Haywood v. Mitchel 3rd round

SWO

i will not be at this weeks game... but i will make a prediction. i noticed that Mitchell beat Dyersburg by 11 points but i would agree that Mitchell "ran away with it" they were 7 scores from 7 offensive series. 500 yards of offense from one kid /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> what is your definition of dominating.

haywood will only need to score "half of 31"

i see haywood playing power football on offense to keep the ball away from Mitchell. and that strong d will slow him down a little.

Haywood- 21

mitchel- 13

You didn't see the Dyersburg-Mitchell game. What about Dyersburg's 5 scores on 6 offensive series? 392 yards of offense, with 352 on the ground. Dyersburg punted once and had one turnover. Dyersburg played "power football" against Mitchell, 352 yards worth, but Haywood does not match up well against Mitchell at all. The huge Haywood defensive front will run itself ragged chasing Torry. Haywood has run a 5-man defensive front for most of the year. When Mitchell comes with 4 and 5 wideouts, which they will do virtually every play, that puts safeties and linebackers into coverage against wideouts. Haywood's defensive front is better that Dyersburg's, but the Dyersburg linebackers are faster and more mobile. The Dyersburg defensive secondary had more speed than Haywood's but may not be as good at coverage technique.

Dyersburg ran 45 offensive plays against Mitchell, not counting penalties and the punt. The normal high school game will have between 75=85 plays, so it wasn't a question of ball control.

Haywood's best hope is falling outside as I write this--pouring rain and a slow field. Mitchell is the best 3-A team in West Tennessee--losses to Daphne, Alabama (6-A in Alabama), Whitehaven (5-A) and Fairley (4-A).

Haywood's offense is very suspect moving into the caliber of competition it now faces. Against Dyersburg, Haywood netted 50 yards on 30 rushing attempts, and averaged 2.67 yards per snap during the game, the lowest total against us this season. Haywood's only TD in regulation came on a 3-yard "drive" after a long kickoff return. After that, Haywood did not get inside Dyersburg territory in regulation. The Haywood defense is clearly a lot better than their offense, but I don't see any logic in hoping that Haywood's offense can play ball control and keep Torry and the Mitchell offense off the field.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haywood has run a 5-man defensive front for most of the year. When Mitchell comes with 4 and 5 wideouts, which they will do virtually every play, that puts safeties and linebackers into coverage against wideouts. Haywood's defensive front is better that Dyersburg's, but the Dyersburg linebackers are faster and more mobile.

Haywoods 5 man front did one hallava job against the passing attack of Dyer county (zero points) which i think beat Dyersburg so called faster secondary.

as far as dyersburg having faster Linebackers... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> puff, puff you need to pass it on...smoking to much.

392 yards of total offense v. the 500 yards of one player... are you trying to make a point that dyersburg didnt get beat that bad.

Mitchell-Haywood fans, need some help. Trying to create minature helmets of both schools for a website. Need either a picture posted or a description...to be posted on The Mustangfanpage.com Thanks

You might be able to get some idea of Haywood's helmet from this link. It is just a purple helmet with the player's number on the side. Haywood's Web Site (Photo Gallery)

Haywoods 5 man front did one hallava job against the passing attack of Dyer county (zero points) which i think beat Dyersburg so called faster secondary.

as far as dyersburg having faster Linebackers... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> puff, puff you need to pass it on...smoking to much.

392 yards of total offense v. the 500 yards of one player... are you trying to make a point that dyersburg didnt get beat that bad.

We'll talk after Friday night. I will be attending the game. I'll have no more to say until then.

Go ahead use your 5 man front and see what happens. Stowe wont/should not use it at anytime during the game!! To your account of DC 0 pts. Haywood had 3 big turnovers that decided that game or you would not be playing this weekend. You best "Hope" is Mitchell is as Generous as DC was to your 20 points scored . We all have to take the good with the bad knowing in reality turnovers penalities play the biggest part of which team wins any game. As im a region 7-3a fan I will be pulling for the Tomcats !

Augielio knows what he is talking about....HE HAS BEEN involved in Dyersburg Football since the 60's...And if HE SAYS KEN TORRY is the REAL DEAL then he is the REAL DEAL.... I spoke with Galilee and he said TORRY didn't play against Fairley... So Whitehaven which was rated in the top five in Class 5A and Daphe which is a NATIONAL powerhouse in Alabama... are the only teams that have beaten Mitchell.... Dyersburg ONLY beat them by one last year...And it seems that THE RECEIVERS are stepping up for Torry....Mitchell rolls in this one....

And GALILEE....I know I posted this on another thread...But Trey Vernon's father wanted me to POST A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU and everyone at Mitchell High School for the kindness and prayers you extended to he and his wife last friday night....Trey suffered a broken fibula and had his ankle put in a cast Monday in Jackson....I have known Trey's father all my life and he said : The people at Mitchell...Especially GALILEE were the nicest people in the world .....Here they were OUT OF TOWN ...With an INJURED CHILD...And you went out of your way to help them and be nice to them...He said you told them you would be PRAYING for them....The family really appreciated that...as well as the fans of DHS and the people of Dyersburg....And you couldn't have "prayed" for a better person IMO....Trey will be entering the ministry this fall after graduation as an ASSEMBLY of GOD preacher....I have a feeling Trey will make a GOOD ONE....Again thanks to Galilee and the people at Mitchell.....