Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

I never expected this thread to be so dead especially on a Holiday week when more people are off. mtp looks like they are playing this game close to the chest. Do you know which player they had ejected out of the game last week, and what his involvement on the field is? Maybe they are overlooking us to the winner of the McKenzie/TCA winner. BTW who do you think takes that game?

it doesnt matter who got ejected, and I dont think anyone is looking over anyone, MTP will come to the DUNGEON ready to play as the DEVILS will be too, there are no bad teams this time of year, and personally there are no losers either, all these young men have give it their all since late July & the other game doesnt matter to JB or MTP I dont think. GO RED DEVILS !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are right about the lack of "smack talk". Both these programs greatly respect each other. I don't think you'll make anyone mad by suggesting that the design for your defense should be to try and shut Marco down--every defense we've played in close to four years has tried to do the same thing. We have been beaten but--none shut Marco down. I look for this to be a hard fought, tough game from start to finish--anything else would be a huge let-down.

I don't know you have one poster on here that gets real mad when you say you have to stop Marco to win /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . I really don't think that there is a defense that can completely stop him from running the ball. You just have to contain the damage and hope that your offense can keep up with him. I'm curious(and lazy or I would research myself) if anyone knows how many rushing yards he had the following games.

Jo Byrns - 2005, I know that this may be misleading because if I remember right he was cramping up in the game pretty bad.

Jo Byrns 2006

Moore County 2007

Moto the stats master you probably already have it looked up somewhere

it doesnt matter who got ejected, and I dont think anyone is looking over anyone, MTP will come to the DUNGEON ready to play as the DEVILS will be too, there are no bad teams this time of year, and personally there are no losers either, all these young men have give it their all since late July & the other game doesnt matter to JB or MTP I dont think. GO RED DEVILS !!!!!!!!!!

I agree with most of what you said I was kidding about being looked over. But the ejection it could make a big difference depending on the significance of the person who has to sit out the game. I would sure hate to be without Shane, Orlando or Aaron just to name a few.

I don't know you have one poster on here that gets real mad when you say you have to stop Marco to win /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . I really don't think that there is a defense that can completely stop him from running the ball. You just have to contain the damage and hope that your offense can keep up with him. I'm curious(and lazy or I would research myself) if anyone knows how many rushing yards he had the following games.

Jo Byrns - 2005, I know that this may be misleading because if I remember right he was cramping up in the game pretty bad.

Jo Byrns 2006

Moore County 2007

If not Moto--then wholder--I really don't know

That is absolutely correct about the Depot. There is also an O'Charley's and a greek italian resturant that serves a pizza that the best I've ever tasted. (WARNING shamelss plug for the concessions we are trying to pay off our new bleachers) If you are looking for food though hang out at our concessions we have a mean Pork Chop Sandwich, Chicken Sandwiches and burgers, frito pies and nachos oh and papa john's pizza with just about every fixin you can want (I'm sure that I'm forgetting something) I was just kidding about you guys overlooking us that's just wishful thinking for an easy game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I can't believe you are honestly trying to make me believe that y'all are taking on the roll of underdogs. I don't care what the polls say. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I feel that neither team is getting the respect that it deserves all anyone is saying is one of the other of us needs to beat an east or west team to be legitmate contenders go figure.

I remember your concession stand being very good. I hope to eat at one of the places you named and from the concessions later.

Well if he is important to their o-line then it could definately be an advantage to us. No, I really don't think that they are overlooking us either. I think they, like us, have a lot of respect for this game so the smack talk has been kept to a minimum. I also don't know if either team is down from last year or if other teams in each region are just playing better. Seems like everyone knows a lot about both teams this year.

With both teams offenses getting so much attention this year I can't wait to see what the defenses come up with. Marco Dailey has had a great year. I still think(even though this will make some mtp posters mad) I would try to design my defense around not allowing Marco to run all over us(easier said than done obviously based on his renomination for Mr. Football) The rest of the offense may step up but I wouldn't want Marco Dailey to beat us with his feet. Some other player or Marco's arm but not his feet.

Yea I'm sure the MP folks are sick of hearing the Marco argument. Marco is good and he plays a huge part in their offense but he's still only one of 11 guys. It's all about perception...If you go back and look at the JB/C'wood and the JB/MP game you'll see that both C'wood and MP played almost identical to one another offensively. Both scored 30 points; C'Wood rushed for 363 yards; MP rushed for 308. Now when you hear someone talk about C'wood last year you hear them talk about their line but when you hear someone talk about MP all you hear is Marco. Granted, C'wood used several backs compared to MP but the results were the same. It's not all about Marco but when thats all you think about then as soon as he does his thing you think it's all over lets go home. The real difference in those two games were C'woods turnovers and MP's defense. Their defense never gets the credit they deserve and neither does their line. My point is that MP is good and they're going to score some points(and Marco may be the one doing the scoring) but it's not the end of the world. JB will be in for a battle unlike anything they've seen since the WHH game. I can guarantee you that it won't be a 21 point victory for either team but rather a few points. The team that finds a way to win will win. It's not going to be because the other team was just so much better than the other.

I remember your concession stand being very good. I hope to eat at one of the places you nomed and from the concessions later.

you could stop by Mikes bbq on the way down 41n from springfield toward adams & cedar hill its just before you get into cedar hill on the left, he has of coarse bbq, chicken,slabs of ribs and all the fixins. I think I have heard Holder mention your name so if you guys are comin up early fri tell him to give me a call so we can hook up if possible, have safe travel and look foward to meeting some more coacht users, early if possible

Yea I'm sure the MP folks are sick of hearing the Marco argument. Marco is good and he plays a huge part in their offense but he's still only one of 11 guys. It's all about perception...If you go back and look at the JB/C'wood and the JB/MP game you'll see that both C'wood and MP played almost identical to one another offensively. Both scored 30 points; C'Wood rushed for 363 yards; MP rushed for 308. Now when you hear someone talk about C'wood last year you hear them talk about their line but when you hear someone talk about MP all you hear is Marco. Granted, C'wood used several backs compared to MP but the results were the same. It's not all about Marco but when thats all you think about then as soon as he does his thing you think it's all over lets go home. The real difference in those two games were C'woods turnovers and MP's defense. Their defense never gets the credit they deserve and neither does their line. My point is that MP is good and they're going to score some points(and Marco may be the one doing the scoring) but it's not the end of the world. JB will be in for a battle unlike anything they've seen since the WHH game. I can guarantee you that it won't be a 21 point victory for either team but rather a few points. The team that finds a way to win will win. It's not going to be because the other team was just so much better than the other.

Good post, I think that you are right this game is going to come down whose lines are playing the best. Neither team can afford the generosity of giving away turnovers either, I sure hope we got that out of our system last week. Turnovers can change the momentum of a game real quick.

you could stop by Mikes bbq on the way down 41n from springfield toward adams & cedar hill its just before you get into cedar hill on the left, he has of coarse bbq, chicken,slabs of ribs and all the fixins. I think I have heard Holder mention your name so if you guys are comin up early fri tell him to give me a call so we can hook up if possible, have safe travel and look foward to meeting some more coacht users, early if possible

We'll hollar at you.

Jo Byrns 2006

Moore County 2007

I know JB last year he had around 240 - 260 or so. Colton Morris had just about as many for JB.

Very good post MOTO24 , this - being home FRiday nights crap stinks to high heaven , wish we were still in the hunt but ,, oh well ,So you remember our pulling guards from last year , its a crying shame they graduated , they BOTH could of played this year . They graduated early ,,,, man what a team we would of had with them this year ... BUT dont think for one minute we arent loaded for BEAR next year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> only 6 seniors .... wholder , the bets still on isnt it /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> H-burger & coke isnt it ,,, Go Trojans

Hello MOTO,

Yeah but he is the only one outside of MP that has openly admitted it. That's why I like him. He is a Legend in my mind. Maybe he will show up at our game instead of that game over in the east.

Thanks for the Burger info. I had to check and make sure my sources weren't leading me astray.

The thing about that is TheLivingLegend is 487-479 on his picks this year. While I give him credit for having a winning record, when it comes down to it, he is not much better then 50/50 on the year. About as accurate as a coin flip. So with that being said, anyone can win this game, it should be another classic!