York Beats Cookeville

buffalofan2005

York, without 2 starters (still playing football) out beat Cookeville 38-32 at York. The best part was Cookeville held the ball for over two minutes before the half with the game tied 17-17 and then couldn't score. I bet they wish they had those two minutes back! Coach Wright is off to a great start a York...Cookeville's coaching was just awful.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Buddy" ...just a little touchy aren't you? York also had starters out because unlike Cookeville, they did win their first football playoff game, so I guess we could say the same thing...Cookeville was basically playing the York JV team and York still won. The best part remains that strange holding of the ball with over 2 minutes in the half. Cookeville was a huge favorite, yet held the ball wasting all those scoring opportunities. Also, why didn't the coach utilize their other big player? He looked like their best player but he sat on the bench most of the game.

"Buddy" ...just a little touchy aren't you? York also had starters out because unlike Cookeville, they did win their first football playoff game, so I guess we could say the same thing...Cookeville was basically playing the York JV team and York still won. The best part remains that strange holding of the ball with over 2 minutes in the half. Cookeville was a huge favorite, yet held the ball wasting all those scoring opportunities. Also, why didn't the coach utilize their other big player? He looked like their best player but he sat on the bench most of the game.

Sounds a little like Coach Bray (cookeville) might have been working on some things such as ball control, controlling tempo, possibly other little things with boys who are competing for a little playing time. With supposedly 4 starters out, you tend to sometimes implement a game plan that suits what you need to see, and wasn't it a HOF game, if so, some(if not most) don't count those toward overall record... Just a thought!

I don't think you wanna start talking football. York plays noone therefor they are noone. You can't evem compare 5A teams with 2A. Cookevilles freshmen could beat York in football. As for the basketball game, Cookeville was in foul trouble and thats why they didn't Play the other big man most the game. Cookeville also had some players play that will never see the floor again untill their senior season on senior night. Do you really believe what you are saying on your posts? Think before typing.

Starters out or not for both teams, the game still has to be played. It wasn't the prettiest game by either team, but York played hard. They've been coached to do that for years. They held a team to 32 points. Opinions will vary on whether it was the York defense or the lack of Cookeville's scoring threats being present. What I do know is the boys will have to score more than 38 points to win the majority of their games. Even the 2 missing starters aren't going to make that big a difference.

..... wasn't it a HOF game, if so, some(if not most) don't count those toward overall record... Just a thought!

Hall of Fame or not ... If you play the game, count it. Most (if not all) would certainly count the Win. If you lose, count it, and get ready for the next game......Just a thought!

I don't think you wanna start talking football. York plays noone therefor they are noone. You can't evem compare 5A teams with 2A. Cookevilles freshmen could beat York in football. As for the basketball game, Cookeville was in foul trouble and thats why they didn't Play the other big man most the game. Cookeville also had some players play that will never see the floor again untill their senior season on senior night. Do you really believe what you are saying on your posts? Think before typing.

So you are saying any 5A team would beat any 2A team? I'm pretty sure York would rather be playing Cookeville Friday night instead of Smith County(either of which would beat Cookeville like a drum)!

It's no one, not noone. Go to school and learn how to spell before putting someone down. Does that make you feel good putting others below the mighty cavaliers? I'd like to see your boys play in region 2-3A, and tell me what you think playing Catholic, Fulton, Austin-East being lowly 3-A.

Congratulations York on the win...They are going to get beat some more by little ole AA schools in basketball this year.

BTW, you might be the one who thinks before he post. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It's no one, not noone. Go to school and learn how to spell before putting someone down. Does that make you feel good putting others below the mighty cavaliers? I'd like to see your boys play in region 2-3A, and tell me what you think playing Catholic, Fulton, Austin-East being lowly 3-A.

Congratulations York on the win...They are going to get beat some more by little ole AA schools in basketball this year.

BTW, you might be the one who thinks before he post. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Haha yeah just cause your Wildcats can't beat them (or score on them) doesn't mean anyone else can't. Cookeville would be glad to play one of those teams. And as for playing Smith Co.? Are you serious? Come on York I think we have played a little better competition than Smith Co.. . Our freshmen team has seen better teams than the Owls.