Sequoyah Football

warchief

What is best for the kids? Would it be best for the kids to have another coach who is just passing through or to have a coach that plans on staying? Would these coach prospects from out of town stay for years or would they just use this as a stepping stone. No one, not even the coach prospects themselves, knows if they would like this area or if they would be miserable here and immediately start looking for something else. It seems to me that it would be better to have a quality coach with ties in a this community or at least nearby so he doesnt just run on to the next oppertunity. What this program needs, more than anything, is stability. The fact that Coach Satterfield stayed in Greenback for so long as a coach and still (I think) lives in the area says a lot about his likelyhood of staying. Do we just want the connection to the SEC for this one year or do we want the program to be successfull for years to come. I dont want to just have a good year and then be right back in this situation next year. I want the best for this year and years to come.

PS

What makes your opinion so much more accurate as to what is best for the kid(s).

Not trying to down you in any way.Heres the thing,you never know what coach"s will do.They get better offers and so on.They may leave for better money or family issues.Just like when Coach Summey was hired,and you may not know this,but he said ,i all i want it for is 2 to 3 years and thats it.But i think you hire the most quiafied coach you can.But in no way should it be a political hire.Lets let our pricnpal and ad do there job.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Satterfield, I hope you are listening to this, but I'm sure you don't look at message boards. Why would you want to go to Sequoyah? As a matter of fact, why would any coach want this job? Just look at what you have to deal with, and this is only a message board. I'm sure it's much worse in person. I am a Vonore boy and I have had cousins and church members play and are still playing at Sequoyah. (And yes I have been supportive.) My kids are still several years away from high school, but if nothing changes I will assure you they will not be at Sequoyah. If I had and 8th grade boy going to Sequoyah next year, I would seriously consider other high schools. So far, the greatest debacle in Monroe County school board history is Sequoyah est 1995 (until proven otherwise). I can't believe my taxes are going to support this crap.

Again Coach Satterfield, please don't take this job if you are offered. I hate to see someone I know get into this mess.

Not trying to down you in any way.Heres the thing,you never know what coach"s will do.They get better offers and so on.They may leave for better money or family issues.Just like when Coach Summey was hired,and you may not know this,but he said ,i all i want it for is 2 to 3 years and thats it.But i think you hire the most quiafied coach you can.But in no way should it be a political hire.Lets let our pricnpal and ad do there job.

I agree with you but Im not the one pushing Gregory and Moser to hire a piticular coach. You should talk to your pal red chief about that. Hes the one thats in contact with "oak grove". Seems to me that hes the one trying to force his idea on them.

GO CHIEFS

What is best for the kids? Would it be best for the kids to have another coach who is just passing through or to have a coach that plans on staying? Would these coach prospects from out of town stay for years or would they just use this as a stepping stone. No one, not even the coach prospects themselves, knows if they would like this area or if they would be miserable here and immediately start looking for something else. It seems to me that it would be better to have a quality coach with ties in a this community or at least nearby so he doesnt just run on to the next oppertunity. What this program needs, more than anything, is stability. The fact that Coach Satterfield stayed in Greenback for so long as a coach and still (I think) lives in the area says a lot about his likelyhood of staying. Do we just want the connection to the SEC for this one year or do we want the program to be successfull for years to come. I dont want to just have a good year and then be right back in this situation next year. I want the best for this year and years to come.

PS

What makes your opinion so much more accurate as to what is best for the kid(s).

The point is if you compare these candidates and look at them without "preconceived " desires or wants there is no comparison. So you want to hire a guy based on where he lives?????? Your reaching for straws here. Just like DevilsAdvocate = SID lying about Gregory and the letter signed by the kids, lying to Lowery that one of the candidates had been at 10 schools in 10 years( this came straight out of Lowery's mouth on two different occasions, it will all come out Kevin.) When in fact he has been at 3 schools in 8 years. So you bring out your crystal ball and believe the better candidate should not be hired because at some point he might leave??? You think he should not be hired because he has connections to the SEC????? The man has property close buy and grandkids. He wants to be close to them and give his wife that opportunity. The program does need stability but you are not going to get it by hiring someone because of some past experience you had or where they live, or because they "might" stay. You will get stability by hiring the most qualified guy. The Vonore gang are beating there drums for a guy that may be a very good coach but in this case just does not measure up. You can slice it and dice it any way you want but that is just the simple truth. If Satterfield were the best applicant they had I would have absolutely no problem with it.

The point is if you compare these candidates and look at them without "preconceived " desires or wants there is no comparison. So you want to hire a guy based on where he lives?????? Your reaching for straws here. Just like DevilsAdvocate = SID lying about Gregory and the letter signed by the kids, lying to Lowery that one of the candidates had been at 10 schools in 10 years( this came straight out of Lowery's mouth on two different occasions, it will all come out Kevin.) When in fact he has been at 3 schools in 8 years. So you bring out your crystal ball and believe the better candidate should not be hired because at some point he might leave??? You think he should not be hired because he has connections to the SEC????? The man has property close buy and grandkids. He wants to be close to them and give his wife that opportunity. The program does need stability but you are not going to get it by hiring someone because of some past experience you had or where they live, or because they "might" stay. You will get stability by hiring the most qualified guy. The Vonore gang are beating there drums for a guy that may be a very good coach but in this case just does not measure up. You can slice it and dice it any way you want but that is just the simple truth. If Satterfield were the best applicant they had I would have absolutely no problem with it.

I would like to know just who u r referring 2 as the Vonore Boys.

I agree with you but Im not the one pushing Gregory and Moser to hire a piticular coach. You should talk to your pal red chief about that. Hes the one thats in contact with "oak grove". Seems to me that hes the one trying to force his idea on them.

GO CHIEFS

How Am I trying to force anything on anyone????????? I have said before and Will say it again if Satterfield was the most qualified that has applied then that would be great. In this particular case he just simply is not. It has nothing to do with "personal preference". You and some others might have to read that real slow. It is solely about the best qualified. I for the life of me can't see what makes that so hard. If you will look at this with out any emotional attachment and just hiring the most qualified candidate you have, it jumps at you. Everyone sees that but a few and those few don't seem to care about looking at the issues without personal preference involved. I just want Mr Moser and Coach Gregory to be allowed to do there job. It really doesn't matter a hill of beans what I think, I wasn't at the interviews, I haven't spoke with references, or been a part of the hiring process and neither have any of you. I just want the system to work like it is suppose to and hire the most qualified for the job.

Coach Satterfield, I hope you are listening to this, but I'm sure you don't look at message boards. Why would you want to go to Sequoyah? As a matter of fact, why would any coach want this job? Just look at what you have to deal with, and this is only a message board. I'm sure it's much worse in person. I am a Vonore boy and I have had cousins and church members play and are still playing at Sequoyah. (And yes I have been supportive.) My kids are still several years away from high school, but if nothing changes I will assure you they will not be at Sequoyah. If I had and 8th grade boy going to Sequoyah next year, I would seriously consider other high schools. So far, the greatest debacle in Monroe County school board history is Sequoyah est 1995 (until proven otherwise). I can't believe my taxes are going to support this crap.

Again Coach Satterfield, please don't take this job if you are offered. I hate to see someone I know get into this mess.

I agree why would anyone want to coach at a place like this. This shouldn't be about Madisonville or Vonore. Everyone needs to just let the Principal and AD hire who they feel like would be the best coach. It shouldn't matter where he is from but, what he has done. Everyone is worried about their blue and white or black and gold. We should worry about the boys that wear the red and white.

I agree why would anyone want to coach at a place like this. This shouldn't be about Madisonville or Vonore. Everyone needs to just let the Principal and AD hire who they feel like would be the best coach. It shouldn't matter where he is from but, what he has done. Everyone is worried about their blue and white or black and gold. We should worry about the boys that wear the red and white.

Well said. Peace, Love, and Football. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt say Satterfield was best for the job. I think his record speaks for him. I didnt say that he should be hired because of where he lives. I said that the fact that he lives close (I think) means that he would be less likely to find out that he doesnt like this area. From what Ive read on here, Satterfield has only been at three different high schools in twenty-three years.(stablity) Show me in YOUR crystal ball that this guy who has been working with college players is successful at Sequoyah HIGH SCHOOL in the future and Ill root for him with you. Fact is, youre just guessing. I never said I had an experience with Satterfield. Again, his record speaks for him and thats why i think he would be a good hire. Im not part of the "Vonore Drum Beating Gang". I can see why anyone would like the idea of hiring a high school coach with a winning record vs a college coach with a losing record who is taking what is basically a demotion. You said his family was two hours away. Sounds like an opportunity to get into high school coaching and then move a little closer to the family in a year or so.

Another Positive post. Im doing a lot better.

I didnt say Satterfield was best for the job. I think his record speaks for him. I didnt say that he should be hired because of where he lives. I said that the fact that he lives close (I think) means that he would be less likely to find out that he doesnt like this area. From what Ive read on here, Satterfield has only been at three different high schools in twenty-three years.(stablity) Show me in YOUR crystal ball that this guy who has been working with college players is successful at Sequoyah HIGH SCHOOL in the future and Ill root for him with you. Fact is, youre just guessing. I never said I had an experience with Satterfield. Again, his record speaks for him and thats why i think he would be a good hire. Im not part of the "Vonore Drum Beating Gang". I can see why anyone would like the idea of hiring a high school coach with a winning record vs a college coach with a losing record who is taking what is basically a demotion. You said his family was two hours away. Sounds like an opportunity to get into high school coaching and then move a little closer to the family in a year or so.

Another Positive post. Im doing a lot better.

Is anyone other than Satterfield and th guy from Auburn interested in the job? Is this going to be hire who ever that will take it? The boys deserve better than this.