Wilson Central @ Smyrna

Big Poppa 17

Was that WC guy a coach? If so it was too little too late. I thought on the accidental whistle that there was not enough of a reaction from the WC coaches. That play changed the flow of the game, whether or not what MIGHT have happend to the WC quarterback (BTW I would take that kid in space 1on1 against anyone).

In my short experience Smyrna has some issues to work regarding class from their players, from the top all the way down, but in the end the best way to deal with that type of thing is DO NOT LOSE and THAT WON'T BE A PROBLEM.

please elaborate. Exactly what issues do "you" think need work? Be a little more detailed. The same broad statement could be made about any team.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wc's team played as hard as they could. they earned their respect. the wc posters on here cheapen their effort.

most of the wc posters on here today (except dub c fan) sound like just what you are

"a bunch of sore loser whinners that cant except the fact you were beaten by a better team twice in less than a month"

as for how teams celebrate after a state chamionship --- well that is something you won't have to worry about

let me summarize most of the wc posters this morning and once you read it you will see how whiny youy sound

"their mean"

"they cheat"

"the refs were awful"

"the celebrate when they win"

you got beat deal with it.

Man,you're an awesome example of a quarterback club president 82.

Like you've been all season.

I congratulated y'all,and other people have too,but the first post you have in the morning is how you have to put it in the face of WC fans.

Man,grow up!

Congrats to Smyrna! Despite your juvenile 82cat. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

THE SQUAD /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Man,you're an awesome example of a quarterback club president 82.Like you've been all season.I congratulated y'all,and other people have too,but the first post you have in the morning is how you have to put it in the face of WC fans.Man,grow up!Congrats to Smyrna! Despite your juvenile 82cat. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" THE SQUAD /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

if you would read the rest of the posts on previous pages u would see what 82cat is talkin about. And btw great job 82cat u explained how whiny the WC fans sound.

Was that WC guy a coach? If so it was too little too late. I thought on the accidental whistle that there was not enough of a reaction from the WC coaches. That play changed the flow of the game, whether or not what MIGHT have happend to the WC quarterback (BTW I would take that kid in space 1on1 against anyone).In my short experience Smyrna has some issues to work regarding class from their players, from the top all the way down, but in the end the best way to deal with that type of thing is DO NOT LOSE and THAT WON'T BE A PROBLEM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe that thwe WC quarterback was one on one with Rod Wilks. I dont see the WC quarterback winning that battle. Sry. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

if you would read the rest of the posts on previous pages u would see what 82cat is talkin about. And btw great job 82cat u explained how whiny the WC fans sound.Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe that thwe WC quarterback was one on one with Rod Wilks. I dont see the WC quarterback winning that battle. Sry. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

yeah i take wc's quarter back he is more stout and probley a tad bit stronger....he would have made a good play that would have changed the game!!!!

well im over it now....

back to work Wildcats we'll get it next year =]

if you would read the rest of the posts on previous pages u would see what 82cat is talkin about. And btw great job 82cat u explained how whiny the WC fans sound.Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe that thwe WC quarterback was one on one with Rod Wilks. I dont see the WC quarterback winning that battle. Sry. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

well, I for one would take McChurch in a 1on1 with Wilks in the open field. Majors stiff armed Wilks really bad 2 times. McChurch is every bit as tough. The issues flatandfast was talking about deals with "class." And winning with "class." The only reason you didn't act up in Lincoln Co. is because you knew those country boys might just take a whippin' to you off the field. The QB was not going to have a first down unless he beat Wilks, and he would have just pushed him to the ground.

Regardless, Smyrna won the game. But, they knew they had been a game on Friday night. They had to work for everything they got against a WC team that did not play their best. The 2 teams were very evenly matched. There has to be a winner and a loser. Last night, Smyrna came out on top.

All this to say, WC has nothing to be ashamed of. It was a small senior class in numbers, but huge in heart and leadership. Thanks for the 4 years of great football, you are the class with the most wins ever over a 4 year period. Good luck in all you do to Shannon, McChurch, Majors, Partridge, Matheson, Newell, Majors, Crutchfield, Adkins, Bochette, and Cranford. You will be remembered and missed.

lolololol, no offense to our kicker, but lets just say he's had his moments where he isnt the greatest. But im sure he is happy to take the compliment.

Do you all have a different kicker for kick offs? And if I am not mistaken didn't you all kick a field goal to seal the game? I know it was short, but some teams do not even have that capability. lol

in response to the inadvertent whistle.....smyrna had the the qb tackled significantly before he got the first down. that would have made it 4th and long on the WC side of the field. smyrna would have been better off if the play were allowed to stand. that being said, the officials all around were really awful tonight

From the way Smyrna was tackling the qb from wc last night, who really knows if they would have had him or not. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I want to respond to all this talk about class and lack of class....when RIVERDALE is winning we are classless when we are losing we have no class so in my opinion i would like for yall to think we have no class and win the game all of the talk and lack thereof is really overrated...i will give you the smyrna and ravenwood game at the end of it (i dont want to hear no crap about getting hats either they were clrearly going voer there and taunting the crowd)but as a rule and in general each tema always show class if i recall correctly...after the game they went str8 to the middle to shake hands before celebrating so end all the class talk

it was a hard fought game WC seemed to move the ball at will but just didnt finsih enough drives to win the game I really like #7 #2 And #1 they are tough kids with a lot of heart good season WC think of it this way...you was the first WC team to beat RIVERDALE

Man,you're an awesome example of a quarterback club president 82.

Like you've been all season.

I congratulated y'all,and other people have too,but the first post you have in the morning is how you have to put it in the face of WC fans.

Man,grow up!

Congrats to Smyrna! Despite your juvenile 82cat. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

THE SQUAD /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I am grown 6 ft 227 !!!

being qb club president does not prevent me from giving my opinions and they are what they are.

wc played hard and I gave them all the credit but .their fans are on here whining and throwing the old classless card that riverdale has had thrown at them for years when they were winning

As far as my being an example of a qb club president --- trust me on this one I dont believe you will find a single player from smyrna that would trade me for anyone you have.

If you are a smyrna bulldog I have your back

I am grown 6 ft 227 !!!

being qb club president does not prevent me from giving my opinions and they are what they are.

wc played hard and I gave them all the credit but .their fans are on here whining and throwing the old classless card that riverdale has had thrown at them for years when they were winning

As far as my being an example of a qb club president --- trust me on this one I dont believe you will find a single player from smyrna that would trade me for anyone you have.

If you are a smyrna bulldog I have your back

Thats right. We wouldn't. All of his responses were based on insults directed towards our team. How can you fault someone for defending a team where his sons have played for numerous years. "The Squad" you are pathetic and this is coming from a teenager. So if you have to talk bad about one of our biggest supporters, I think that makes you the childish one. We got your back 82CAT!

Thats right. We wouldn't. All of his responses were based on insults directed towards our team. How can you fault someone for defending a team where his sons have played for numerous years. "The Squad" you are pathetic and this is coming from a teenager. So if you have to talk bad about one of our biggest supporters, I think that makes you the childish one. We got your back 82CAT!

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

This was a great hs football game. In the end, I think Smyrna's experience and leadership pulled this one out. From the looks of it in the first half, it appeared to be anyone's game. Smyrna couldn't takle my Great Aunt Sue, but WC couldn't capitalize. In the second half, WC shot themselves in the foot with a few COSTLY penalties at inopportune times and a couple of blown trick plays (fumbled lateral/double pass, and a misfired flea flicker). WC was able to run, but couldn't cash in. Finally, the Smyrna O ground out an impressive 7 or so minute drive capped off by a fg to push it to 10 with just over a minute left.

This was my first time reading this thread since before the game, and it dissappoints me to see this thread turned into whining and griping and namecalling. Everybody witnessed a great hs football game. Can we not just leave it at that?