Lewis county future

Stat_pack1

More teams in the 6-2A district should "schedule up". Lewis Co played five teams this year that went to the playoffs. Hickaman,Fairview,Richland(from their own district). Then two teams from the "non-district" schedule, Mt. Pleasant and Wayne Co. (Both 1A schools). But the other two "non-district" games where 0-10 teams. Ezell Harding and Waverly. (East Hickman was also 0-10..so that brings the total to 3!!)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More teams in the 6-2A district should "schedule up". Lewis Co played five teams this year that went to the playoffs. Hickaman,Fairview,Richland(from their own district). Then two teams from the "non-district" schedule, Mt. Pleasant and Wayne Co. (Both 1A schools). But the other two "non-district" games where 0-10 teams. Ezell Harding and Waverly. (East Hickman was also 0-10..so that brings the total to 3!!)

Well,I'm tired of hearing about how it's these private's schedules making them SOOO good,but we're not going to get into that on this thread.So,Lets get back to talking about these SUPER SOPHOMORES!!(or now SUPER JUNIORS)and next years SENIORS.

Well,I'm tired of hearing about how its these privates schedules making them SOOO good,but we're not going to get into that on this thread.So,Lets get back to talking about these SUPER SOPHOMORES!!(or now SUPER JUNIORS)and next years SENIORS.

n wat bout these freshmens that r comming up 2 be sophomores?????????? i thot i add them in there since u left them out lol

Well,I'm tired of hearing about how it's these private's schedules making them SOOO good,but we're not going to get into that on this thread.So,Lets get back to talking about these SUPER SOPHOMORES!!(or now SUPER JUNIORS)and next years SENIORS.

Thats what I've been looking for........how many of the now sophmores will be starting next year...to fill in so many openings. To bad that group didn't stay together during these past 2 years. Would have be able to help fill in. Seen the film on them.......from when they were 8 and 9 grade.....what a gritty bunch they were. They found a way to way so many times.....either last second catch, a punt return, a kickoff return or someone making a big run when they needed it. Watched the civic bowl with these kids......very impressive. Big runs...kick off returns, pinning them back with kick offs and on-side kicks that were recovered. They had alittle bit of everything. Watched a film of them in 9th playing Hickman county I believe.....they really took it to them in the game I saw. Kick offs for touch backs, and the 3 backs they had 37, 22 and 25 ran all over them. Even took one back on kick off. I was told that they returned a punt return and kick off return twice against Hickman county in the 8 and 9 grades. To bad that bunch isn't still there.

LCHS (coaches)seem like they were blessed with talent for about 3 years in a row.....! Our bunch just wondering now how they will do next year...and the following year.

well that just means one thing. LC dont want to get better, were satisified with a 15-0 season limited post season.

Thats what I've been looking for........how many of the now sophmores will be starting next year...to fill in so many openings. To bad that group didn't stay together during these past 2 years. Would have be able to help fill in. Seen the film on them.......from when they were 8 and 9 grade.....what a gritty bunch they were. They found a way to way so many times.....either last second catch, a punt return, a kickoff return or someone making a big run when they needed it. Watched the civic bowl with these kids......very impressive. Big runs...kick off returns, pinning them back with kick offs and on-side kicks that were recovered. They had alittle bit of everything. Watched a film of them in 9th playing Hickman county I believe.....they really took it to them in the game I saw. Kick offs for touch backs, and the 3 backs they had 37, 22 and 25 ran all over them. Even took one back on kick off. I was told that they returned a punt return and kick off return twice against Hickman county in the 8 and 9 grades. To bad that bunch isn't still there.

LCHS (coaches)seem like they were blessed with talent for about 3 years in a row.....! Our bunch just wondering now how they will do next year...and the following year.

yea i've followed this sophmore class since there seventh grade yr. it is a tramendous loss in the back feild with no #37 for them.#22 has good speed and is pretty powerful.in there freshman yr they had a lot of talent on there side. the offensive line in the hickman co. game was great.i think with sophmores(juniors next yr) like #77 Paxson Spears,#53 Caleb "Fido",#65 Tyler Hinson, #13 Austin Jones,#22 Caleb Sherman, and #88 Josh Trull. this group is pretty good. does any body know what happened to the other tackle who was with this group in there freshman yr?And on another note, this freshman bunch(sophmores next yr) has a whole weaponry of talent on there side.good luck to the Panthers next yr! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

well that just means one thing. LC dont want to get better, were satisified with a 15-0 season limited post season.

I have seen this all over coachT, a tougher schedule would help. I have a question...no doubt Goodpasture plays a very tough schedule. Now if they go to the boro and lose,does that mean they have to get a tougher schedule? That isn't always the answer, does it hurt to play competitive teams no, unless you lose one of your main players that you would count on for the season, A lot of teams , especially in 2A , don't have as much talent as say Goodpasture (deep). If they were to lose one or two of their starters by "playing up", and then struggle in their region because of it, how does that improve them? I guess my point is, playing doesn't guarantee a more successful season just because of that. Some years regions them self offer all the competition most teams would want. If a region is having a down period, the tough games are not there enough. But the years they are up, wouldn't that be enough to prepare for Playoffs. So I feel that the answer doesn't soley depend on "playing up".

A game here and there with a level up don't hurt, but the risk of many is high for injury, and a lost season if the injuries would go past 2 starters in the smaller schools. Just a way I see it...or as they say "an opinion".

yea i've followed this sophmore class since there seventh grade yr. it is a tramendous loss in the back feild with no #37 for them.#22 has good speed and is pretty powerful.in there freshman yr they had a lot of talent on there side. the offensive line in the hickman co. game was great.i think with sophmores(juniors next yr) like #77 Paxson Spears,#53 Caleb "Fido",#65 Tyler Hinson, #13 Austin Jones,#22 Caleb Sherman, and #88 Josh Trull. this group is pretty good. does any body know what happened to the other tackle who was with this group in there freshman yr?And on another note, this freshman bunch(sophmores next yr) has a whole weaponry of talent on there side.good luck to the Panthers next yr! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Do you know his number, I can ask a friend of mine over in Lewis. He has the film on most of this groups games.

Well, As the ADVISOR advised your Mayor mid-season, until the non-region schedule stengthens with higher calibur teams, the Panthers will not play a Thankgiving weekend game!! This is a shame for all Hohenwald fans in that the "Black Friday" is one of the best times to renew old friendships at High School stadiums across the state!! Schedule better or find a coach that is willing!! This is just my advice..........I'm not AVERAGE!!

Your rant would probably hold more water if we had lost to someone other than a team we had already beaten. You are engaging in an argument that is not logical. I deal in facts not hypothesis.