MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood Academy will win.

Thats a given.

Hadoucken, please spare us your prediction (you stink at it)! I think your dislike for MBA has blinded you to reality. BA could win this game, but it sure is not a given. Both teams deserve to have a shot at the State Championship. If you take off your blinders you may be able to enjoy a classic High School football game / match up. Relax and enjoy.

Hadoucken, please spare us your prediction (you stink at it)! I think your dislike for MBA has blinded you to reality. BA could win this game, but it sure is not a given. Both teams deserve to have a shot at the State Championship. If you take off your blinders you may be able to enjoy a classic High School football game / match up. Relax and enjoy.

THANK YOU!!!!!

this really is what it's all about...two class programs. Two class coaches. Two teams who do it the right way. Again this is THE rivalry in Tennessee. Maybe it doesn't have the history, but it has the quality and "star power" that can't be matched anywhere in the state...and now we play again in the post-season for all the marbles.

I agree with flyby...any predictions at this point are just random guesses. This is one of those "too close to call" games....I'd say the difference will be a single turnover, a single big play on special teams, or a single big play from one side.

I'll take this opportunity to praise Coach McGuigin...what a fantastic first season, after all the controversy surrounding his hiring. Whatever happens this week, Coach McGuigin has demonstrated his worth...and that we have a lot to look forward to under his watch at MBA.

I want to echo those remarks. Coach McGuigin has done a fine job in his first year despite all the naysayers who didn't think he should get the job. I think he has proved them wrong.

I think everyone agrees.

smyrna ventured into the private school territory this year by having a fall scrimmage with MBA and of course played Brentwood Academy at Smyrna.

Based on what I saw I would go with MBA I think they are a little more balanced on offense.

Brentwood academys d lind can flat rush the passer but Smyrna was able to run right at them in the second half after our qb was out and they knew we were going to run. That was when we were sure our freshman tb could compete at the varsity level with 132 yards rushing on the night with no threat of a passing game.

That is not Smyrnas forte on offense and I beleive MBA is much more set up to run power football.

I see it as a close game between 2 very good teams

MBA 21

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY 17

Best bet is to ignore him . . . there is a lot of respect between these 2 schools (not "love" or even "like" - but certainly respect) which can be seen in the posts and hopefully on the field. This guy is a fan of niether school who just wants to stir things up. Anybody who knows these schools and saw the first game knows that the only certainty is that it will be hard fought.

smyrna ventured into the private school territory this year by having a fall scrimmage with MBA and of course played Brentwood Academy at Smyrna.

Based on what I saw I would go with MBA I think they are a little more balanced on offense.

Brentwood academys d lind can flat rush the passer but Smyrna was able to run right at them in the second half after our qb was out and they knew we were going to run. That was when we were sure our freshman tb could compete at the varsity level with 132 yards rushing on the night with no threat of a passing game.

That is not Smyrnas forte on offense and I beleive MBA is much more set up to run power football.

I see it as a close game between 2 very good teams

MBA 21

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY 17

You are extremely kind in your prediction. If BA plays like they played against Smyrna, we will lose by 3 touchdowns. We are fortunate to have developed a passing attack since the Smyrna game. We did not have one against Smyrna and got away with it. No such luck against MBA a couple of weeks later and there will be more bad luck for us, if we can't execute it on Saturday for sure.

Urgent Reminder to the MBA Faithful:

Donations to the Referees Fund are due in the office Thursday (as opposed to Wednesday for Friday games). Dig deep this week. While there's been no need for this payment the last three weeks, Saturday's game is against an altogether different class of opponent.

And if you have a little extra, the Umpire's Holding Insurance fund is dangerously low.