AE @ Fulton

Digger20

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is gonna be a GREAT game...HUGE RIVALRY! I cannot believe the lack of media coverage last week on AE's big win....wow...that should be a huge motivation for those ROADRUNNERS!

FULTON may have experience...but AE has the heart...AE's coaches want this game...AE's team wants this game...AE's fans demand this game...not that FULTON doesn't!

I am going with FULTON 24

AE 27

Best of luck to both teams...may this be an injury free game!

There's a lot of things AE might want but will never get.... such as a 50 yardline logo to stomp on without consequences, a football field without a slope in the endzone, a concession's stand crew with costomer service, a pressbox crew allowing the visiting team's radio station to broadcast, and the last thing they won't get is a victory against Fulton in the Playoffs.

You might feel like this is your time, maybe you think your fans deserve it, perhaps the stars do happen to be aligned, or better yet...you can fill the "krunk" in your bones. Moral of the story... I don't care how big your Grinch-like Roadrunner heart grows, sometime you just don't get what you want.... and Christmas won't come early on Bob Black Field.

Turkey on Thursday, Roadrunner on Friday.

Go Falcons!

There's a lot of things AE might want but will never get.... such as a 50 yardline logo to stomp on without consequences, a football field without a slope in the endzone, a concession's stand crew with costomer service, a pressbox crew allowing the visiting team's radio station to broadcast, and the last thing they won't get is a victory against Fulton in the Playoffs.

You might feel like this is your time, maybe you think your fans deserve it, perhaps the stars do happen to be aligned, or better yet...you can fill the "krunk" in your bones. Moral of the story... I don't care how big your Grinch-like Roadrunner heart grows, sometime you just don't get what you want.... and Christmas won't come early on Bob Black Field.

Turkey on Thursday, Roadrunner on Friday.

Go Falcons!

i love it. turkey thursday, roadrunner friday. fulton is going to beat A-E i have no doubt. not as close as the experts think.

Come on Ruse! Shower us with your wisdom. I'm the sarcastic cattle-prod and your the logical stat-rat. The board is dying quickly with out you! Give us your take on the battle of the birds....

Ohhh.... please don't tell me you'll be going to Bearden / Farragut. I've made arrangements for a complimentary ticket, valet parking, a meal from Texas RoadHouse, and a pressbox pass for you! I want to give you a warm welcome to Falcon Country.

Hey Photo.

Just back from the woods with my birds in hand. Dead ones'. Not Falcons or little "beep beep" birds. Big ole, gnarly, mean Turkeys. Few more hours of feathers, blood, etc, and we should be set for the peanut oil, and the deep fry. For that and many other of this world's blessings, I am thankful. Did start out at the Bearden/Billy Blount game last week. Did not see that one coming at all. It was over by 1/2 time, if not before. Got to Catholic as the 2nd 1/2 began, and actually got in free. Another thing to be thankful for. Anyway, be back on the board on Turkey Day after tormenting the grandkids. Gotta love Trey Smith. Sounds like Tyson plays. D Hump will need to play well. I would look for a lot of Cobb w/ Stokes @ FB, and a good measure of counter/trap stuff. Happy Getting Fat Day everyone.

ruse?

Oh, I'd say Pearl Cohn has a chance. Danute Mason is like Montgomery, but with an Easy button. He should be the 3A back of the year. Saw PC take Howard apart during the first round, 28-0.

Lipscomb has a lot back form last year. Bigger, stronger OL than last year. Cammeron Hunt is a very good player. Holt is the RB they lacked last year, and gives them a chance at big plays as opposed to controlling the clock. Very good secondary, and a nice trio of LBs that blitz well. DL has more than a chance.

Photo, I appreciate the offer, but I am headed to the Bearden vs. Farragut game, and unless it is a blow-out early like Billy B. was`last week, I'll miss it. No offense intended, it's just that the better players are on that field tonight. I really like Bearden's SR. class with Shankles, Goodrich, Moore, and Goultry up front. Hallady, IMO is the 2nd best dual threat QB in the area behind Cobb at Alcoa, and he is also a heck of a DB. Works, Cunningham, Gunn are all fine RBs, and Pemberton, and Hammilton, solid LBs. I also think Andre Sterling gets about a much respect as Rogan got last year, which is not enough.

The 2nd half of the Catholic vs. AE game was strange to say the least. Catholic starts the 2nd 1/2 with a 10+ play, 90+ yd, 6:00 + minute drive, and just pushes AE all over the field. Trey Smith responds with a 1 play, 85 yd, 12 second drive that swipes the momentum...well in 12 seconds. AE's defense came alive, offense made some plays, and AE has momentum until about 4 minutes left when Catholic starts to run the option and scores with about 1:30 left. I usually watch coaches between plays, and Pemberton is telling the Side Judge that the AE kid is lined up offsides before the kick. Catholic onside kick, AE touches before 10, Catholic recovers. Flag, AE offsides, Catholic declines. Declination refused. Wasn't a dead ball foul. Ironic, because if Pemberton had not told the Side Judge that AE was off sides, Catholic would have in all likelyhood got the ball. They still would have had to score, being down a point, but they had Mo, and good field position. Who knows.

It will benefit AE to have Kenny Jones back with a full game under his belt. Trey Smith, Lincoln Anderson, and Co. will need to hang on to the ball. The pill will be hard and tight in the cold. Same goes for Humphrey, Tyson, and Vic Smith. I keep coming back to the Fulton vs. Catholic game as an indicator, and that was by far the worst game Fulton played this year, and Stokes got hurt early. That game would have been much closer. Second indicator would be the first game between these two. Fulton got busy @ AE's place. It was not that close. Third indicator is the 1st vs the 2nd AE/Catholic game. From what I saw, the injury bug decimated Catholic between the 1st and 2nd game. No Tait, Vann, some others, and in talking to folks at the game, Catholic lost their Center and RT early against AE last Friday. Fourth indicator is the "pucker" factor. Fulton's kids seem to play with no pressure, or fear of failure. Coaches too. Not many predicted them to be here. I admit, that I thought this would be a big year for AE. They do play tight sometimes. I like Fulton by a couple of scores.

Lastly, I was at the first AE/Catholic game, and yes a couple of Catholic fans/kids painted in their hideous blue and gold did try to plant a flag in the middle of the AE field before being brushed back by some Catholic coaches/administrators. Not even close to what I saw last Friday at Catholic. Coach Graham was quoted in the paper as saying he would talk to his players about it, that it reflected negatively on the school, community, etc, but that it was a big win. It was a big win, but which is it? It reflected negatively, and it won't happen again? Or it reflected negatively, but it's ok, becuse it is a big win? That situation was very close to getting ugly, and IMO, AE should be very thankful that Kenny Jones, Lincoln Anderson, and John Woods have the character and natural leadership that they exhibited. Fine young men. Keep it between the lines tonight guys. Good luck to both teams.

ruse?

I would encourage everyone to arrive early and see the show before the show. It will be interesting to see the testosterone level during the pre-game warm-ups. Finger pointing, chest bumping, war cries, and bottled up enthusiasm waiting to explode. It's always a hard hitting, down to the fourth quarter, passionate game with so much on the line for both schools and communities. My question to you is....Hmmm.... do you think AE will show their true tail feathers and stomp on the Falcon before the coin toss.... again? As I've watched them do this over the years, I use to think it was poor mentoring by their coaches, a sign of immaturity, lack of discipline, poor sportsmanship, lack of respect, and overall just classless behavior. But after dwelling and over-anylizing it, it then became clear... It was nothing more than their inner-child acting out the only way they could beat the Falcons in the playoffs. How sad that one has be-little their character & integrity in front of so many people.

So if you see them run out onto the field Stomping up and down over & over again on our beloved Falcon with their wonderful, friendly, mentoring parents & fans cheering them on.... just say to yourself as I do...."Bless there little hearts."

Go Falcons!

As someone who knows all too well about this rivalry, and what it means, especially in the playoffs....AE would be all too wise to stay off of that Falcon tonight. That, in my opinion, was always a sign of HUGE disrespect and as a player, always pushed my adrenaline over the edge.

Tonight is what it's all about as a high school football player. The traditional rivals go at it again in the 3rd round, like the good ole' days of Demarcus Stevens and Anthony McAllister battling it out over off of Martin Luther King....If you can't get up for a game like this, then you don't deserve a State Championship.

With Tyson playing, I like Fulton's chances at home. I'll go with the Falcons by 8. Should be a good one! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As someone who knows all too well about this rivalry, and what it means, especially in the playoffs....AE would be all too wise to stay off of that Falcon tonight. That, in my opinion, was always a sign of HUGE disrespect and as a player, always pushed my adrenaline over the edge.

Tonight is what it's all about as a high school football player. The traditional rivals go at it again in the 3rd round, like the good ole' days of Demarcus Stevens and Anthony McAllister battling it out over off of Martin Luther King....If you can't get up for a game like this, then you don't deserve a State Championship.

With Tyson playing, I like Fulton's chances at home. I'll go with the Falcons by 8. Should be a good one! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Road.

Good to see you back.

ruse?

Oh, I'd say Pearl Cohn has a chance. Danute Mason is like Montgomery, but with an Easy button. He should be the 3A back of the year. Saw PC take Howard apart during the first round, 28-0.

Lipscomb has a lot back form last year. Bigger, stronger OL than last year. Cammeron Hunt is a very good player. Holt is the RB they lacked last year, and gives them a chance at big plays as opposed to controlling the clock. Very good secondary, and a nice trio of LBs that blitz well. DL has more than a chance.

Photo, I appreciate the offer, but I am headed to the Bearden vs. Farragut game, and unless it is a blow-out early like Billy B. was`last week, I'll miss it. No offense intended, it's just that the better players are on that field tonight. I really like Bearden's SR. class with Shankles, Goodrich, Moore, and Goultry up front. Hallady, IMO is the 2nd best dual threat QB in the area behind Cobb at Alcoa, and he is also a heck of a DB. Works, Cunningham, Gunn are all fine RBs, and Pemberton, and Hammilton, solid LBs. I also think Andre Sterling gets about a much respect as Rogan got last year, which is not enough.

The 2nd half of the Catholic vs. AE game was strange to say the least. Catholic starts the 2nd 1/2 with a 10+ play, 90+ yd, 6:00 + minute drive, and just pushes AE all over the field. Trey Smith responds with a 1 play, 85 yd, 12 second drive that swipes the momentum...well in 12 seconds. AE's defense came alive, offense made some plays, and AE has momentum until about 4 minutes left when Catholic starts to run the option and scores with about 1:30 left. I usually watch coaches between plays, and Pemberton is telling the Side Judge that the AE kid is lined up offsides before the kick. Catholic onside kick, AE touches before 10, Catholic recovers. Flag, AE offsides, Catholic declines. Declination refused. Wasn't a dead ball foul. Ironic, because if Pemberton had not told the Side Judge that AE was off sides, Catholic would have in all likelyhood got the ball. They still would have had to score, being down a point, but they had Mo, and good field position. Who knows.

It will benefit AE to have Kenny Jones back with a full game under his belt. Trey Smith, Lincoln Anderson, and Co. will need to hang on to the ball. The pill will be hard and tight in the cold. Same goes for Humphrey, Tyson, and Vic Smith. I keep coming back to the Fulton vs. Catholic game as an indicator, and that was by far the worst game Fulton played this year, and Stokes got hurt early. That game would have been much closer. Second indicator would be the first game between these two. Fulton got busy @ AE's place. It was not that close. Third indicator is the 1st vs the 2nd AE/Catholic game. From what I saw, the injury bug decimated Catholic between the 1st and 2nd game. No Tait, Vann, some others, and in talking to folks at the game, Catholic lost their Center and RT early against AE last Friday. Fourth indicator is the "pucker" factor. Fulton's kids seem to play with no pressure, or fear of failure. Coaches too. Not many predicted them to be here. I admit, that I thought this would be a big year for AE. They do play tight sometimes. I like Fulton by a couple of scores.

Lastly, I was at the first AE/Catholic game, and yes a couple of Catholic fans/kids painted in their hideous blue and gold did try to plant a flag in the middle of the AE field before being brushed back by some Catholic coaches/administrators. Not even close to what I saw last Friday at Catholic. Coach Graham was quoted in the paper as saying he would talk to his players about it, that it reflected negatively on the school, community, etc, but that it was a big win. It was a big win, but which is it? It reflected negatively, and it won't happen again? Or it reflected negatively, but it's ok, becuse it is a big win? That situation was very close to getting ugly, and IMO, AE should be very thankful that Kenny Jones, Lincoln Anderson, and John Woods have the character and natural leadership that they exhibited. Fine young men. Keep it between the lines tonight guys. Good luck to both teams.

ruse?

Hey ruse?, I was wondering which game you'd be at tonight. I am going to the Pearl Cohn @ White House game this evening. The winner of that game will HOST the winner of this game here next week in the state semifinals. Come on over to the midstate next week to see that matchup and I'll be more than happy to meet you somewhere. Heck buddy I may even come off of the hip pocket and buy you dinner /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

On a personal note, I would love to see a Fulton @ Pearl Cohn REMATCH next week.

I would encourage everyone to arrive early and see the show before the show. It will be interesting to see the testosterone level during the pre-game warm-ups. Finger pointing, chest bumping, war cries, and bottled up enthusiasm waiting to explode. It's always a hard hitting, down to the fourth quarter, passionate game with so much on the line for both schools and communities. My question to you is....Hmmm.... do you think AE will show their true tail feathers and stomp on the Falcon before the coin toss.... again? As I've watched them do this over the years, I use to think it was poor mentoring by their coaches, a sign of immaturity, lack of discipline, poor sportsmanship, lack of respect, and overall just classless behavior. But after dwelling and over-anylizing it, it then became clear... It was nothing more than their inner-child acting out the only way they could beat the Falcons in the playoffs. How sad that one has be-little their character & integrity in front of so many people.

So if you see them run out onto the field Stomping up and down over & over again on our beloved Falcon with their wonderful, friendly, mentoring parents & fans cheering them on.... just say to yourself as I do...."Bless there little hearts."

Go Falcons!

Ditto...

You just had to be there to see it. Not only do they stomp, flaunt, and make a fool of themselves doing their NFL "gangsta" touchdown dances on the Falcon... they choose to run through our band's pre-game formation as if they were the home team and it was their band. It looked like a cheap B movie that was shot under budget. The good news is that Karma plucked their bird and the falcons devoured it like left over turkey the day after Thanksgiving.

Here's a clue for the clueless.... stop acting like uncivilized heathens... it only fires up the other team. Hence... you convincingly got your butt beat worse than the score indicated. Normally it's hard to beat a quality team 2 times in a season. Fortunately, when you approach the game with such arrogance and lack of discipline.... Karma happens.

It's a shame that a team with enough talent to beat a great team like Catholic has to "thug it up" and lay an egg in a game that should have mattered. There have been great teams with great individuals in the past to play for AE and have represented our region well. I would have been embarrassed if this current AE team would have won and represented our region in round four or the state championship game. Considering how many titles and championships Austin East athletics have won, you should look in the mirror and start acting like you've been there before. One day you'll understand what I mean. For right now, all I can say is.... "Bless your little heart."

Ditto...

You just had to be there to see it. Not only do they stomp, flaunt, and make a fool of themselves doing their NFL "gangsta" touchdown dances on the Falcon... they choose to run through our band's pre-game formation as if they were the home team and it was their band. It looked like a cheap B movie that was shot under budget. The good news is that Karma plucked their bird and the falcons devoured it like left over turkey the day after Thanksgiving.

Here's a clue for the clueless.... stop acting like uncivilized heathens... it only fires up the other team. Hence... you convincingly got your butt beat worse than the score indicated. Normally it's hard to beat a quality team 2 times in a season. Fortunately, when you approach the game with such arrogance and lack of discipline.... Karma happens.

It's a shame that a team with enough talent to beat a great team like Catholic has to "thug it up" and lay an egg in a game that should have mattered. There have been great teams with great individuals in the past to play for AE and have represented our region well. I would have been embarrassed if this current AE team would have won and represented our region in round four or the state championship game. Considering how many titles and championships Austin East athletics have won, you should look in the mirror and start acting like you've been there before. One day you'll understand what I mean. For right now, all I can say is.... "Bless your little heart."

Let me add to this...

Yeah...and just think, coach Graham repeatedly tells the media about how his team, the school and the neighborhood are always portrayed in a negative manner and thus his kids have no confidence and the wrong “mindset.” They just need to get some breaks and self-belief and they can overcome the “weight of the world" that is bearing down upon them!

Give me a break and keep the excuses coming. What these kids really need are coaches that leads by example and are catalyst for good character...not stand by and promote unsportsmanlike acts and third degree taunting. That is the wrong game to play with the Falcons...see the Falcons are proven winners, have been in this situation many times before and won’t back down from instigation or childish mind-games.

What the Roadrunners and their staff don’t understand is the fact that after winner numerous championships the Falcons are usually the hunted, as every team is pressing with all of their will to knock us off our high perch….but after stomping and demeaning our field logo several times, lining up on the sideline during pre-game cursing and taunting our players (with absolutely no coaching supervision I might add), running through our pre-game walkthrough and then degrading our logo once again, as your players run all the way to our sideline slapping our players and getting in their face before the coin flip--you then become the hunted. And what a feast your have become!

The Falcons take care of business, while the Roadrunners play there head games and head for the house!!! In the end, all the pre-game and on the field antics just discredits your program, your coaching and everything (the “mindset” and momentum) that your kids are trying to gain…and besides that, when you lose, you look like giant idiots!!