11/23 Pearl-Cohn at White House

timbdp

Tim, you need to patent that response...LOL

Pearl Cone will be a good game. Both teams playin' well. Really couldn't make a prediction right now, but probably will be a classic.

Do you spell it "Pearl Cone" as a bit of a slang term or as an insult to the school?????? I'm just wondering /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Pearl Cohn's defense is playing well against the run of late. Last night as a team Station Camp had a total of 37 carries for 99 yards as a team. In the earlier game Hudson for Howard did not play against the Firebirds so that hurt the Hustlin' Tigers in that one from the outset. In week ten against Station Camp it was the Pearl Cohn defense again that rose to the occasion. They held SC in that game to 27 rushes for 67 yards as a team.

THERE IS A REASON WHY PC HAS JUST SURRENDERED 10-POINTS IN 3 GAMES SINCE THE FIREBIRDS HAD THEIR BYE WEEK IN WEEK 9 OF THE REGULAR SEASON /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If White House does the following, they win (IMO):

1) Be lethargic on offense. What I mean by this is to use as much time pre-snap without getting flagged for 5 yards as possible. They obviously need to be effective once the ball is snapped. But if they can lull PC to sleep by making the game as boring as possible, they will be successful in this regard.

2) Commit to run the ball between the tackles. Dives, traps, ISOs. Hand off to the first man through on occasion to mix it up a little. I believe this is the key for any "country" team to have a good chance to beat a "city" team. Whether you are talking Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, or Knoxville.

3) Run some screen passes out of the backfield with Payne and Dixon AND run some flanker screens back to the middle of the field with the SE's and WR's.

4) PA to the TE. I guarantee you this will be open many times throughout the night. And WH can pick up chunks of yardage here if they can connect. If the running game is somewhat successful, this will only be accentuated more.

5) Use men in motion, shifts, and some misdirection. Keep em guessing.

A combination of all the above will eat up clock, put points on the board, and keep PC's offense on the sideline. But WH will have to execute and be smart with the football. If they are, I think they are the more disciplined and fundamentally sound team and they win. If they try to get in a shooting match with PC, WH is in trouble.

Do you spell it "Pearl Cone" as a bit of a slang term or as an insult to the school?????? I'm just wondering /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Pearl Cohn's defense is playing well against the run of late. Last night as a team Station Camp had a total of 37 carries for 99 yards as a team. In the earlier game Hudson for Howard did not play against the Firebirds so that hurt the Hustlin' Tigers in that one from the outset. In week ten against Station Camp it was the Pearl Cohn defense again that rose to the occasion. They held SC in that game to 27 rushes for 67 yards as a team.

THERE IS A REASON WHY PC HAS JUST SURRENDERED 10-POINTS IN 3 GAMES SINCE THE FIREBIRDS HAD THEIR BYE WEEK IN WEEK 9 OF THE REGULAR SEASON /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I dont think it hurt that SC turned over the ball 4 times.Turnovers do make a big difference as was shown last night at White House.

I dont think it hurt that SC turned over the ball 4 times.Turnovers do make a big difference as was shown last night at White House.

Agreed 100%. In fact when I called the Cheatham Co. at Fayette Ware first round playoff game it was two turnovers in the fourth quarter that did the Cubs in eventually in a 34-28 loss to FW.

In the Playoffs teams are just too good, especially in the quarterfinals, to turn the football over against. That will cost a team a game quicker than anything. HOWEVER WITH THAT SAID..... I don't think any team plans on turnovers or depends on getting turnovers to win games. Some nights things just go right for teams and other nights it's just bad luck when teams fumble away the football and drop passes and throw interceptions, etc. IF EITHER OF THESE TEAMS DOES THIS AGAINST THE OTHER IN THIS GAME THEN THAT TEAM WILL BE WATCHING THE SEMIFINALS IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!

Is it Kone???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do you call yourself big country because you are big and slow???? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Does it really matter or did you get your feelings hurt????

Slang has been a part of most Pearl (Kone, Cone, Cohn) threads. So take it however you want, I don't care.

Agreed 100%. In fact when I called the Cheatham Co. at Fayette Ware first round playoff game it was two turnovers in the fourth quarter that did the Cubs in eventually in a 34-28 loss to FW.

In the Playoffs teams are just too good, especially in the quarterfinals, to turn the football over against. That will cost a team a game quicker than anything. HOWEVER WITH THAT SAID..... I don't think any team plans on turnovers or depends on getting turnovers to win games. Some nights things just go right for teams and other nights it's just bad luck when teams fumble away the football and drop passes and throw interceptions, etc. IF EITHER OF THESE TEAMS DOES THIS AGAINST THE OTHER IN THIS GAME THEN THAT TEAM WILL BE WATCHING THE SEMIFINALS IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!

My point BC was we had 5 turnovers vs GB in week 10 and barely came away with a win.In round 2 vs GB we took care of the ball and the score was not even close.No one plans on turning the ball over.The more disciplined team will win this game.Dont give up the big play, no turnovers, no stupid penalties and ball control wins this game

Is it Kone???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do you call yourself big country because you are big and slow???? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Does it really matter or did you get your feelings hurt????

Slang has been a part of most Pearl (Kone, Cone, Cohn) threads. So take it however you want, I don't care.

Big & Slow????? Absolutely /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Slower than you????? NO WAY!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you think that I am in some way "hurt" by the way that you always disrespect Pearl Cohn then you are a sadly mistaken comedian dandy /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You'll be the one hurting at the end of the week if you don't watch what you say. I don't think you need to be giving a team like PC any added motivation for this one. They already will be hyped up enough as it is because of the way that they lost to WH during the regular season and then later read all of the jokes that WH fans on here were laying on them following that loss.