York Dragons vs. DCA Wildcats

asby69

All kidding aside, if you (York) are undefeated at this point in the season, then you must be good. I think the Tyner folks were just supporting their team and being positive. After saying this, I like DCA's chances to move on, they have a good balanced team and they are playing good together, the chemistry is great. I am sure they will have to play their best game at this point, because all teams left standing are very good. DCA has been there before, and this experience will help. Alcoa should not even be in the conversation, hey, they may get their cans kicked this week. This is the game this week, doesn't matter who else is playingg, this is the game. My prediction DCA 20-York 14

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to DCA. I think you all win the game. But, I want York to advance.

York has good team speed for a rural school. Around these parts, they are pretty fast. They are more physical more than anything. Yes, I am talking about the "real" speed. Something they haven't witnessed all year. Just to give you an example. They were quoted in the Herald Citizen (Cookeville paper) as saying that Marion County (6-5) was the best team that they have played all year. I know DCA has speed. Smith County scrimmaged them and beat them 3-1. I think DCA has gotten considerably better. As a matter of fact, I know they have. And they have good team speed, faster than York. But, I have witnessed tons of York fans talking about how Alcoa was pretty fast but not very good. I want to witness that game. And that is the only reason I hope they advance. GO DRAGONS!!!

I believe you underestimate our speed. I believe that Cody rich is a fast player, when he broke through on what should have been a 60(?) yd TD. It ended up being a 20 yd run, he was caught by 3 York players from behind.

And the Marion Co. comment was a player that was being interviewed being respectful to that team.

And I don't believe that you have ever heard York fans or players saying that Alcoa isn't any good. Everyone in the state knows how good or great they are. Glad to see you still have time to cry and whine, I figured you would have already moved on to basketball season.

Ohhhh, pulling an old Glover action there huh? Hey Sunshine34, looks like Glover has rubbed off onto BigDaddy_1................ lol

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

2007 REGION 4AA CHAMPIONS

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

Never paid attention to glover doing that, but if he does, he is one smart fellar. I thought of it on my own.

In all seriousness, I didn't think York could beat a good team twice in one year. So, congratulations on the big win. I will be there again Friday. Good luck.

Are they an especially big team? SC looks huge to me and I was wondering how they were able to beat them twice in the same season.

No we are not big. We are strong and quick. Not saying that we are the fastest in the state. But our team speed is good all over. We have no big slow guys, they all are medium and overall fast. It should be a good hard hitting football game and believe me we are not looking past you guys. It is a week at a time, each game they will play as if it is their last. I suspect DCA will as well.

We were able to beat Smith County twice because we were the better team, we executed and played very physical. Smith Co. seemed to do a lot of excuse making after their first loss. Refs, bad brakes, etc... They came up here and expected to roll over us and before they knew it, it was over. That being said Smith Co. is a very good football team.

Are they an especially big team? SC looks huge to me and I was wondering how they were able to beat them twice in the same season.

They (YAI) are not a big team. SC line on both sides of the ball is considerably bigger. That and SC having #6 who is an exceptional running back is why I think that YAI has very good team speed (defensive) and they play good assignment football. I have not seen DCA play or do I know anthing about them however if a team is in the third round they have my congratulations and must be a respectable orginazation. Good luck to both teams hope it is injury free and i'll be their watching should be a thriller.

I believe you underestimate our speed. I believe that Cody rich is a fast player, when he broke through on what should have been a 60(?) yd TD. It ended up being a 20 yd run, he was caught by 3 York players from behind.

And the Marion Co. comment was a player that was being interviewed being respectful to that team.

And I don't believe that you have ever heard York fans or players saying that Alcoa isn't any good. Everyone in the state knows how good or great they are. Glad to see you still have time to cry and whine, I figured you would have already moved on to basketball season.

Hey option, hence the name, I am not that big of a basketball fan.

Yes, I did hear several York fans talking about if before the SC game. Don't tell me what I heard and what I didn't hear. Talk about something that you know about.

York being respectful, lol, too funny. York is a great football team. But respect is something that some Jamestowners don't show much of. That very reason being the only reason I want to see you all lose. Normally, I would be at every game supporting whoever was winning in the Upper Cumberland area.

Cody Rich is somewhat fast, but I wouldn't say fast. He is quick for sure, but fast, he is average speed. He didn't score, but the run was a 52 yard run, not a 20. Got to pay more attention options!!!

Never paid attention to glover doing that, but if he does, he is one smart fellar. I thought of it on my own.

In all seriousness, I didn't think York could beat a good team twice in one year. So, congratulations on the big win. I will be there again Friday. Good luck.

LOL.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Have a safe trip up the Mountain.

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

LOL.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Have a safe trip up the Mountain.

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

What was funny about that, asby???

Hey option, hence the name, I am not that big of a basketball fan.

Yes, I did hear several York fans talking about if before the SC game. Don't tell me what I heard and what I didn't hear. Talk about something that you know about.

York being respectful, lol, too funny. York is a great football team. But respect is something that some Jamestowners don't show much of. That very reason being the only reason I want to see you all lose. Normally, I would be at every game supporting whoever was winning in the Upper Cumberland area.

Cody Rich is somewhat fast, but I wouldn't say fast. He is quick for sure, but fast, he is average speed. He didn't score, but the run was a 52 yard run, not a 20. Got to pay more attention options!!!

I wasn't taking stats so hence the question mark by the numbers. I don't believe as much as you have ran your mouth, that you could justify judging someones class. You have to have some class to know what it is. You might want to tackle another topic!!!

What was funny about that, asby???

I guess that I'm easily amused /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

York by 10

DCA barley beat a bad Bledsoe Co. team in the 1st round

DCA had several turnovers, and the game was not as close as the score indicates and was one of the worst officiated games this season. DCA lost in a preseaon scrimmage to Smith CO but are playing really well right now. The edge might go to York as the home team but it will be very close. The question is can York defend the pass as DCA threw for 300 and still rushed for another 150 again a very athletic Tyner footbal team.