5 Rivers Conference All Conference Players

justafan12345

Is there any voting about coach of the year in five rivers conference? If there is I'm casting my vote for Coach Rider now. A little bias on my part but what a job he's done here in 3 short years. The other coach I would have to consider and so does everyone else is GHS's coach, what an outstanding first year.

Now I'm fluttered????? Would you mind explaining your bias. What has happened in 3 years?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm fluttered????? Would you mind explaining your bias. What has happened in 3 years?

Well I thought my screen name here would say plenty enough to explain why I would favor Volunteer. And in a short explanation of the 3 years, I believe that Coach Rider has assembled an excellent coaching staff with some of those final pieces just coming aboard this year. He has been able to (in my mind) transform the entire culture of not only the players and the school but the entire community as well. I told my wife when he first came here that his biggest challenge wouldn't be the players but winning over this community and getting them excited about football again. I've seen attendance go from 100 fans a game to almost packed stands and we repeatedly brought more fans than our opponenets home fans brought this year. He is instilling a tradition of winning at Volunteer that hopefully will just continue to grow and infect everyone around Hawkins county. Hopefully we'll need to build a visitors side soon to pack all the fans in. I hope this unflutters you.

Well inAll-Greene co football team Jeremy Barner (GHS) got Offensive player of the year, Joel Brimer (GHS) got Defensive Player of the year, Charlie Arrington (GHS) punter, Lance Bailey (GHS) Defensive Back, Chad Castainca (GHS) Kicker, Cody Duncan (GHS) Offensive line, Ryan Duncan (GHS) linebacker, Cline Everhart (GHS) offensive line, Ryan FIllers (GHS) Wide receiver, Jordan Greenway (GHS) Quarterback, Trevon Hall (GHS) Linebacker, Eric Idell (GHS) Linebacker, And Coach Steve McCurry (GHS) Coach of the year

I wish we could just elect all the players from the VHS squad! What an outstanding group of young men on and off the field, but I know thats not possible so:

OFFENSE:

#7, #32, #12, #3

The entire O-Line should be considered but this one is a tough call so I'll let it stand at that.

DEFENSE:

#64, #19, #45, #22

I can't remember numbers and names of other players in the conf. we played but there are 3 guys that stand out to me from last weeks game.

#7 (probably the best running back in our conference)

#70 & #74 on the O-Line (dominating blockers)

#7,#12,#3, #32,#54,#64,#45, I have to diagree on your two dominating blockers since in the Greenville game

when #64 was given the ball #74 was his blocker and he didn't block and #64 was put on the ground. If the block

had been made it could have made a significant differnece in the score. In the scheme of things this was a great

year for the Falcons and we all should be proud to know such a great group of outstanding young men.

Well I thought my screen name here would say plenty enough to explain why I would favor Volunteer. And in a short explanation of the 3 years, I believe that Coach Rider has assembled an excellent coaching staff with some of those final pieces just coming aboard this year. He has been able to (in my mind) transform the entire culture of not only the players and the school but the entire community as well. I told my wife when he first came here that his biggest challenge wouldn't be the players but winning over this community and getting them excited about football again. I've seen attendance go from 100 fans a game to almost packed stands and we repeatedly brought more fans than our opponenets home fans brought this year. He is instilling a tradition of winning at Volunteer that hopefully will just continue to grow and infect everyone around Hawkins county. Hopefully we'll need to build a visitors side soon to pack all the fans in. I hope this unflutters you.

[/q

VERY WELL SAID FALCON DAD 74, WE ALL AGREE ON THIS ONE.

#7,#12,#3, #32,#54,#64,#45, I have to diagree on your two dominating blockers since in the Greenville game

when #64 was given the ball #74 was his blocker and he didn't block and #64 was put on the ground. If the block

had been made it could have made a significant differnece in the score. In the scheme of things this was a great

year for the Falcons and we all should be proud to know such a great group of outstanding young men.

If you'll read before responding you will clearly see that I was mentioning number #70 and #74 from Greenville's offensive line. And if you'll read a little further back in the thread I said all of the O-line for the Falcons should be considered. And dont think that I don't know who missed that block on 4th & 2!, my son reminds me of it every nite since he was the one who missed the assignment. And dont say he didn't block he blocked but he just blocked the wrong one. Its still bothering him today but he'll learn from it and be better for it. But there were sure alot of other opportunities out there that could have changed that game besides that one block, dropped passes, overthrown passes, missed blocking assignments by the entire O-line, punting from our own 34 yard line, etc.... And I would sure like to think that 1 missed block by any one player during the duration of an entire football game changes the total outcome.