Sequoyah Football

warchief

I wish all the nay sayers would have been around last year to watch practices. You would have seen who was in charge of the team. I liked Coach Summey he was a good man and what he brought to our program was Discipline and character and I will always appreciate him for that but that it all he did. None of the offense or defense was his. This is something these boys will carry with them for the rest of thier lives hopefully. The best man for this job is Coach G. he needs to be persuaded to take the job but wants to concentrate on the entire athletic program. Slobber have you ever came and watched a practice? I'd bet not if you are who I think you are then you only came to the games and downgraded players verbally from the stands because they weren't playing who you thought they should play. In fact you don't even have a kid on the team. You are a Vonore LL coach who doesn't know what a running play is. My question to you is do you want to see this team succeed? If so keep you nose out of it and let the Sequoyah Administration do the hiring. The players love Cocah G. They know he is the man that can bring success to the program. Now let me ask you another question, do you want to see the players that you have coached over the years move on to the next level? If so then you would want a coach that would work to get those kids noticed and stand behind them after the season is over. If your answer is yes then ask Coach Summey why he held letters of invitation for two different players to come visit Middle Tn, Marshall and UT. and did not give the letters to them till the visit date had past! Two of our players missed out on going to visit different colleges because thier coach didn't respect them enough to get the letters to them ontime! Also ask Mr Bowers about Coach refusing to send a letter of reccommendation for his son. These are the things that are completely inexcusable. Coach Satterfield had his day and done really well at Greenback but that was then and this is now. The game is different, yes it's still about blocking and tackling but the game is different than when you and I played, or did you play I can't remember? If Coach Satterfield is reccommended by Mr. Moser and by Coach G. then I'll accept it. If he is forced on them then I'm afraid there won't be enough players left to even have a football team. That is how loyal these kids are to Coach G. and if any of you cared to pay attention then you would see that. I normally don't get this caught up in a post but people are going to have to put thier egos aside and let this team have a chance to make something of themself. In closing let me make this invitation and I will bet not one of the nay sayers will take me up on it, Let s setup a meeting. Just a few of us to discuss what we know and what we want to see happen at our school. It will be just me and maybe 2 or 3 others , lets go sit down and talk this thing through. I'm willing to listen to every argument you have and who you think should get the job and why. Is that too much to ask? Keep your screen names private that doesn't matter to me. This isn't to say that we should even have a say in this matter for we shouldn't but WE as parents or ex coaches of Vonore and Madisonville should drop our differences for the betterment of the program. The kids in the halls of the school no longer see Black & Gold or Blue & White. We should follow thier lead and come together as well.

Unless you know for sure that slobber knocker is who u think it is than I do not appreciate the comment that you have made about our little league program at Vonore. I am pretty sure that I coach with the person that u think is slobber knocker. That is taking a direct hit at me because I am the commissioner at Vonore and in charge of who coaches our little league teams. I am the one in charge of our offensive plays, and yes their r some yrs that we pass the ball more than we run it. It all depends on what type of players we have. I am not a coach that believes that you can run a certain offense every year no matter what. In my opinion you need to evaluate tallent and adjust your offense to meet your tallent. You also need to check in on Coach Satterfield's career. He is just 2 yrs removed from making the playoffs at Grace Christian Academy in only their 2nd year of ever having a football team, a team he started from scratch. The man NEVER(did u get that....NEVER) had a losing record at Greenback in 20 years coaching there. He has beat the likes of McMinn Central,Tellico, Meigs, Sweetwater and so on and so on. I think that's pretty impressive for a single A school. To say that Coach Satterfield has had his day is just not right and in my opinion disrespectful to Coach Satterfield.

PJ McKee

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you know for sure that slobber knocker is who u think it is than I do not appreciate the comment that you have made about our little league program at Vonore. I am pretty sure that I coach with the person that u think is slobber knocker. That is taking a direct hit at me because I am the commissioner at Vonore and in charge of who coaches our little league teams. I am the one in charge of our offensive plays, and yes their r some yrs that we pass the ball more than we run it. It all depends on what type of players we have. I am not a coach that believes that you can run a certain offense every year no matter what. In my opinion you need to evaluate tallent and adjust your offense to meet your tallent. You also need to check in on Coach Satterfield's career. He is just 2 yrs removed from making the playoffs at Grace Christian Academy in only their 2nd year of ever having a football team, a team he started from scratch. The man NEVER(did u get that....NEVER) had a losing record at Greenback in 20 years coaching there. He has beat the likes of McMinn Central,Tellico, Meigs, Sweetwater and so on and so on. I think that's pretty impressive for a single A school. To say that Coach Satterfield has had his day is just not right and in my opinion disrespectful to Coach Satterfield.

PJ McKee

Thank you PJ. I wasn't taking a stab at the Vonore LL program I was taking a stab at your asst. You have some good people up ther eand a few bad apples too but any LL program is like that. I'll refrain from making the connection from now on. If Slobber isn't him I'll take your word for it. Oh and it's my opinion that you need to teach the young kids all aspects of the game , run blocking and pass blocking, handing the ball off as well as passing. As to your other statements that is why I want to have a sit down and I love Dr Dave's idea. Lets get everyone involved, espically the Director, all of us, the media that way we are all on the same page. Please lets set this up Ttll me all the good about coach S. I know of his accomplishments while he was at Greenback. There is no doubt he is a good coach. As a matter of fact before they hired Coach H. I said to several people why don't they approach Coach Satterfield. ? I'm not trying to be an #### about it. I have lost my cool at times but then who on here hasn't?

I don't think Coach G is quite ready to be head coach yet, maybe in a few years he'll be able to get better at play calling then maybe be a candidate to be a head coach. It would be good for him to work under Satterfield for a few years and broaden those offensive horizons. Yeah it definitely should not be someone from last years staff that takes over a few people decided we wasn't going in the right direction this past year, so we know that it should definitely be a new direction that we head in.

He has been a Head Coach and for many many years. I don't know all his stats but I do know he has won a State Championship in Mississippi. Slobber you about have me convinced that you are from a spirit world I think it's called "LA LA Land"

Thank you PJ. I wasn't taking a stab at the Vonore LL program I was taking a stab at your asst. You have some good people up ther eand a few bad apples too but any LL program is like that. I'll refrain from making the connection from now on. If Slobber isn't him I'll take your word for it. Oh and it's my opinion that you need to teach the young kids all aspects of the game , run blocking and pass blocking, handing the ball off as well as passing. As to your other statements that is why I want to have a sit down and I love Dr Dave's idea. Lets get everyone involved, espically the Director, all of us, the media that way we are all on the same page. Please lets set this up Ttll me all the good about coach S. I know of his accomplishments while he was at Greenback. There is no doubt he is a good coach. As a matter of fact before they hired Coach H. I said to several people why don't they approach Coach Satterfield. ? I'm not trying to be an #### about it. I have lost my cool at times but then who on here hasn't? If you really care about the program then why don't I see you around when there is work to be done? You show up on Friday nights expecting to get in free just so you can go up in the box and spot for Jerry. You don't even know half the kids on the team cause you are never around. Then you go to away games and sit with the before mentioned asst. and criticize and downgrade certain players IN FRONT OF THIER PARENTS! So are you for the whole program or just the Vonore half?

We do teach all aspects of the game. I know 4 sure that Jerry Denham has been out to Sequoyah numerous times to learn the blocking techniques that Sequoyah uses. We do the exact same drills that they do. The reason that u I am not around when their is work to be done is because the only day that I have off is Sunday. My youngest son plays football, basketball, and baseball. I am at his practices or games every day of the week except for Wednesdays and Sundays, and I am church on those days. As far as getting in free, I could care less. It's not like I do not give them money, last year I gave them about $200 out of my pocket. I do not go to the games just to get in free and set in the box with Jerry. My wife would rather me sit with her. If I did not care about the program at Sequoyah than I would not have put in the last 12 years of my life in one of Sequoya's feeder programs. No one can say that I am only doing it for my kids because I was doing it before either one of my boys were even born. Besides I have never even coached my own kid in football. So I believe that I am putting in work at Sequoyah, work that can be seen on Friday nights. I know more than half the kids on the football team, not just the ones from Vonore. I do not go to home games or away games and criticize or downgrade any player. I go to support the team. If I was just for the Vonore half of the team than I would not be wearing my Sequoyah gear on Friday nights, I would have on only the blue and white.

Nothing thats been put on this board within the last week

will bring support for these young men.

Let's stop and look at what we can do to help the players to keep working.

what ever happens next we still need to support all of them no matter what

colors they had on in LL.

D.W.

PJ let me start off with an appology. I said some things in a previous post that I shouldn't have. For that I am sorry. I have deleted them from that post and won't go down that road again. I know you work hard and when you are dedicated to something it takes alot of time. Here I have been preaching that we need to get together and come together in support of Sequoyah instead of Vonore and Madisonville and in the meantime the only thing I have done is add more bricks to the wall that's between us. So with that I guess it's time for me to shut my mouth and support my Ad and Principal. The invitation is still out though. I still would like that meeting to take place even if it is just 3 or 4 of us.

PJ let me start off with an appology. I said some things in a previous post that I shouldn't have. For that I am sorry. I have deleted them from that post and won't go down that road again. I know you work hard and when you are dedicated to something it takes alot of time. Here I have been preaching that we need to get together and come together in support of Sequoyah instead of Vonore and Madisonville and in the meantime the only thing I have done is add more bricks to the wall that's between us. So with that I guess it's time for me to shut my mouth and support my Ad and Principal. The invitation is still out though. I still would like that meeting to take place even if it is just 3 or 4 of us.

Apology accepted. I would be glad to meet and discuss some things as well.

PJ McKee

Yeah he made the playoffs with a what 4 and 6 or was it 3 and 7 record? Why was he let go from Grace after to doing such a wonderfull job? If you look back at that record at GreenBack his schedule was filled with very bad teams. One year they went 9-1 and the ten teams they played had won something like a total of 14 games COMBINED! He pretty much always played a very soft schedule. If he was such a hot commodity how come no one stole him from Greenback???? He has a reputaion of being very hard to get along with. There are people in Greenback that had prayed that every time the Sequoyah job came open that he would get the job. I mean he is not even coaching football now, he is coaching basketball, Now that is being in real demand. Like a guy told me the other day he(SATTERFIELD) couldn't even get an interview at the places that one of the applicants for the Sequoyah job has been,,,, but you guys want what you want regardless of what it does to the kids. Evidently it easier for that crowd to sit back B@#ch and moan than sweat and work ,,,it is all about EGO,sound familiar?????. It appears that you Vonore guys want to live in the past, you get your nose bent out of shape about Ronnie and the VERY SAME GROUP that rang the phones off the wall at oak grove for Summey are at it again. You guys are absolutley killing the kids with all this Vonore BS, LET IT GO!!!! You got some guys over there that think they are football Gurus and want to get there nose in it and all they do is show there ignorance buy struting around with there tail feathers stuck all out. I think Black And Gold was exactly correct how many of you Vonore guys are at work days???????? I don't carE if you work or not, if you got kids or not, or if you coach or not so DO A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!!! BUT THEY DON'T USE IT AS EXCUSES! All those guys sitting around over at Vick's blowing smoke about what they know and what they would do..... NONE of them EVER show up to work or try and do something positive they just sit around and b@#ch. And these are they guys that are wearing the Superintendents ear out. Well if you guys screw this hire up it will be on you all forever, People will never forget it....

Yeah he made the playoffs with a what 4 and 6 or was it 3 and 7 record? Why was he let go from Grace after to doing such a wonderfull job? If you look back at that record at GreenBack his schedule was filled with very bad teams. One year they went 9-1 and the ten teams they played had won something like a total of 14 games COMBINED! He pretty much always played a very soft schedule. If he was such a hot commodity how come no one stole him from Greenback???? He has a reputaion of being very hard to get along with. There are people in Greenback that had prayed that every time the Sequoyah job came open that he would get the job. I mean he is not even coaching football now, he is coaching basketball, Now that is being in real demand. Like a guy told me the other day he(SATTERFIELD) couldn't even get an interview at the places that one of the applicants for Sequoyah job have been. It appears that you Vonore guys want to live in the past, you get your nose bent out of shape about Ronnie and the VERY SAME GROUP that rang the phones off the wall at oak grove for Summey are at it again. You guys are absolutley killing the kids with all this Vonore BS, LET IT GO!!!! You got some guys over there that think they are football Gurus and want to get there nose in it and all they do is show there ignorance but struting around with there tail fetheres stuck all out. I think Black And Gold was exactly correct how many of you Vonore guys are at work days???????? I don't carE if you work or not, if you got kids or not, or if you coach or not so DO A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!!! BUT THEY DON'T USE IT AS EXCUSES! All those guys sitting around over at Vick's blowing smoke about what they know and what they would do..... NONE of them EVER show up to work or try and do something positive just sit around and b@#ch. And these are they guys that are wearing the Superintendents ear out. Well if you guys screw this hire up it will be on you all forever, People will never forget it....

Agree 100%!!!! I talked with a gentleman that has been around Greenback football for many years and I just asked him about Satterfield. His comment was he is a good coach but can not get a long with parents, teachers, players, or other adminstrators. He said his biggest problem was his son played baseball and football. Coach was very much against kids playing other sports besides football. Coach would tell the players when spring practice begins you will be at football if you are going to play for me!! Sounds like the guy we need heading up our program! Ya right!! thats a good one!!

Agree 100%!!!! I talked with a gentleman that has been around Greenback football for many years and I just asked him about Satterfield. His comment was he is a good coach but can not get a long with parents, teachers, players, or other adminstrators. He said his biggest problem was his son played baseball and football. Coach was very much against kids playing other sports besides football. Coach would tell the players when spring practice begins you will be at football if you are going to play for me!! Sounds like the guy we need heading up our program! Ya right!! thats a good one!!

You know it is weird that some people can here bad things about a person and when I ask around I here nothing but good things. Bottomline is he is proved himself a winner in high school football. A person familiar to winning would be a good guide to get us where we need to be. I don't know if he is the best candidate for the job, but he is the best that has been mentioned on here.

I dont need a friend or someone to pal around with. I need a coach that will make my boy the best football player he can be. Maybe the reason he didnt get along with parents and some of the others is that he couldnt be manipulated. If hes a good coach and doesnt seem to be just passing through, he just might be what we need. Just a thought.

Notice I didnt say anything negative. Ive turned over a new leaf.

You know it is weird that some people can here bad things about a person and when I ask around I here nothing but good things. Bottomline is he is proved himself a winner in high school football. A person familiar to winning would be a good guide to get us where we need to be. I don't know if he is the best candidate for the job, but he is the best that has been mentioned on here.

A winner against hand picked weak competition. He has never been in demand!!!!! Has tried to get the Seq. job 4 times now????? He can't even find a football coaching job now and they(the Vonore boys) think he should be hired over a guy that has been a college head coach 3 times and currently is in the coaching ranks in college. I mean what part can't you guys see about that??? I tell you why is because you don't want to, you just want what you want regardless of the collateral damage. It should always be about the kids. If you get your way on this,,, in my eyes and a whole community of other people's eyes Those of you involved, those of you that have run over to Lowery and told him lies and misled him, those of you ringing the phone off the hook you will never be looked at the same. Like you said if you talk to different people you hear different things. Like EVERYONE I talk to can't believe Satterfield is even in the top 3 Except for the same old tired bunch that rammed Summey down everyones throats and we all know how that turned out, this will not be any better if that hand full of people have there way. Sad