Sequoyah Football

warchief

Hey Nation, would you look into getting something set up for all the LL coaches to come in and discuss what we can teach to the kids? I would like to implement some formations, calls, terms etc...that the high school uses into our LL system. I know we cannot use everything they do but we can get them use to other things.

I think that would be a step in the right direction, although middle school would be the best way, I believe it would definitely have an adverse effect on the LL. I agree with Warchief, get the high school winning, that will bleed down into the LL somewhat. I know we have been to coaching clinics at UT the last 3 years, and it has helped position coaching the most, but you have to have the kids number-wise to coach, and they're just not there(at Vonore anyway). If we could get the LL parents to meet the high school coaches and get them enthused....that would help a lot. Keeping these coaches for several years is a priority, so the younger kids see them and want to play for them. The pre-season camp we have had for a few years now would be a great time for them to meet the coaches and spend some time getting to know them. To me,advertising for this needs to start now, even to the point of posters and signs in key points of both towns. I don't know anything else to do, and certainly would love to hear better suggestions, and I will do all I can to increase the involvement from Vonore, whatever it takes! GO CHIEFS!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you this, do you think that using the influence of high school coaches to come out and talk to groups at each school would encourage them to come out and play?

Yes. But I agree with BlueQb12. The way to do this best may be thru a camp using the High school coaches. But for it to work you must get the kids to attend, and the LL Head coaches & asst. coaches need to be there. Best way to get the #'s up at a camp- Don't charge. Let it be a free camp. Have your coaches call every player they can think of and try to get them to come. Also on the issue of getting the kids out who are not playing. Over the years i came across several kids who when you saw them you thought that kid may make a good ball player. You may be suprised by talking to them & thier parents how often you can get kids to play. Sometimes it just takes a nudge. One thing about this, never make promises be honest and let them know they have to earn what they get. If you don't they will just get mad and that kid may not play anymore. I still think the best thing that could happen for the high school is a Combined Middle school team. Like bigC said, it has to be done right for it to work. I know this is something coach Summey wants to see happen.

Coach Summey has res.Berts for the 22nd at 6 oclock for the discussion of middle school football.If your involved or have ideas on this please come.Dum DUM can you get ahold of JAMES.

Any chance that Kevin P. could get GUS to come out for a free meal to give his thoughts

about this. Kind of give some in-sight from his side of what would need to take place.

I would pitch in for his meal

Coach Summey has res.Berts for the 22nd at 6 oclock for the discussion of middle school football.If your involved or have ideas on this please come.Dum DUM can you get ahold of JAMES.

Unfortunately, I have to be at work at 5:00 that evening. Just so there is no mistake, I am completely for this, and will be glad to help make it happen any way I can. I know there is a lot that would have to take place just to even field a team, but I do feel the effort would be worth it. Lack of funds, uniforms,practice sight,coaches,scheduling...all these things would hinder,and it is already late getting started. IF this is going to happen,there can be no delays,we must get after it aggressively. I have not had the opportunity to speak with a lot of folks about this, so I only know the feelings of you guys on coacht and that coach Summey really wants to see this happen. One question I have been asked is this....If we have middle school ball,why not elementary ball as well? A lot to consider,a lot of questions that need to be answered.....GOOD LUCK! As far as uniforms,why not combine the other 2 colors of the leagues...black and blue? That would solve the uniform issue anyway until something better could be found. It is a big project that would take all our cooperation,and a lot of people working on this,but I have already seen what can happen with just a few working in the same direction. Well,eat enough for me too,and keep me informed,I'm counting on you warchief,because you and I have discussed this before. GO CHIEFS!

Unfortunately, I have to be at work at 5:00 that evening. Just so there is no mistake, I am completely for this, and will be glad to help make it happen any way I can. I know there is a lot that would have to take place just to even field a team, but I do feel the effort would be worth it. Lack of funds, uniforms,practice sight,coaches,scheduling...all these things would hinder,and it is already late getting started. IF this is going to happen,there can be no delays,we must get after it aggressively. I have not had the opportunity to speak with a lot of folks about this, so I only know the feelings of you guys on coacht and that coach Summey really wants to see this happen. One question I have been asked is this....If we have middle school ball,why not elementary ball as well? A lot to consider,a lot of questions that need to be answered.....GOOD LUCK! As far as uniforms,why not combine the other 2 colors of the leagues...black and blue? That would solve the uniform issue anyway until something better could be found. It is a big project that would take all our cooperation,and a lot of people working on this,but I have already seen what can happen with just a few working in the same direction. Well,eat enough for me too,and keep me informed,I'm counting on you warchief,because you and I have discussed this before. GO CHIEFS!

I will be there. I want to hear what coach Summey has to say about this. Should be a interesting meeting.