Marshall County vs. Lipscomb

dlhs3551

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone beside me looking for this to be a much better contest than the regular season game?

I do look for it to be a better game. All players that were out for MC in the first game have returned except for one. The ones that are back are still a little bruised up and will have to step up and make some plays, especially since they are all seniors.

I am a diehard MC fan, always have been and always will and I think that MC has the team to beat Lipscomb, there are a lot of things that will have to happen for that to happen. If Lipscomb wins -- I will guarantee you that it won't be by 35 points or more -- Take that to the bank

I say MC by a TD ................ Bring your A-Game that is what it will take to win this game

ps -- Whats the chance of DL renting some bleachers for a crowd like the one that will be in Nashville again this week. I was there at 6:15 PM in week 9 and all 25 seats on the visiting side were taken /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't expect the mercy rule to come into play this time. However, I don't see MC having enough defense to slow DL down either. If Marshall Co. uses Hightower more on offense, they have a chance at playing keep away. I think that is what you have to do with David Lipscomb. Run the ball right at them. Their defensive line is not huge and neither are their LBs. However, the D-line and LBs run well. Pounding the ball at them for 3yds and a cloud of dust also keeps the Mustang offense off the field, which is the best way to defend Jeremy Holt and the boys.

I think a team later on in the playoffs (Dyer Co. or Dyersburg or Catholic) will be able to execute this strategy to put the Mustangs to the test. I am just not sure if the Tigers have enough players to execute this type of gameplan.

Hightower must be a beast that night and Cavella must be able to contribute.....and the Tigers must play error-free ball.

DL must suffer a meltdown like they did against Goodpasture late in the game.

If these things happen......MC can win.....otherwise DL moves onto the next round.

I agree bulldog..You seen it last week O'neals first game back the defense was alot more comortable knowing that he was there he had two forced fumbles i think....and Hightower still isnt 100% he's maybe about 80% but i agree if these two players arent at there best MC has no chance also GIVE HIGHTOWER THE BALL...also Joe Gentry senior ILB well have to play hard as well

I agree bulldog..You seen it last week O'neals first game back the defense was alot more comortable knowing that he was there he had two forced fumbles i think....and Hightower still isnt 100% he's maybe about 80% but i agree if these two players arent at there best MC has no chance also GIVE HIGHTOWER THE BALL...also Joe Gentry senior ILB well have to play hard as well

What is Trevor Walker's status? Also, is Greer back from the collarbone injury? Seems like he should be getting cleared soon.