Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

The thing about that is TheLivingLegend is 487-479 on his picks this year. While I give him credit for having a winning record, when it comes down to it, he is not much better then 50/50 on the year. About as accurate as a coin flip. So with that being said, anyone can win this game, it should be another classic!

Very true Predarat , it boils down to (who makes the least turnovers) , Both teams had their let down game Mp=MC JB= WHH , so with that being said ,,,, going to be a knock down drag out of a game , ill be pulling for MP in this one , hope lightning dont strike me dead /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Good luck to both teams and may it be injury free ... BigBigby if you all win it ,, i guess i will have to come to the next one just to meet you . have a nice trip , go region 6

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good post MOTO24 , this - being home FRiday nights crap stinks to high heaven , wish we were still in the hunt but ,, oh well ,So you remember our pulling guards from last year , its a crying shame they graduated , they BOTH could of played this year . They graduated early ,,,, man what a team we would of had with them this year ... BUT dont think for one minute we arent loaded for BEAR next year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> only 6 seniors .... wholder , the bets still on isnt it /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> H-burger & coke isnt it ,,, Go Trojans

You may have a bet with Wholder but don't forget about our bet for the burger and coke. I won't. After waiting all game I'll be real /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Preciate you pulling for us too.

I don't know you have one poster on here that gets real mad when you say you have to stop Marco to win /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . I really don't think that there is a defense that can completely stop him from running the ball. You just have to contain the damage and hope that your offense can keep up with him. I'm curious(and lazy or I would research myself) if anyone knows how many rushing yards he had the following games.

Jo Byrns - 2005, I know that this may be misleading because if I remember right he was cramping up in the game pretty bad.

Jo Byrns 2006

Moore County 2007

Moto the stats master you probably already have it looked up somewhere

'05=28 carries for 222 yards and 2 TD's

'06=32 carries for 290 yards and 3 TD's

MC=29 carries for 196 yards and 2 TD's

'05=28 carries for 222 yards and 2 TD's

'06=32 carries for 290 yards and 3 TD's

MC=29 carries for 196 yards and 2 TD's

Well it appears that if we can keep him under 250 yards rushing and hold him to two touchdowns we win /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> simple. Just kidding I know that its not that simple but it will be great if we can pull it off. I hope that our defense is practicing hard this week

Well it appears that if we can keep him under 250 yards rushing and hold him to two touchdowns we win /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> simple. Just kidding I know that its not that simple but it will be great if we can pull it off. I hope that our defense is practicing hard this week

I hope they are to. We don't want anything but your best.

I hope the same thing for our guys.

You know this being the 3rd match maybe we should play this one on a neutral field, maybe somewhere in Williamson County so neither of us have a long drive. I'm sure you guys will be willing to set this up for us! Right!!

You know this being the 3rd match maybe we should play this one on a neutral field, maybe somewhere in Williamson County so neither of us have a long drive. I'm sure you guys will be willing to set this up for us! Right!!

Nice try, but we really wouldn't want you to miss out on the hospitality of the Dungeon. You haven't been here in three years and there have been many improvements. How long will it take you to get here? I wasn't able to come to the jungle last year so I don't know.

Yea I'm sure the MP folks are sick of hearing the Marco argument. Marco is good and he plays a huge part in their offense but he's still only one of 11 guys. It's all about perception...If you go back and look at the JB/C'wood and the JB/MP game you'll see that both C'wood and MP played almost identical to one another offensively. Both scored 30 points; C'Wood rushed for 363 yards; MP rushed for 308. Now when you hear someone talk about C'wood last year you hear them talk about their line but when you hear someone talk about MP all you hear is Marco. Granted, C'wood used several backs compared to MP but the results were the same. It's not all about Marco but when thats all you think about then as soon as he does his thing you think it's all over lets go home. The real difference in those two games were C'woods turnovers and MP's defense. Their defense never gets the credit they deserve and neither does their line. My point is that MP is good and they're going to score some points(and Marco may be the one doing the scoring) but it's not the end of the world. JB will be in for a battle unlike anything they've seen since the WHH game. I can guarantee you that it won't be a 21 point victory for either team but rather a few points. The team that finds a way to win will win. It's not going to be because the other team was just so much better than the other.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It won't be enough later on in my opinion. Like this week probably shouldn't even be a close game, but it likely will be b/c of the system MP uses. I mean the have 6-5 230lbs college level tight end. Five or six guys that run 4.7 or better at reciever and don't use them. Houston, Corlew, Gilbreath, Stoops, McClenic, Clifton all have great speed and can catch the ball. Why does MP never use the screen, the dump pass, the slant???

The D has definitely gotten better with young fellas growing up. That 6-5 300lbs freshman w/speed he has scary potential to dominate.

Anyone 6'5 305 will dominate in 1A, The biggest lineman are about 185-225.

not on ur life pal we came there last year we be on our turf this year lol