Sequoyah Football

warchief

with the 2 linemen that got hurt last year coming back

(moore and watson) it might open a door to move StineH. over

to tight end ,good size,strong,quick feet,good hands,and some speed. Just a thaught

along the BigC's post. Might be worth taking a look at.

What do you think?

That is a good point but I think we have other options that will make us just as good without disrupting the continuity of the line. Moore and Watson are real good football players but were hurt last year and have a lot of ground to make up. If they can make a move this spring it will help us a lot. All positions are up for grabs it should be an interesting spring /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we are going to use a TE set along with several new formations. We have a number of kids tagged for a look at TE. Trey is one of them. Since we go no huddle a lot we want to be able to shift the TE to a wide out with out substituting. I like Trey's size at WR and TE, what he lacks in speed he can body up on most CB and make some routes very hard to defend, slant,fade etc. It will all come down to production in the spring, who blocks the best number 1. If you are going to play TE first you have to be willing to block. Then who can catch it. I am excited about or offense, I think we are old enough now to use shifts and motion out of the no huddle that put the defense in some real conflicts about alignment. Coach Gregory has done a great job of giving the kids just enough without putting them in overload. It is so tempting to see a defense do something that you know you can attack from week to week and change up your offense. We would tweak ours some but we stayed with what our offense was built around. So our kids have gotten a lot of confidence from getting the same looks over a season an knowing what they were suppose to do. Teams like Polk County they have a system their kids are use to and by the time they are jr and sr they are confident in it. It is one of the reasons they are so efficient on offense, not fancy or razzle dazzle but they get the right hat on the right folks.

Thanks for the update! I am excited about the future of the chiefs! Coach G has a great offsensive mind and you guys are doing a great job with this team. I think we will be much improved next year. Keep up the hard work!

At the last booster club meeting Coach G. had ask for all that could attend

the 3-31-08 School board workshop to to show up as support

he is working on issues such as fund raising, Con.Stand $, Diff in bus rate to ball games,and

county wide Coaching Sups, lights,and other upgrades,ETC.

Don't just talk about support on here come out and show it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Monday 3-31-08

5:00

old Vol-Tech building Oakgrove RD.

As of the last Booster Club Meeting we are se to play Rhea County at Home on May 13th.

Good to hear. R.C. is always a solid 4A team. This will be a tough test. I have always thought it is better to play good teams and see the areas you need to improve in, as to play weak teams and not get a good look. This will be good for the player and coaches. Looking forward to seeing it. GO CHIEFS /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Complete season, just hollar when they are done.

Hey dumdum, did you get your email on the letter you were asking about? If not let me know I will get you a copy. 1 month to go until spring practice. looking forward to it! GO CHIEFS!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />