MR. FOOTBALL FINALISTS

Big Country

How the heck does a linebacker/ split end get a nomination for 1A lineman? I don't know but I'll take it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time in history that a JB player has even been nominated. CONGRATS AARON!

Chris Earheart was nominated back in 1993-1994 which was the same season Chico Gardner from Springfield won it in 3A.

I believe Urban Garret won it in 1A instead of Chris, anybody correct me if I am wrong.....

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really..... I can't believe that... I figured a small school like MTP where everyone knows everyone.... I would have figured they would just give the grades to the kid.... You do not have to have that great of a gpa and act to get into APSU, UTM, TSU, if I were them, I would be all after him. THe only positve thing about not getting to play a the next level is that Dailey will realize more so than others, each game may be his last.

I believe APSU would be an excellent fit for Marco; he is smilar to Terrence Holt from Maplewood and he has fit in really nicely in the system they got going w/ the new coach. APSU is on the way up and Marco would make a great addition to that team IMHO.....

I believe APSU would be an excellent fit for Marco; he is smilar to Terrence Holt from Maplewood and he has fit in really nicely in the system they got going w/ the new coach. APSU is on the way up and Marco would make a great addition to that team IMHO.....

I hope he decides to do something--I know that he really doesn't want to get too far from home. He really seems to be a nice-down home kind of kid

Chris Earheart was nominated back in 1993-1994 which was the same season Chico Gardner from Springfield won it in 3A.

I believe Urban Garret won it in 1A instead of Chris, anybody correct me if I am wrong.....

You're probably right. I played with him so I should remember but I don't. I was young and didn't pay much attention to that kind of stuff back then. He certainly had the numbers to be nominated. But I'll say this, he got "showed up" in round 1 of the playoffs by Mr. Swift of Lake Co. that year. That loss still hurts. I guess thats what happens when you play against NFL material.

You're probably right. I played with him so I should remember but I don't. I was young and didn't pay much attention to that kind of stuff back then. He certainly had the numbers to be nominated. But I'll say this, he got "showed up" in round 1 of the playoffs by Mr. Swift of Lake Co. that year. That loss still hurts. I guess thats what happens when you play against NFL material.

I don't remember much about that year myself I was on a hiatus from high school football

Yeah I remember that season, I played for Springfield and that was the year we won state. We were pulling for you guys and thought that 1st round game was gonna be smooth saling.....