York Dragons vs. DCA Wildcats

asby69

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know York runs their wingt offense very well, doesn't Goodpasture run it also, and if so, would that favor DCA in their preparations?

For those that might know, has York faced a team with the passing capabilities of DCA this year (300 yards in the air against Tyner last week) and if so how did they look?

In my opinion, (doesn't mean much) these answers could go a long way towards determining Fridays winner.

Thoughts please? Only from Ministers and Alcoa fans though! JK

Thanks!... See I knew you guys aren't as bad as you have been made out to be by last weeks opponents... I appreciate the information and lets all hope it's an injury free competitive game for our kids...isn't that what this is all about... Our kids....

Looking forward to seeing that mountain... I have heard it's really nice up there!

Contrary to popular belief, Jamestown/Fentress County is a great place to visit and to live. We are not as rude or even prayeraphobia people that many have been led to believe.

This is a follow on post to the places to eat as previously posted. I hope this helps.

Have a safe trip up the Mountain!!

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

2007 REGION 4AA CHAMPIONS

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

Contrary to popular belief, Jamestown/Fentress County is a great place to visit and to live. We are not as rude or even prayeraphobia people that many have been led to believe.

This is a follow on post to the places to eat as previously posted. I hope this helps.

Have a safe trip up the Mountain!!

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

Ok, my friends, That's hospitality!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, my friends, That's hospitality!!!!!!!!!!!

You and all the other DCA fans/players etc are most welcome!!!

I can't wait until Friday night!!

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

Do you know what happen to the Crusade. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

this is about OUR FOOTBALL TEAMS not OUR RELIGIONS. don't criticize people for their beliefs and by whether or not they pray before a game...that's not cool and could be very offensive.

now lets start talkin FOOTBALL. Earlier someone said something about York running the Wing T? Well Goodpasture who has been one of dca's toughest opponents is also notorious for their near perfect execution of the wing t, and to my knowledge, the wing t was shut down on that specific friday night. I hope York has a couple more tricks up their sleeves! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As a city boy from Nashville, the plateau is "God's Country". Long ago, I went kayaking down the Clear Fork Creek/Big South Fork to Leatherwood Ford in the fall when the leaves were turning. To be down in the gorge at the Narrows surrounded by those big rounded boulders, the colorful leaves going up several hundred feet all around you, the cliffs, and the blue sky above you is a mystical (mythical?) experience. When I come up to the "mountain" on Friday afternoon, it will hard to leave without ever taking a hike through the many trails in the area. Man, I love the fall.

As I was looking at the map to plan the trip up, I noticed that the three teams that DCA is playing in the playoffs are located in an almost a straight line north-south. A worthless tidbit, but it is interesting to play teams to the east of us, rather than the old format where we always went west. Much more fun to go to Jamestown that to Camden or Milan, what a boring drive going west. Thanks for the list of restaurants. Knowing what the choices are makes it easier to past by Cookeville and spend our dollars in Jamestown.

Coming from Nashville, is it better to exit at Monterey and take HWY 62 over or go on down to Crossville and hit Hwy 127 there?

QUOTE(moxen)I know York runs their wing t offense very well, doesn't Goodpasture run it also, and if so, would that favor DCA in their preparations?

I didn't make all of the away games, but I think everybody DCA has played, except CPA, ran some kind of wing-t offense. The Dragons should have some early success running their wing-t because, as I understand it, they run a variation of it where the linemen are in tighter together on the line of scrimmage. If so, it might take awhile to figure out the blocking schemes. On the other hand, DCA runs out of the I-formation, running and passing equally well with a lot of big play capabilities.

this is about OUR FOOTBALL TEAMS not OUR RELIGIONS. don't criticize people for their beliefs and by whether or not they pray before a game...that's not cool and could be very offensive.

now lets start talkin FOOTBALL. Earlier someone said something about York running the Wing T? Well Goodpasture who has been one of dca's toughest opponents is also notorious for their near perfect execution of the wing t, and to my knowledge, the wing t was shut down on that specific friday night. I hope York has a couple more tricks up their sleeves! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You'll see York's execution of the wing T is outstanding. They make very few mistakes. They have good speed and will hit you.