Warren Co. Season

Nitro14

Elect 3 new ones this year and 3 new ones next election!!!!!!!!

Change for the sake of change is not always the answer. A candidate I thought would do a good job and who was a huge advocate for athletics in this county and actually talked about changing athletics (administrators and coaches), finished 3rd out of 3 in the last election. Many people care about sports but it does not translate to votes. The voting public cares about test scores not sports scores. It takes a balance of both to make well rounded citizens.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95, you are right about some of the linemenbeing lazy, but let tell you a story one of my good friends, (I won't mention his name but he is one of the directors of the youth program.) anyway his oldest son was an eighth grader on this years ms team, not a real aggressive kid but 6ft and 220 and just starting to come out of his shell, one day in practice the line coach told the 13 yr old kid "I don't need you", so the kid quit, after 3yrs of getting his brains beat in by older kids. he says he doesn't ever play football again, now this kid has a younger brother who is A STUD in the youth leagues, but he will tell you he won't play for WC because of what happened to his older brother. This man has worked his butt off for the betterment of WC Football for the last 7-8 years and it kills him that a jack*** ruined a 13 year old from playing a sport he loved. He came close to resigning from the youth program this winter but some have talked him into giving it some more time. So whomever the middle school gets as their new coach, get some quality assistants that can deal with 13-14 year old KIDS. These are not adults that are playing at that level.

Hey WCPIONEERS77, i don't know who you are but let me speak about this subject. First off these are my two kids you are talking about. yes i was upset about the oldest quitting the football team, but not for what you think. what i was upset was he thought that just because he had been around the program for 3 years he should be a starter. i have always beleived you EARN your positions on the field and they should not be given because of who you or your parents are. as for my "STUD" in the youth leagues, he's 8 years old he don't know from one day to the next who he wants to play for unless it's UT then the Titans. I appreciate you taking up for my boys but the coach in question is a good guy, actually he's a cousin of mine and i have no hard feelings toward him. i found about all this when a friend of mine called and said "they are talking about you on coach T". after reading this forum it's obvious a lot of people have opinions about pioneer sports. if anybody wants to help we are needing volunteers in the youth football program. so all you people bad mouthing the coaches and administration come help put up lights on the field or help with the yard sale on May 17. Warren County Football is getting better but you can't go from 0-39 to state champs overnight.

thanks,

bh

Hey WCPIONEERS77, i don't know who you are but let me speak about this subject. First off these are my two kids you are talking about. yes i was upset about the oldest quitting the football team, but not for what you think. what i was upset was he thought that just because he had been around the program for 3 years he should be a starter. i have always beleived you EARN your positions on the field and they should not be given because of who you or your parents are. as for my "STUD" in the youth leagues, he's 8 years old he don't know from one day to the next who he wants to play for unless it's UT then the Titans. I appreciate you taking up for my boys but the coach in question is a good guy, actually he's a cousin of mine and i have no hard feelings toward him. i found about all this when a friend of mine called and said "they are talking about you on coach T". after reading this forum it's obvious a lot of people have opinions about pioneer sports. if anybody wants to help we are needing volunteers in the youth football program. so all you people bad mouthing the coaches and administration come help put up lights on the field or help with the yard sale on May 17. Warren County Football is getting better but you can't go from 0-39 to state champs overnight.

thanks,

bh

At a boy! Welcome to the "T"! Getting people to help is like pulling teeth around here. There are some that are great, but we need alot more. Me and Ray were talking about that Saturday, can you imagine what we could accomplish if everyone would help?

Since my name was mentioned earlier, I thought that I would throw in with a couple of comments. Coaching anywhere is tough enough these days. I have seen a very dramatic shift in the last 15 years in the kids now verses the ones that I coached years ago. A lot of work goes into everything. Not just the practices and the games but taking care of the field (mowing, fertilizing, topping with sand, plugging, lining, etc. etc.) as well as all the administrative functions and doing so without any money from the School System. Which means having to deal with the Booster Club for funding. This leaves a coach at the mercy of local politics. When a coach does not cater to the political influence, then you are doomed. Just look at what happened to Coach Paz in his last year when his team went undefeated and they walked into the locker room after the last game of the season and fired him. For myself, I had originally intended to just coach at the High School for 2 or 3 years and then move on. I should have stayed with that plan but stayed longer because I wanted to see this last class through their Senior year. That was a mistake on my part and I should have done what I originally planned. I stayed two years too long and they were a living nightmare. With most of that occurring because I got on the bad side of one set of parents who are very politically connected with the School System. Not complaining and not whining because for the most part my relationship with the most of the parents and kids was good. It was tough walking away failing because every other team over the years that I have coached had been successful. Including two other school teams that had winning records when I coached them, 6 trips to the State championships with 5 championships under our belts, and offers to coach at the next level. I wish nothing but the best for the folks and kids at Warren County. The situation though is one that is heart breaking and hopefully can be turned around in the future. My opinion for what it is worth is that the problem with all the team sports at WCHS is with the system and not isolated to coaching. Good luck!

At a boy! Welcome to the "T"! Getting people to help is like pulling teeth around here. There are some that are great, but we need alot more. Me and Ray were talking about that Saturday, can you imagine what we could accomplish if everyone would help?

nitro you hit the "nail on the head" i get tired of all this people talking about the changes but nobody is at the booster club meetings or at all these fundraisers, lining the field or having there kids at these events. how many seniors were there sat? juniors? soph? fresh? that will show who's committed because usally the same ones are the ones that volunteers or has there kids there. (unless theres something free being give out) but you have everybody complaining about what needs to be done. everybody come to a meeting,vote, but if you don't do either don't complain.

nitro you hit the "nail on the head" i get tired of all this people talking about the changes but nobody is at the booster club meetings or at all these fundraisers, lining the field or having there kids at these events. how many seniors were there sat? juniors? soph? fresh? that will show who's committed because usally the same ones are the ones that volunteers or has there kids there. (unless theres something free being give out) but you have everybody complaining about what needs to be done. everybody come to a meeting,vote, but if you don't do either don't complain.

Speaking of changes. New offense! Split Backs/Spread! I applaud the coaches for going to this new offense. The different plays you can run is unlimited and should keep defenses off balance and honest. Freshmen Car Wash is Saturday @ the Shell station across the street from Dairy Queen.

Since my name was mentioned earlier, I thought that I would throw in with a couple of comments. Coaching anywhere is tough enough these days. I have seen a very dramatic shift in the last 15 years in the kids now verses the ones that I coached years ago. A lot of work goes into everything. Not just the practices and the games but taking care of the field (mowing, fertilizing, topping with sand, plugging, lining, etc. etc.) as well as all the administrative functions and doing so without any money from the School System. Which means having to deal with the Booster Club for funding. This leaves a coach at the mercy of local politics. When a coach does not cater to the political influence, then you are doomed. Just look at what happened to Coach Paz in his last year when his team went undefeated and they walked into the locker room after the last game of the season and fired him. For myself, I had originally intended to just coach at the High School for 2 or 3 years and then move on. I should have stayed with that plan but stayed longer because I wanted to see this last class through their Senior year. That was a mistake on my part and I should have done what I originally planned. I stayed two years too long and they were a living nightmare. With most of that occurring because I got on the bad side of one set of parents who are very politically connected with the School System. Not complaining and not whining because for the most part my relationship with the most of the parents and kids was good. It was tough walking away failing because every other team over the years that I have coached had been successful. Including two other school teams that had winning records when I coached them, 6 trips to the State championships with 5 championships under our belts, and offers to coach at the next level. I wish nothing but the best for the folks and kids at Warren County. The situation though is one that is heart breaking and hopefully can be turned around in the future. My opinion for what it is worth is that the problem with all the team sports at WCHS is with the system and not isolated to coaching. Good luck!

Thanks for your post & insight Whitey! I find it very interesting that "Politics" and "System" keeps popping up with all WC sports. The more I become involved the more I see exactly what you are saying in your post.

One of the best posts I have read in quite some time, Thanks "Whitey" !!