Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

The pass play in the end zone that was intercepted was right on the money, where it should have been put by Spann by what I saw. It was a good play by JB's. But #10 Houston just made a great jump up for the ball and broke up the pass and intercepted. That's a real good defensive play in my opinion, not a "mistake" by any means. If #10 didn't get the jump, that would have been a TD for JB's, no doubt.

Same thing on the way I look at the fumble. #10 for JB's made a great little reception in the middle of the field and was on his way fine when #30 Ju-Ju about took his head off. Man what a lick! That hit laid by #30 knocked the ball out of #10's hands and Ju-Ju played on the ball, scouped it up and took it to the house. Mistake on #10's part or just good play from #30? I say good play.

I guess it really just depends on how we interpret the game in our on minds. Not saying your opinion is wrong, it's yours, you have a right to it. But I'd say the JB's kids didn't make "mistakes". The mTp players just made some awesome plays. Just don't want any one feeling bad about it. Especially the boys involved. I hope you see what I'm saying. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck--hope MTP is in the Blue Cross Bowl. I did not mean to cause any controversy. I agree your kids made good plays. I, certainly, do not feel our kids let down either. As I stated earlier in another post the fumble was a forced play. The interception was a good play on your kids part and a big play in the game . My angle was not the same as yours. To be honest I hope your view of the interception is correct. I would not want Shane to feel upset. He has been so valuable to this team. Anyway I feel MTP is a class act and deserving of their success. Also, Marco Daily is a great athelete, but you have other young men who are very good. I was impressed with your O-Line. I,too, want the JBS players to know you have made so many of us proud. We as fans and parents owe you thanks for a great run. I am sure the MTP fans feel the same about their young men. (I mean no disrespect to your players number 10 and 30 both played really good games and made big plays. Nor am I trying to blame any JBS players for the turnovers. Two turnovers in a big game is not bad and they had them because of your kids being in position and playing hard. Football is for the atheletes and I do not want to show any disrespect to a high school athelete because to me HS football is the purest form of football played) The original post was intended to give credit to MTP controling the ball and not having turnovers. When you run 67 offensive plays without a turnover--that is impressive.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pass play in the end zone that was intercepted was right on the money, where it should have been put by Spann by what I saw. It was a good play by JB's. But #10 Houston just made a great jump up for the ball and broke up the pass and intercepted. That's a real good defensive play in my opinion, not a "mistake" by any means. If #10 didn't get the jump, that would have been a TD for JB's, no doubt.

Same thing on the way I look at the fumble. #10 for JB's made a great little reception in the middle of the field and was on his way fine when #30 Ju-Ju about took his head off. Man what a lick! That hit laid by #30 knocked the ball out of #10's hands and Ju-Ju played on the ball, scouped it up and took it to the house. Mistake on #10's part or just good play from #30? I say good play.

I guess it really just depends on how we interpret the game in our on minds. Not saying your opinion is wrong, it's yours, you have a right to it. But I'd say the JB's kids didn't make "mistakes". The mTp players just made some awesome plays. Just don't want any one feeling bad about it. Especially the boys involved. I hope you see what I'm saying. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />