AE @ Fulton

Digger20

It did not surprise me at all to see AE stomping on the Falcon, again, before that game last night. As soon as they started I was thinking to myself "When will they learn?" That's just so disrespectful to Fulton and the winning program the Falcons have. All the Roadrunners did was embarass themselves, again. Did AE think they would intimidate Fulton? D Hump, Tyson, Vic Smith, T Cobb, Bubba Stokes. Those guys have played in big games before. They went to Harrison Smith and Catholic and got it done in a thriller. They went to Nashville, behind enemy lines, and handled a very talented Pearl-Cohn team. Most of all, they've been to Murfreesboro, the biggest stage of them all. Those guys won't be intimidated, espcecially by AE. What have they done? They beat Catholic last week. So? Gibbs almost beat Catholic. Anderson County almost beat Catholic. Kingston almost beat Catholic. That's nothing.

Once again, Fulton proves its dominance over the Roadrunners. The past 3 games haven't really been close. Maybe AE can start back at least giving Fulton good games next season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference in being competitive and just being disrespectful. If AE would stop acting like fools and go out and actually compete on the gridiron, then they might would have a shot at beating a Fulton. I like how the Falcons were all business and got it done. Fulton doesn't need to do that foolishness to win football games and the coaching staff over there won't allow it. Graham needs to get his ballclub in check.

Ditto...

You just had to be there to see it. Not only do they stomp, flaunt, and make a fool of themselves doing their NFL "gangsta" touchdown dances on the Falcon... they choose to run through our band's pre-game formation as if they were the home team and it was their band. It looked like a cheap B movie that was shot under budget. The good news is that Karma plucked their bird and the falcons devoured it like left over turkey the day after Thanksgiving.

Here's a clue for the clueless.... stop acting like uncivilized heathens... it only fires up the other team. Hence... you convincingly got your butt beat worse than the score indicated. Normally it's hard to beat a quality team 2 times in a season. Fortunately, when you approach the game with such arrogance and lack of discipline.... Karma happens.

It's a shame that a team with enough talent to beat a great team like Catholic has to "thug it up" and lay an egg in a game that should have mattered. There have been great teams with great individuals in the past to play for AE and have represented our region well. I would have been embarrassed if this current AE team would have won and represented our region in round four or the state championship game. Considering how many titles and championships Austin East athletics have won, you should look in the mirror and start acting like you've been there before. One day you'll understand what I mean. For right now, all I can say is.... "Bless your little heart."

No matter who you are for...or against....HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT KIDS IN SUCH A DISRESPECTFUL MANNER...KIDS WILL BE KIDS...BE A MATURE ADULT AND DON'T DOG THE KIDS...WITHOUT GOOD ROLE MODELS HOW WILL THEY EVER LEARN!

Teams take on the personality of the COACHES! They only will do what the COACHES let them! If you were at the game it is clear that AE has talent, but it has no CLASS. When you act like bad boys, you had better back it up. They were still acting like punks when the game was almost over. Even the AE ball boys were out of hand! If AE would wory more about the game, they would not have time to be THUGS!!! Just shut up and PLAY!! You will find out it works better!

RIPPER

okay im tired of everyone sayin 'gangsta' and 'thugs'. there's a difference between how you act and what you are. just because A-E acts like that, doesnt mean they are. people who say those things are prejudice because if Catholic or Oak Ridge or whoever else had done that, it would be a different story.

You're wrong...Carter acts the same way and they are talked about in the same manner. Besides when did "thug" become prejudice? The term "thugs" and even "gangster" originally were used (and are still used) to describe the lynchmen and mobsters of Italian and Sicilian mafia networks. Although "gangster" is a little strong, they are terms that are used to describe all people who use unethical, illegal tactics...hmmmm...I think it fits!

First of all I want to wish the Falcons luck next week and great win over the RoadRunners.

Road 2 Three--You have constantly put down many teams for things your maroon colored glasses seem to miss. A ritual that your falcons started a couple of years ago was to climb the opposing teams goal post and pad before the game. Along with allowing several players to play even after they were caught doing things that most coaches would have kicked them off of the team for. Not that the Fulton staff allows kids to do bad things, but just does not treat those that play equal to those that don't. Your sure sound like someone that probably lives somewhere other than where you went to school. Let me ask you do you live in the Fulton zone? Do you have a job? You have said before you go to school, but what other life do you have?

First of all I want to wish the Falcons luck next week and great win over the RoadRunners.

Road 2 Three--You have constantly put down many teams for things your maroon colored glasses seem to miss. A ritual that your falcons started a couple of years ago was to climb the opposing teams goal post and pad before the game. Along with allowing several players to play even after they were caught doing things that most coaches would have kicked them off of the team for. Not that the Fulton staff allows kids to do bad things, but just does not treat those that play equal to those that don't. Your sure sound like someone that probably lives somewhere other than where you went to school. Let me ask you do you live in the Fulton zone? Do you have a job? You have said before you go to school, but what other life do you have?

Goal post and team logo are two totally different things. The Falcon logo is a symbol of the school and by stomping and spitting on it, one is directly insulting and disrespecting that team, players, coaches, students and the school. The goal post is not a symbol of anything and the ritual is just a focal point to insight excitement for the team. Now if the Falcons went over to the opposing team's goal post and gathered around it during pregame warmups, now that would be a different story..who knows, if things continue to digress we will probably see that move next year from the Classless 'Runners.

Man, what are you talking about? Yeah, we climbed the goalposts, before EVERY game, including home games. It was a way for the team to get "hype" before heading into the locker room. We did it on our own goalposts, and sure, if we were on the road, then we did it on whatever endzone we were warming up on. It wasn't disrespectful in any stretch of the imagination. We never stomped on another schools logo at midfield, EVER. That is disrespectful, not doing something in our endzone, as a team, to get ready. I'm not the only one questioning AE's tactics on here, so don't single me out. AE acted like they had never been to that stage before as a team and truly embarassed themselves. Anybody at that game knows this fact. As far as my personal life, that's none of your business and I do live in Fulton's school zone. Ignorant people like yourself in the reason why I stopped posting on this board as much as I used to.

Bottom line. Coach Graham was quoted in the KNS as saying that the incident after the game at Catholic shed a negative light on the team, school, and community, and that he would talk to his players about it. Perhaps he did? Perhaps he did not? Either way, multiple messages are not getting through. Too bad for the kids; a lot of Baby Road Runners and Baby Falcons were most probably witness. Glad I wasn't. Again.

ruse?