Marshall County vs. Lipscomb

dlhs3551

I don't expect the mercy rule to come into play this time. However, I don't see MC having enough defense to slow DL down either. If Marshall Co. uses Hightower more on offense, they have a chance at playing keep away. I think that is what you have to do with David Lipscomb. Run the ball right at them. Their defensive line is not huge and neither are their LBs. However, the D-line and LBs run well. Pounding the ball at them for 3yds and a cloud of dust also keeps the Mustang offense off the field, which is the best way to defend Jeremy Holt and the boys.

I think a team later on in the playoffs (Dyer Co. or Dyersburg or Catholic) will be able to execute this strategy to put the Mustangs to the test. I am just not sure if the Tigers have enough players to execute this type of gameplan.

Lipscomb linebacker trio sparks defense to No. 2 state ranking

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Marshall Co coach is smart, he'll run Hightower till he pukes. Out of every formation they have. Lipscomb can be run on and run at. MC's only chance is get the ball, drive it, score and get a fumble or two (Lipscomb will fumble it on occasion too). IF MC can get a lead, Lipscomb might panic alittle and turn it over. Otherwise, it will be a another game like the reg season game.

If Marshall Co coach is smart, he'll run Hightower till he pukes. Out of every formation they have. Lipscomb can be run on and run at. MC's only chance is get the ball, drive it, score and get a fumble or two (Lipscomb will fumble it on occasion too). IF MC can get a lead, Lipscomb might panic alittle and turn it over. Otherwise, it will be a another game like the reg season game.

They can run Hightower all they want. If they don't score more than 35 points Lipscomb wins.

Period.

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes featuring the game with the Mustangs and the Marshall County Tigers will soon be posted on The Mustangfanpage.com See Rosters, Depth Charts, scouting reports and many other features. The will be carried live over WAMB/WKDA AM 900 and 1200 and live over the internet at the Mustangfanpage. There should also be 2 Lewisburg radio stations carrying the game live as well.

The Mustangfanpage, Where Everyday is Game Day!

They can run Hightower all they want. If they don't score more than 35 points Lipscomb wins.

Period.

They'll never score 35 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know that everyone has this hatred for David Lipscomb but you have got to give them their due respect because all they do is win year in and year out. This year was the year to get them if anyone was to do so but they are still DL regardless of what anyone wants to believe.

David Lipscomb: 42

Marshall Co.: 7

The Tigers are a team that can be run on too if I recall correctly. Giles Co. pounded the football down their throats two weeks ago. Last week the Tigers stepped up their play and won at JSS against a running team but now they have to do it again vs a team that is much better than South Side.

I want to be the first to say congrats to the Marshall County Tigers on A GREAT SEASON!!!! Coach Thomas has gotten the most out of those kids down there and they've bounced back from the last two years. Marshall Co. Football is BACK ON THE MAP!!!!!

Region 5-3A as a whole is now IMO the best region in Class 3A!!!!! Look at these numbers since these regions were formed prior to the 2005 season.

Region 1: Carter is the lone playoff team to win a postseason game

Region 2: Livingston Academy, Fulton, Catholic, AE, & Anderson have all 5 won playoff games

Region 3: Notre Dame is the lone team to win a playoff game

Region 4: Sycamore, Pearl Cohn, Station Camp, Greenbrier, & White House have all 5 won playoff games

Region 5: David Lipscomb, Cheatham Co., Giles Co., Creek Wood, Spring Hill, & Marshall Co. have all 6 won playoff games

Region 6: Jackson South Side, Fayette Ware, Bolivar Central, & Lexington have all 4 won playoff games

Region 7: Dyer Co., Crockett Co., Dyersburg, Haywood, & Covington have all 5 won playoff games

Region 8: Sheffield & Mitchell have both won playoff games

FOR A SINGLE REGION TO HAVE 6 TEAMS WIN PLAYOFF GAMES IN 3 YEARS IS PRETTY AMAZING!!!! IT IS EVEN MORE AMAZING WHEN THAT REGION IS PLAYING THE MOST COMPETITIVE REGION OPPOSITE OF THEM IN THE FIRST THREE ROUNDS (Regions 5 vs 6).

Region 2 will always whipe away Region 1

Region 4 will always whipe away Region 3

Region 7 for the most part will always own Region 8

Next year I also really like Region 5 to have a seventh team win a playoff game as well because Page is going to be pretty darn good if they improve on the way that they finished out the season.

Just think that 2 of those 3 are back next year. In fact David Lipscomb will be very good next year. I heard that this was supposed to be the "down year" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> for the football team at DL.

Next year the Mustangs return the following players:

Caleb Simpson

Kyle Lehning

Zach Rogers

Harrison Daniel

Ben Brewer

Evan Webb

Michael Saggio

Andrew Quinn

Dallon Hudson

THEY'LL EASILY BE THE FAVORITES IN THE PRESEASON TO WIN IT ALL & IF THIS POSTSEASON GOES AS I NOW HOPE IT DOES FOR THEM THEN IT WILL BE A POTENTIAL BACK-TO-BACK SEASON FOR THE MUSTANGS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach Mac & Co. will have to find a way to fill the void of losing those two tackles of Hunt & Cannon off of the line and they'll also have to replace Holt & Moneypenny in the backfield. Outside of that though they'll be as good, IF NOT BETTER, in every other phase of the game next year.

Lipscomb will win by at least 21. But I don't see them winning it all. They will fall in the semi's if they make it that far. As far as MC well there not bad but they are way over rated as usual. But if you ask someone in MC they would tell you that MC should have won ten state crowns by now. Go anyone but Fulton (they have no class)!!!

The Lipscomb defense is always one of the best in points allowed.

The numbers are a little misleading this year with the region being as bad as it has been, but DL does have a good defense.

However, I think they could be pushed around by a big, physical running game...even more so than last year's D. which got pushed around by a very physical Fulton team in the championship game.

They'll never score 35 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know that everyone has this hatred for David Lipscomb but you have got to give them their due respect because all they do is win year in and year out. This year was the year to get them if anyone was to do so but they are still DL regardless of what anyone wants to believe.

David Lipscomb: 42

Marshall Co.: 7

The Tigers are a team that can be run on too if I recall correctly. Giles Co. pounded the football down their throats two weeks ago. Last week the Tigers stepped up their play and won at JSS against a running team but now they have to do it again vs a team that is much better than South Side.

I want to be the first to say congrats to the Marshall County Tigers on A GREAT SEASON!!!! Coach Thomas has gotten the most out of those kids down there and they've bounced back from the last two years. Marshall Co. Football is BACK ON THE MAP!!!!!

Region 5-3A as a whole is now IMO the best region in Class 3A!!!!! Look at these numbers since these regions were formed prior to the 2005 season.

Region 1: Carter is the lone playoff team to win a postseason game

Region 2: Livingston Academy, Fulton, Catholic, AE, & Anderson have all 5 won playoff games

Region 3: Notre Dame is the lone team to win a playoff game

Region 4: Sycamore, Pearl Cohn, Station Camp, Greenbrier, & White House have all 5 won playoff games

Region 5: David Lipscomb, Cheatham Co., Giles Co., Creek Wood, Spring Hill, & Marshall Co. have all 6 won playoff games

Region 6: Jackson South Side, Fayette Ware, Bolivar Central, & Lexington have all 4 won playoff games

Region 7: Dyer Co., Crockett Co., Dyersburg, Haywood, & Covington have all 5 won playoff games

Region 8: Sheffield & Mitchell have both won playoff games

FOR A SINGLE REGION TO HAVE 6 TEAMS WIN PLAYOFF GAMES IN 3 YEARS IS PRETTY AMAZING!!!! IT IS EVEN MORE AMAZING WHEN THAT REGION IS PLAYING THE MOST COMPETITIVE REGION OPPOSITE OF THEM IN THE FIRST THREE ROUNDS (Regions 5 vs 6).

Region 2 will always whipe away Region 1

Region 4 will always whipe away Region 3

Region 7 for the most part will always own Region 8

Next year I also really like Region 5 to have a seventh team win a playoff game as well because Page is going to be pretty darn good if they improve on the way that they finished out the season.

You knw whats funny lol yesterday in hightowers press conference he said his numner one goal was to put MC back on the map and i think he as well as the tiger football team has done just that this year

You knw whats funny lol yesterday in hightowers press conference he said his numner one goal was to put MC back on the map and i think he as well as the tiger football team has done just that this year

With much respect to Hightower, The Bama signee will not be a factor in this one cuz he cant do it by himself!!!!!!

Dl rolls!!!!

Dl 42

MC7