Warren Co. Season

Nitro14

Nitro, you heading up to Baxter for the middle school jamboree? I hope we have a good turnout for it. The kids are working hard and deserve the support.

Yes, I plan to! I've been hearing good things about them and want to take a look before the season starts. What time will they get started?

Leaving work around 3:00 today to drive up to the "Boro" to watch the Pioneers play Oakland.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the Pioneers look in the scrimmage at Oakland yesterday? I've been too busy putting equipment on youth league kids to check them out. I do hope to check them out Friday against Moore County. What time does it start?

i believe the scrimmage with moor county starts at 5:30 on friday.....the middle school is traveling to woodbury today for a scrimmage at 6:30.

How did the high school and middle school games turn out?

Didn't get there til around 7 so i missed most of it. but what i gathered from talking with the coaches and players is that we looked sharpe....offense moved the ball well and the D really showed up....i think this was a huge day for this squad following a less than steller performance earlier in the week. this may be the turning point for these kids to flip the switch and make this one heck of a season.........

.............dont forget the middle school squad is playing in a jamboree this evening at upperman high school. they'll be going up against Gordonsville, Dekalb, Macon Co, and Cornerstone. they'll start around 2:30

The middle school had a good Saturday. The jamboree did what it was intended to do. It gave the kids a feel of a real game with a large crowd on hand to watch. WCMS played some good teams that should benefit the kids greatly. They opened up with a very good Gordonsville squad and the WCMS defense held them scoreless. The "O" started moving the ball pretty good as time ran out. If the dirty uniforms are any indication, it looks like all the kids got some significant playing time. I also heard some good comments from other schools about the number of fans that WCMS had in attendance.

The middle school had a good Saturday. The jamboree did what it was intended to do. It gave the kids a feel of a real game with a large crowd on hand to watch. WCMS played some good teams that should benefit the kids greatly. They opened up with a very good Gordonsville squad and the WCMS defense held them scoreless. The "O" started moving the ball pretty good as time ran out. If the dirty uniforms are any indication, it looks like all the kids got some significant playing time. I also heard some good comments from other schools about the number of fans that WCMS had in attendance.

If anyone has access to a roster for the 2008 season, it would be greatly appreciated if someone would post it on the Warren County home page, and if possible include Ht and Weight plus position and year. Maybe someone could get a coach on the staff to post it. Thanks !! Go PIONEERS !!

I hope we have an even bigger crowd than last year at the tailgate party Saturday night. I can't wait till the season starts only 9 days away!!!!!

What about it Phoenix? I hope all is well! The word when I bought my tailgate space is that over 5,000 are expected.We are going to chow down on some Jambalaya, hot wings, ribs and burgers. I think it's a great idea and gets the season started off right. Thanks to all involved!