Marion County

DelTavian

Back to the point, when do the powers that be hope to have a new man in place? Bill or somebody that knows care to shed any light? From a coaches point of view, you need to be there by February at the latest to foster the necessary rlationships for a program to be a success.

OK... my FOURTH and FINAL post on this thread. Patience is a virtue..... obviously one that has been lost on this thread.... Rest assured that a new coach will be named before February.... everyone just needs to take a few deep breaths, relax, enjoy the Holidays and College Bowl Season.... Let the powers that be take care of hiring the new coach..... Regardless of how much you talk about it on here, you aren't getting an answer before 2008.... so chill out... and above all MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... my FOURTH and FINAL post on this thread. Patience is a virtue..... obviously one that has been lost on this thread.... Rest assured that a new coach will be named before February.... everyone just needs to take a few deep breaths, relax, enjoy the Holidays and College Bowl Season.... Let the powers that be take care of hiring the new coach..... Regardless of how much you talk about it on here, you aren't getting an answer before 2008.... so chill out... and above all MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!!

Well stated PG, Everyone needs to just kick back, drink a little egg nog and get in the Christmas spirit. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You seem to be backing out of some of your earlier posts. You wanted Gudger gone earlier in this thread. Seems like you are getting a little scared now that DHP has been telling Gudger what you are saying about him on here. As for the wrestling match that Legend recommended, if Bill49 can't be the referee, then NOHOPE or DieHardPurple could possibly step in as the special guest referee.LOL. Its all fun and games.

Leon...there you go again showing your ignorance. I am not backing down from anything. I don't care who tells whom about what I say on here. I have called it like I see it since the beginning of the season. I will not stop. I said earlier that if Gudger was going to be let alone, then he needs to be gone...for his sake and the programs. However, if a new coach comes in and takes him under his wing, from what dhp has alluded to, Gudger is willing to learn, so he could be a good coach.

From what I saw earlier in the season, it seemed that he just added confusion on the sidelines. If the new coach doesn't help to guide the assistants, then they will never learn the traits they need to become effective coaches.

Bottom line...if the new coach takes the assistants and reigns them in so they can learn to be effective, then I don't care who the assistants are. But, if the new coach comes in and just allows people to run rampant...yes...Gudger and a few others would be better off to move on.

Now Leon, please stop. As far as I knew, DHP and I had finally made each other understand our positions earlier. You on the other hand don't understand at all. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Egg Nog? That stuff is gross. I wouldn't wish for any young lad to have to drink that stuff. I hope Marion County gets a true Living Legend coach. I mean, everyone knows there is a difference in a legendary coach and one that has no credentials. Back in the day when I was in school, we were at the top of the mountain. Rome wasn't built in a day and this program won't be built in a year either. It is going to take at least a couple of years to start to get back to respectability. Another thing to think about is the feeder program comment that someone brought up. If a feeder program doesn't win, then it is very unlikely that those same kids will be world beaters as they move up. I am not saying they can't mature and get some better, but I think everyone needs to be satisfied with baby steps. The bottom line is this. There is no state championship coming in the next several years. IMO, the best goal for Marion County to have right now is to consistently finish in the top two in the region and host some playoff games. Who are some of the newest applicants? Did Boeck, Gudger or Kirkpatrick apply for the job?

Well stated PG, Everyone needs to just kick back, drink a little egg nog and get in the Christmas spirit. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey MCRW...

Would it not be better for the new coach to be named before school comes back in session in the spring? (This of course is assuming that the administration already has interviewed everyone that they are planning on.)

I would think you would want the new coach around the kids as long as absolutely possible.

Hey Mr. Hooker, I wasn't trying to make anyone mad at you. I was just gigging you a little bit. Do you have a favorite out of the list of candidates?

Legend, after this year...I am used to people misinterpreting what I say and getting mad at me. I don't care...I will continue to call it like I see it.

I don't really have a preference. I personally think it would be better for the program right now to hire someone outside of MC football. I understand heritage and the power it has, but...look at Alabama since Bear left. Other than Stallings...duds because they couldn't see the need to get away from a Bama boy for a HC. Sometimes, people can be too close to the program and that in turn causes problems. So, I think it would be better to hire from without...but I guess that's why I am not in the admin.

Egg Nog? That stuff is gross. I wouldn't wish for any young lad to have to drink that stuff. I hope Marion County gets a true Living Legend coach. I mean, everyone knows there is a difference in a legendary coach and one that has no credentials. Back in the day when I was in school, we were at the top of the mountain. Rome wasn't built in a day and this program won't be built in a year either. It is going to take at least a couple of years to start to get back to respectability. Another thing to think about is the feeder program comment that someone brought up. If a feeder program doesn't win, then it is very unlikely that those same kids will be world beaters as they move up. I am not saying they can't mature and get some better, but I think everyone needs to be satisfied with baby steps. The bottom line is this. There is no state championship coming in the next several years. IMO, the best goal for Marion County to have right now is to consistently finish in the top two in the region and host some playoff games. Who are some of the newest applicants? Did Boeck, Gudger or Kirkpatrick apply for the job?

Heard it tonight, Coach Boeck will be the next coach at Marion. That is a pretty good hire, I guess because he is kind of old school and will be tough on the kids and they will be ready to play come fall. I have heard this from a very very reliable source and I say congratulations and good luck!!!!!

I say just take two weeks off, then shut the program down, not really, but guys, you run Tim Taylor off, who is probably one of the best coaches in the valley, not to mention a cut his head off before he would let anybody harm the program type of person. Did such a good job his last year he was the head Coach for the East West all star game. By the way that firing made you folks look like a bunch of idiots in the coaching community. I just have a feeling, that you folks like the few years before, and the few years before that, and the few years before that. Not to mention the two years from now are going to be the talking about the same ole crap. I don't see anyone critisizing the middle school. What have they done in forever? That is your feeder program. What has Sequatchie Middle school done lately. For that matter what has any of the middle schools in this valley done with the exception of the Pirates. In the valley the tallent pool is shallow, and the fans are trying to play in the deep end of the pool. I don't know who the next victim will be, but good luck.

Coach Taylor was done wrong at MC. I agree that his finest year was probably the year he got fired. All coaches are hired to be fired or at very best forced to leave. Don't get on here and say stuff about MC when the same thing is being done up the road. How was Vernon Holtcamp treated before he left for his retirement? How was the Possum treated when he retired from the sidelines. Whitwell is definitely not a place that a lot of good coaches want to call home for very long either.

Whats up guys? I am new here! I have been reading here for a while, and laughing at Volhooker and everybody else. Anyway I want to throw in my 2 cents on the assistants situation. I think that good help is hard to come by, but Gudger, Coach K, and Boeck were not the problem on the sideline this year. Jason is a good dude. I have known him most of my life. He like every other coach in Marion County history was up against a Legend in Colquette! Jason will move on and make some other school a good coach.

Our problem in my opinion is not just who our coach is at the High School Level. We need to be on the same page at all levels of our program. I am not die hard veer, but what ever we run needs to be ran from pee wee on up! A good middle school coach would serve us well. The fact is our Middle School program was winless this year, and only scored in 2 ball games. If this is our future then it does not matter who our coach is.

If Boeck is the new coach like someone said earlier, then I am all for it! If not I hope we go outside and bring in someone who doesnt know the "Legacy" of Marion County football and is not intimidated by the ghosts of our past!

What do you think?

This post is getting old. It's 2007 not 1987!

So what you're saying he was a good coach but now he is not, why because he's older. I guess all older guys should go away. Gary Rankin keeps winning, maybe you guys should get a clue. You guys loved the man now you don't. That's why you'll never be back on top again

Whats up guys? I am new here! I have been reading here for a while, and laughing at Volhooker and everybody else. Anyway I want to throw in my 2 cents on the assistants situation. I think that good help is hard to come by, but Gudger, Coach K, and Boeck were not the problem on the sideline this year. Jason is a good dude. I have known him most of my life. He like every other coach in Marion County history was up against a Legend in Colquette! Jason will move on and make some other school a good coach.

Our problem in my opinion is not just who our coach is at the High School Level. We need to be on the same page at all levels of our program. I am not die hard veer, but what ever we run needs to be ran from pee wee on up! A good middle school coach would serve us well. The fact is our Middle School program was winless this year, and only scored in 2 ball games. If this is our future then it does not matter who our coach is.

If Boeck is the new coach like someone said earlier, then I am all for it! If not I hope we go outside and bring in someone who doesnt know the "Legacy" of Marion County football and is not intimidated by the ghosts of our past!

What do you think?

Exactly !!!! I made this same statement on another thread about Marion. It all begins with the young kids. Every program has to be on the same page. When they get to high school, they can run the schemes in their sleep. The Middle School has got to turn it around. They need help in a bad way. Need some "football minds" there badly. Bottomline...... successful programs start from the ground up. Everyone wants the Marion of old.....well that's how we did it at Marion in the day. Stop all the "in-fighting" and get together on all of this. Support whoever is hired and then get all the programs from peewee on up to communicate.