Sequoyah Football

warchief

30 + Years college coaching experience, Has been a head coach at a college in Alabama and Tennessee and at the high school level. He has been an assistant coach in the SEC at Mississippi, Auburn,Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Is a current SEC assistant, They have received a letter of recommendation from his current SEC head coach. He interviewed YESTERDAY! Now lets see if the powers to be want to hire a man on his credentials or make ANOTHER political hire????? You talk about a no brainier!!

I am just wondering was he fired from all these jobs, cause that is a lot of jobs and seems like he doesn't stick around for long.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a man has these kind of credentials, why in the world is he interested in Sequoyah?

I can grasp the desire to get back to high school, teaching, molding young men. But there at least a half dozen better openings in the South right now that have tradition, paid staff, better facilities...

gift horse....mouth....etc....

But unless he has relatives buried in Jeffrey's heck, I can't imagine why anyone that qualified would want this job... Hopefully he doesn't regain consciousness until after the Sweetwater game.

Relatives within a couple of hours and owns property in the area.

No appology necessary. It sounds like youre on the right side again. You know how it is when you start to trust the bad guy then the next thing you know; youve been attacked from behind... Thats what happened to you.

Two things came to mind when I saw this. First,I'm not on a side,because at this point I couldn't care any less about football. Too many games to enjoy the sport. Right now,I can't see myself going anywhere to watch a game. Second,this is and should always be about the boys. They are the only ones who matter. If I can somehow drag myself to a game,it will be to support them,nothing more. I do want to wish the team good luck,and whoever the new coach will be. So long,see you around.

As a side bar his references were Mickey Andrews defensive coordinator for Florida State, Steve Sloan ex SEC head coach and Athletic director at UT Chattanooga, Assistant coach at Texas forgot his name, Tommy Tuberville at Auburn and the general manger for the San Diego Chargers. Not Bad..... Oak Grove are you paying attention!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

30 + Years college coaching experience, Has been a head coach at a college in Alabama and Tennessee and at the high school level. He has been an assistant coach in the SEC at Mississippi, Auburn,Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Is a current SEC assistant, They have received a letter of recommendation from his current SEC head coach. He interviewed YESTERDAY! Now lets see if the powers to be want to hire a man on his credentials or make ANOTHER political hire????? You talk about a no brainier

I got it! Who is Joe Lee Dunn?

This sounds like a Coach that could have a positive impact on the area not

only at Sequoyah. If this is the Coach that our A.D. wants we need to do what

it takes to get him in here. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What is the coaching supplement for the head football coach?

A man with this type of credentials will need $$$$$$$

What is the coaching supplement for the head football coach?

A man with this type of credentials will need $$$$$$$

Not Really sure how much it pays but I know one fat guy who will give him all the free dental care he needs. He'll clean his teeth and his house as long as he gets to hang around and screw things up.

Thanks to a few parents and coaches Sequoyah went from gaining respect to being the laughing stock again. Anyway, a coach with 30 years experience is probably too "old school" for most peoples taste. And I didn't think that was what folks at SQHS wanted. You know discipline, character, etc...

Not Really sure how much it pays but I know one fat guy who will give him all the free dental care he needs. He'll clean his teeth and his house as long as he gets to hang around and screw things up.

ahhhhhhh gee you hurt my feelings calling me names, I mean a manly man such as your self hiding behind a computer and calling people names ooooohhhhh big bad "boy". Find one coach that will tell you they have gotten free dental care? There are NONE! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Did you or Dr Dave take him out to lunch? Dinner? Better get there quick to make your pitch about how good of an idea it is to have parents of players on the coaching staff. If you leave it up to the next coach and dont convince him otherwise, odds are, he will think thats a stupid idea and get rid of our existing volunteers. GOOD LUCK!

Nope no lunch or dinner. I did fly him in on the family private jet, you see my family owns a buisness in, well can't say will give to much away for now /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Is it realy neccessary to call people names. If you have a problem with Dave I think you need to be a man about it and talk to him face to face. If you do not think he needs to be coaching that is your opinion, but calling him names is just down right rude and uncalled for.