Dobyns Bennett

Tribefb

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to clear a few things up that bother me when i read these posts by people who obviously need to pay more attention to this team if their going to get on here and argue with people thinking that theyre right when neither of them are

#1-Jordan Lawson is not a Linebacker he is a defensive end on that side of the ball, but next year probably will exclusively be a fullback blowing up holes for big 32

#2-Will Bateman as much as you may be sure about yourself is a much better end than he ever wouldve been a linebacker, theres this thing called coverage that linebackers have to do every once in a while, him and Fleming will be one of the best DE duos to ever go through DB

I'm just saying if your going to talk about who needs to play, please watch a practice and maybe all players wont make fun of you for acting like you know whats going on

Hmmm, don't need to watch practice when #45 says himself he practiced some at LB this year. And as far as WB playing pass coverage, that would have been a first for one LB this year. He blitzed %90 of the time. The "dog" LBs are the ones responsible for pass coverage. And that is from someone who doesnt have to camp out everyday at practice.

There is no doubt that Catfish does more with what he has than arguably anyone in the state and has his side of the game plan covered. I think this decision could be one of the most critical pieces to the future of this program.

There is a reason why Michael Graham Holt was coaching defense. Very heavily involved for a second year coach.

I too would hate it if Watson retired. His defense did a great job Friday. The offense was the problem - as usual. Improved, but no cigar. Need a new offensive coordinator. The head coach, needs to - head coach . Just my opinion .

I like Watson's energy and demeanor as the defensive coordinator.I don't know who would be an offensive coordinator on the staff if GC took a step back.Would coach be able to do that after so many years?Every coach has to question their own ability when things are not going smooth,I think Watson was even doing that the other night.It's important that our coaches keep their confidence up during the off season and get the team ready for the '08 season.We have a lot of good athletes coming back as well as some coming up. I look forward to seeing Jamie Crawford turn that big arm loose and run some option next year.Chris will know the offense much better next year.We will have some good skill people and big linemen.I hope we have learn something from not building depth this year.We have to be able to bring lots of players into the game and be fresh all over the field

Hey......The Village Idiot from Bristol is still trolling the DB threads. He's like a fan without a team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I guess we will have to consider it like Jethro showing up for the family Thanksgiving dinner today.That is,feed him all we can /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> and hope he's not smart enough to find his way back. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I guess we will have to consider it like Jethro showing up for the family Thanksgiving dinner today.That is,feed him all we can /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> and hope he's not smart enough to find his way back. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Very true! I bet he has eat so much "Crow" in his life that a little Turkey on Thanksgiving would be a real blessing to him.

Does anybody know when Dobyns Bennett will have their spring practice this year? The cold of January may have seperated a few from the team last year, that's about it.You have a couple of sports going on nomatter when you hold spring drills,so I don't understand why we didn't wait until it warmed up a little.I'm sure there was a reason that makes sense.I think the number of players was around 140,give or take at that time.It was much closer to half that by the very end.

Why not do like every other sport and have a cut,if that was some of the purpose.Your going to have parents that get mad when little Johnie is not playing,one way or the other.If you make a cut to 85 during spring practice,your going to still have plenty of players to build depth and get more reps at all points going into the season,including weight training.The outcome would be a stronger team with your best players.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last 2 times DB has not won the conference title (1999 and 2007) the team that did has went very deep in the playoffs. In 1999, a 7-3 Sevier County team went on to win the 5A title and this year Bearden has made it to the final 4 (so far) with a team that is rolling on and has a great shot at playing for it all (and a team that took it to the Region 2 foes that DB struggled with...so much for the tough schedule paying off). And this Bearden program was 1-9 just 3 years ago. And after the 8-7 loss earlier in the year, I did not think there was much of a difference in talent between the two...but Bearden has stepped it up and is playing lights out while DB is watching from the outside. Not sure how that applies to this thread but it sure is something that made me think.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last 2 times DB has not won the conference title (1999 and 2007) the team that did has went very deep in the playoffs. In 1999, a 7-3 Sevier County team went on to win the 5A title and this year Bearden has made it to the final 4 (so far) with a team that is rolling on and has a great shot at playing for it all (and a team that took it to the Region 2 foes that DB struggled with...so much for the tough schedule paying off). And this Bearden program was 1-9 just 3 years ago. And after the 8-7 loss earlier in the year, I did not think there was much of a difference in talent between the two...but Bearden has stepped it up and is playing lights out while DB is watching from the outside. Not sure how that applies to this thread but it sure is something that made me think.

Bearden did play Farragut during the season and made the adjustments to win the playoff meeting,as we did against Oak Ridge.I thought we could have played a lot better against OR then we did,but a win is a win.We just did not match up with Farragut well.One play against Bearden could have made a big difference,and then again we might not have matched up against the four seed well.We just have to be proud of this team from where they were and look at more talented teams that have not went very far,say Riverdale for example.