Harpeth vs. CPA

basktballa12

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA by 8

well i guess i can throw my two cents in!!! i think that CPA in Harpeths gym equals no win! from what i saw friday night vs. Kenwood, Harpeth can scrap. Harpeth found themselves down early in the second half but battled back and got the victory! the crowd in this one pulls out the win in a hard faught battle! Harpeth over CPA by 10!! good luck to both teams!

(Watchout for that Trey Caruthers, he has been jumping through the roof so far this season!!) /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You must be kidding about the guard play. Let's just look at the numbers. The three CPA guards Miller, Anderson and Reeves went for over 200 threes last season. All three are returning starters. It is true that Z and everyone else must stay out of foul trouble. That is the danger zone for CPA although they came through it with a win over Livingston Academy on Saturday night.

Oh and by the way. CPA beat Harpeth by 30 this summer. Again it's those silly little numbers that we go by. Giltner is good and will be tough. Should be a good game.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Summer camp? The ones where you play 3 or 4 games in a day and one team might have them spread out through the day and the other might play all their's in the evening?

I wouldn't put much stock in how things go during a summer camp. Coaches are experimenting with lineup possibilities, inserting new plays in the offense and spreading out the P.T. If I recall, CPA was the last in the evening session that Harpeth started in the afternoon and Giltner and Trey Carruthers didn't play.

This should be a good ball game. Harpeth graduated 3 contributors. As far as starters go, one to 3 of those guys started throughout the season. This year, 6 of the 7 seniors, a junior and a sophomore all got significant minutes last year. The post is where Harpeth has matchup problems with CPA, not guard play. Harpeth is going to have to box out and rebound well to win.

Either way, I don't see CPA by 20.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Summer camp? The ones where you play 3 or 4 games in a day and one team might have them spread out through the day and the other might play all their's in the evening?

I wouldn't put much stock in how things go during a summer camp. Coaches are experimenting with lineup possibilities, inserting new plays in the offense and spreading out the P.T. If I recall, CPA was the last in the evening session that Harpeth started in the afternoon and Giltner and Trey Carruthers didn't play.

This should be a good ball game. Harpeth graduated 3 contributors. As far as starters go, one to 3 of those guys started throughout the season. This year, 6 of the 7 seniors, a junior and a sophomore all got significant minutes last year. The post is where Harpeth has matchup problems with CPA, not guard play. Harpeth is going to have to box out and rebound well to win.

Either way, I don't see CPA by 20.

Any updates ??

70-53 CPA. I heard it was a good game up until the second half. I am sure Coach Wilson will be figuring things out and you will see an even better game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks ! Nice to be able to put up 70 ..... CPA may be for real ??!!

lets see one word.......Z.....the kid straight up dominated this game dropping 33 on Harpeth...they simply could not stop the kid.....it was a very good game up to half but after Hunter miller scored either 4 or 6 in the last 8 seconds of the 1st half (i cant remember) which really set up the 2nd half that CPA dominated....also Giltner for Harpeth was a very good player i dont know how many points he scored though.... all in all though it is november and both teams have a TON of time to improve

lets see one word.......Z.....the kid straight up dominated this game dropping 33 on Harpeth...they simply could not stop the kid.....it was a very good game up to half but after Hunter miller scored either 4 or 6 in the last 8 seconds of the 1st half (i cant remember) which really set up the 2nd half that CPA dominated....also Giltner for Harpeth was a very good player i dont know how many points he scored though.... all in all though it is november and both teams have a TON of time to improve

Giltner had 17. The second game will be better, and I will definitely be there. I see both of these teams making it to state this year. It would not suprise me one bit. Both teams have great coaches, who will do nothing but get these kids better.

I have to say im impressed. CPA winning on the road at LA and Harpeth. Im a WHITE HOUSE fan , and i would love to see Z go up against BigDaddy from White House, and i would love to see Miller go up against the Flash. White House doesn't play a hard non-district schedule this year which could come back to haunt them. CPA is obviously playing tough teams which will help them down the road. The difference i see in the teams is White House is all seniors and CPA is mainly juniors. I also think Maddox is a very good coach. All 3 of these teams could be going to state this year. But let me tell you Memphis is loaded this year in AA. Mitchell is very good and so is Dyer Co. who beat us last year in the state tourney at a shot at the buzzer. Dyer has everyone back. Also Boliver , Howard , and BTW will be very good teams this year. I believe AA will be better then AAA this year. As a matter of fact I would have CPA and WHITE HOUSE both ranked in the top 5 in the Midstate this year. I would have

1-Antioch

2-White House

3-Gallatin

4-CPA

5-Clarksville

I understand Clarksville beat Gallatin by 3 tonight, but the game was at Clarksville. And i also want people to understand that White House has 13 or 14 varsity basketball players (football) out right now. I know Giltner is a great shooter, and im sure Harpeth will be better as the season goes by. But right now those (well after football is over) i think those are the best 5 in the midstate.