and kids decide that it isn't worth it to put all the time in and still lose. You still see some kids that are exceptions, but not enough of them to make a difference. I think it's a combination of broken homes, negative comments by other students and yes cars and money.

I think you hit the nail on the head about some parents. Also, it seems like alot of kids don't have a clue about hard work and dedication anymore. I see it at work also, the younger employees just don't get it. They act like they are doing me a favor by coming to work instead of me doing them a favor by hiring them and giving them a J.O.B. and a chance at a good career. Anyway back to sports, I think all these losing years takes a toll and kids decide that it isn't worth it to put all the time in and still lose. You still see some kids that are exceptions, but not enough of them to make a difference. I think it's a combination of broken homes, negative comments by other students and yes cars and money.

I agree whole heartedly.

I too agree that the youth football program is coming along well. Pat Moran and Bucky Hobbs are doing a great job running that league. They are trying to put lights on the field at Bobby Ray School where they play at. There were probably 300 kids that played youth football this year, so that can only help things in the future. The coaching situation at the middle school needs to be handled better. They were stupid for letting Harris go, there was hardly any support from the school administration for the program. The biggest thing I see is lack of motivation on so many kids parts, too much Playstation and not enough real play. Yes, Warren Co is turning the corner but there is a lot of hard work that needs to be done. On a closing note, congrats to all of our state champs this year and for everybody else just remember now everybody is 0-0 once again.

I too agree that the youth football program is coming along well. Pat Moran and Bucky Hobbs are doing a great job running that league. They are trying to put lights on the field at Bobby Ray School where they play at. There were probably 300 kids that played youth football this year, so that can only help things in the future. The coaching situation at the middle school needs to be handled better. They were stupid for letting Harris go, there was hardly any support from the school administration for the program. The biggest thing I see is lack of motivation on so many kids parts, too much Playstation and not enough real play. Yes, Warren Co is turning the corner but there is a lot of hard work that needs to be done. On a closing note, congrats to all of our state champs this year and for everybody else just remember now everybody is 0-0 once again.

The youth football league has been a work in progress for a while now. Brad Cantrell actually started it back around 96 or 97 due to having a few traveling teams at different age groups and thought we needed a local league for kids who couldn't travel etc.. He stepped down several years later and Ray Robinson took over and then Bob Burch and so on. I'm glad to see everyone has really kept it going. It is the building block for the high school. This middle school problem has a lot of people worried. We must find someone to keep improving our total football program. Does anyone know of anybody interested or of any plans on getting a coach? I just don't understand why they are dragging thier feet on this crucial position.

The youth football league has been a work in progress for a while now. Brad Cantrell actually started it back around 96 or 97 due to having a few traveling teams at different age groups and thought we needed a local league for kids who couldn't travel etc.. He stepped down several years later and Ray Robinson took over and then Bob Burch and so on. I'm glad to see everyone has really kept it going. It is the building block for the high school. This middle school problem has a lot of people worried. We must find someone to keep improving our total football program. Does anyone know of anybody interested or of any plans on getting a coach? I just don't understand why they are dragging thier feet on this crucial position.

97 is right. I haven't heard anything about the middle school coach either, it is kind of puzzling.

97 is right. I haven't heard anything about the middle school coach either, it is kind of puzzling.

Who's call is it to hire one? WCMS principal or WCMS AD? Does the WCHS head coach have a say in it? I don't know if Watson wants it or not. I've heard both ways. I know some of the assistants won't be returning, so I think somebody needs to light a fire under someones butt and get a staff ready to start talking to some boys and get a game plan together. Spring is right around the corner!

I think the WCHS Banquet is this Saturday night. I hope the seniors are really recognized for what they have been through and accomplished. For this years Juniors & Sophomores, they need to man up and take the reigns and keep driving this train towards success! This years Freshmen need go up to the varsity level with the same mind set they have had for the last two years. They seem to be a great group, but this is varsity and there is a big difference in ages now. Come on Pioneers, you guys have our support and we want nothing but the best for you! Show the region and the state for that matter that WC is back! I'm ready to go, when's the first scrimmage?