MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

It is also unfortunate that the game is the same week of Thanksgiving; that gives 2 reasons not to go to this game for Nashvillians:

1) It's at MTSU - Not a bad drive from Nashville, but then again, MTSU is MTSU.

2) Turkey - Doubt many people will be staying local over this holiday break.

Sadly, I dont predict a major turnout, but the faithful for both teams should fill enough seats to make it look important.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showing my age here but having played a state championship game on my home field, on the road, and at Vandy I can say I would much rather play on the road for the title, than at Vandy or MTSU. Those places are just too big and there is no electricity in the air.

I would much rather ride over to West End this weekend and lean on the fence with a standing room only crowd for the championship game than go to the Boro amidst 30,000 empty seats and those darn echoes.

But that aint happening until the private schools unite and cast of the second rate TSSAA and create their own organization that stands for what these fine private institutions accross the state stand for, excellence in mind, body, and spirit. I suggest some of the privates from surrounding states be included to create a Super Conference along the line of the old Mid-South Conference that all of you are too young to remember.

As for the game Saturday look for the Eagles to dominate as they have all season with the exception of their lackluster, Jordanless performance of mid year. As good as BA has been this year they seemed to have improved steadily since abandoning that idiotic spread offense. In all honesty I think this will be a route.

BA 35

MBA 13

I agree about the playing these games at big stadiums. Even though last years Smyrna vs Ravenwood game had a good crowd and was a good atmosphere I have been to a lot of bcbs bowls where it had zero atmosphere and felt like an empty crypt.

The semi finals at Smyrna's stadium between Smyrna and Ooltewah was the best hs atmosphere and crowd I have ever seen. It was packed around the field and loud.

I also like natural grass fields but there is no way it can hold up to as many as 5 games in 2 days like are played at MTSU especially this time of year when a couple freezes kill off the grass.

By the way you guys are pretty mean to each other on some of the earlier post------way to go!

I might go to this game just to see 2 guys wearing sweater vest and loafers fight /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

(that is a joke friends becuase you know that is what all us public school rednecks imagine /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

please no overall or trailer follow ups

As an outsider looking in I see it MBA 24 BRENTWOOD 21

Showing my age here but having played a state championship game on my home field, on the road, and at Vandy I can say I would much rather play on the road for the title, than at Vandy or MTSU. Those places are just too big and there is no electricity in the air.

I would much rather ride over to West End this weekend and lean on the fence with a standing room only crowd for the championship game than go to the Boro amidst 30,000 empty seats and those darn echoes.

But that aint happening until the private schools unite and cast of the second rate TSSAA and create their own organization that stands for what these fine private institutions accross the state stand for, excellence in mind, body, and spirit. I suggest some of the privates from surrounding states be included to create a Super Conference along the line of the old Mid-South Conference that all of you are too young to remember.

As for the game Saturday look for the Eagles to dominate as they have all season with the exception of their lackluster, Jordanless performance of mid year. As good as BA has been this year they seemed to have improved steadily since abandoning that idiotic spread offense. In all honesty I think this will be a route.

BA 35

MBA 13

I agree, I have seen every BA game this year, including the scrimmages. I just have a feeling that they are the better team, and will show that Saturday night. The regular season game was close, and it was BA's worst performance of the year, and yes, MBA fans, your team certainly had a hand in that! However, I just like our chances a second time around with our horses in tact. Also, let's not forget that Coach Potter is coaching in I believe his third State Championship game, and he has won a championship at McCallie. His experience is an advantage.

Actually it goes something like this:

End of regulation BA 7 and MBA 7

End of 1st OT BA 14 and MBA 14

2nd OT MBA scores FG 17 and BA scores TD 20. That is where the 20 comes from.

BA 20

MBA 17

2 OT

You may end up looking like a genius!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

As for the game Saturday look for the Eagles to dominate as they have all season with the exception of their lackluster, Jordanless performance of mid year. As good as BA has been this year they seemed to have improved steadily since abandoning that idiotic spread offense.

That is another variable that might favor BA. I was wondering if it would be mentioned. The old "I-Formation" compliments the current BA backfield sooo much more than the spread. Chris Jordan and Mason Graham with a head of steam has been working a lot better than our QB handing off to Chris Jordan and pretending to keep it, but never did he, even once, I don't think.

The old I Formation, ehhhhh????? Sounds like BA is going back to the basics! I like that. It makes more sense. Jordan needs a blocker. We would have done even better all season with this type of backfield.

I wonder if for old times sake, Coach Potter will start the game with Right 61 Trap out of respect for Coach Flatt? I don't remember too many games where Coach Flatt didn't start the game off any different. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I agree, I have seen every BA game this year, including the scrimmages. I just have a feeling that they are the better team, and will show that Saturday night. The regular season game was close, and it was BA's worst performance of the year, and yes, MBA fans, your team certainly had a hand in that! However, I just like our chances a second time around with our horses in tact. Also, let's not forget that Coach Potter is coaching in I believe his third State Championship game, and he has won a championship at McCallie. His experience is an advantage.

yes, but the head coach is not the only one whose experience counts, look at MBA's Counce Jr and Counce III, Brown, and especially Elliot

Even though we are 12-0 and beat BA in the rgular season, if I polled this blog we would be a decided underdog. Our boys relish that role.

Actually, you probably should do a recount. MBA is being picked many more times than BA. Your boys are going to have to come up with a different form of motivation -- "underdog" certainly isn't going to work. I don't think "smaller, better coached overachievers" will work either. They are going to have to play with the high expectations of most.