Warren Co. Season

Nitro14

Dunlap would be a good hire for the Pioneers

I heard Dunlap applied for the head coach of the middle school also. Also found out that it is the middle school AD's call who gets hired and he said he wasn't in any hurry. How long should a middle school go without a coach? Shouldn't they already be planning & conditioning etc.?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Dunlap was approached for the job, not that he applied for it.

It may be a good fit for him and help him prove he is a quality coach and be considered for a high school position with the Pioneers down the road. Not to mention it would bring him back home. I've heard good things about him and he should like the talent that's coming up through the youth league.

Dunlap would be a great coach for your program. However I do not see Dunlap taking the job middle school. Dunlap has what it takes to become a good head coach at the high school level, he just needs a little more experience under his belt. Plus the people in Sunbright want to see this young man stay around. He will probably be the next head coach in Sunbright. If he decides to return to his home town, you will have a great coach. Be ready for him to leave after only a few years for that head coaching position. Best of luck in your search, and personally I hope Dunlap stays in Sunbright for a really long time!!!

I didn`t know they had much talent coming up. They graduated 20 seniors this year and next few years wins will be few. I heard the freshmen group had some skill players but only a few lineman. They had a good freshmen year but they beat the weak teams and got pounded by the quality teams. Why would any coach want to come in and have to put up the BS that goes on there. When the school board and principle tell the head coach what to do that spells the end for any coach and program.

I didn`t know they had much talent coming up. They graduated 20 seniors this year and next few years wins will be few. I heard the freshmen group had some skill players but only a few lineman. They had a good freshmen year but they beat the weak teams and got pounded by the quality teams. Why would any coach want to come in and have to put up the BS that goes on there. When the school board and principle tell the head coach what to do that spells the end for any coach and program.

IMO, this year's seniors Kyrie Harris, Morgan Wilcher, Jesse Boyd, Casey Dunn and the Delane boy just to name a few are talented as well as juniors Mark Harvey, Jay Hutchings, Taylor Bain and several others. The freshmen class didn't get pounded by anyone except Siegel in the Lion's Bowl and were without Cody Robinson (O/D lineman), Michael Thrower (QB/CB) and Tyler Glenn (reciever/safety). Rob Parsley (LB), Tylan Martin (reciever) and Landy Curtis (TE) were out several games as well. They beat Riverdale 47-20, Soddy Daisy 28-20, Coffee Co. 33-8 and Shelbyville 49-12. Don't see any weak teams there! Lost by 10 to Cookeville and 14 to Blackman. I will have to agree with you though on some of the BS.