Marion County

DelTavian

Whats up guys? I am new here! I have been reading here for a while, and laughing at Volhooker and everybody else.

Well...I always consider it a job well done if I can make someone laugh during the day!!! Welcome to the board and just realize that some on here are WAY too intense! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If Boeck is the new coach like someone said earlier, then I am all for it! If not I hope we go outside and bring in someone who doesnt know the "Legacy" of Marion County football and is not intimidated by the ghosts of our past!

What do you think?

This is what I have been saying all along...we need someone from outside the history of the program...I agree totally!! Also, like I said before...if the new coach takes the assistants under his wing so they can learn before they "teach"...then I am fine with them being there...BUT...if the new coach doesn't do that, then I think it's a mistake and there will still be some problems on the sideline.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard it tonight, Coach Boeck will be the next coach at Marion. That is a pretty good hire, I guess because he is kind of old school and will be tough on the kids and they will be ready to play come fall. I have heard this from a very very reliable source and I say congratulations and good luck!!!!!

Anybody believe this (not questioning you, truth, just figured if it was official, there would be tons of posts saying so, not just yours)? It sounded like they were keeping everything under wraps, has anybody else heard this? Just wondered, Purplegrad had said something about no announcement until 2008, but I guess great if they figured it out.

Heard it tonight, Coach Boeck will be the next coach at Marion. That is a pretty good hire, I guess because he is kind of old school and will be tough on the kids and they will be ready to play come fall. I have heard this from a very very reliable source and I say congratulations and good luck!!!!!

Bill49, can you shed some light on this rumor?

So what you're saying he was a good coach but now he is not, why because he's older. I guess all older guys should go away. Gary Rankin keeps winning, maybe you guys should get a clue. You guys loved the man now you don't. That's why you'll never be back on top again

I think that he meant that Ken isn't interested in the Marion job. He has moved on and hasn't put in an application.

Anybody believe this (not questioning you, truth, just figured if it was official, there would be tons of posts saying so, not just yours)? It sounded like they were keeping everything under wraps, has anybody else heard this? Just wondered, Purplegrad had said something about no announcement until 2008, but I guess great if they figured it out.

It is unofficially official, so to speak. Just remember, you heard it hear second. I think that someone else has said that earlier, but I have heard it from a quality source.

I say just take two weeks off, then shut the program down, not really, but guys, you run Tim Taylor off, who is probably one of the best coaches in the valley, not to mention a cut his head off before he would let anybody harm the program type of person. Did such a good job his last year he was the head Coach for the East West all star game. By the way that firing made you folks look like a bunch of idiots in the coaching community. I just have a feeling, that you folks like the few years before, and the few years before that, and the few years before that. Not to mention the two years from now are going to be the talking about the same ole crap. I don't see anyone critisizing the middle school. What have they done in forever? That is your feeder program. What has Sequatchie Middle school done lately. For that matter what has any of the middle schools in this valley done with the exception of the Pirates. In the valley the tallent pool is shallow, and the fans are trying to play in the deep end of the pool. I don't know who the next victim will be, but good luck.

Yeah, Tim sure was a great coach,LOL!! He, in fact was such a great coach that he was made fun of by other coaches in the mid nineties for yelling at the kids and not knowing why he was yelling. Also, another point on him being great, how many head jobs has he had since that job? Some people are better assistant coaches and Taylor is one of them, that is why he hasn't been a head coach since!!!!!!!

So what you're saying he was a good coach but now he is not, why because he's older. I guess all older guys should go away. Gary Rankin keeps winning, maybe you guys should get a clue. You guys loved the man now you don't.why yo That's u'll never be back on top again

Dude, you have such great insight. HAHA just kidding. That isn't what I meant at all, but you like so many others jump to conclusions. Yes KC was a great coach. But he hasn't been very successful since 95. What, one year at Grundy! All I was saying is that he hasn't applied, and usually if you don't apply, you don't get the job! So chill out. And that last comment you made on this post: You can take that attitude somewhere else.

I say just take two weeks off, then shut the program down, not really, but guys, you run Tim Taylor off, who is probably one of the best coaches in the valley, not to mention a cut his head off before he would let anybody harm the program type of person. Did such a good job his last year he was the head Coach for the East West all star game. By the way that firing made you folks look like a bunch of idiots in the coaching community. I just have a feeling, that you folks like the few years before, and the few years before that, and the few years before that. Not to mention the two years from now are going to be the talking about the same ole crap. I don't see anyone critisizing the middle school. What have they done in forever? That is your feeder program. What has Sequatchie Middle school done lately. For that matter what has any of the middle schools in this valley done with the exception of the Pirates. In the valley the tallent pool is shallow, and the fans are trying to play in the deep end of the pool. I don't know who the next victim will be, but good luck.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TIM THE MILKMAN TAYLOR IS ONE OF THE BEST IN VALLEY HE MIGHT THE WORST BUT THAT IS IT possum has to be the milkman or be related to the milkman to say something like that

This could be a good hire if it is true. I think Coach Boeck can be a true Living Legend. He seems to be really sharp and could be a good coach for the future. One question, who exactly fired Coach Evans? Did Coach Boeck do that or was that from higher ups? I was just curious if it was legal to fire someone and then name yourself. I thought I read in the paper a month ago where he was talking about what Marion was looking for in the next coach. There have been many Living Legends that have walked the sidelines at David Baxter Stadium in the past, starting with David Baxter himself, then we went into the Colquette era. After Coach Ken left, the program was still in good shape with Coach Pickett. He was a defensive mastermind. Coach Taylor also did a pretty good job for the talent base he had. After Coach Taylor came Coach Pruitt, who was an offensive mastermind. Coach Pruitt left and the hometown Living Legend Coach Evans took the reigns for a short 2 seasons. If now is indeed the time for Coach Boeck to shine then by all means let's get it on. Goodluck to Coach Boeck if he is indeed the new coach for all of these young lads that wear the purple and white.

Dude, you have such great insight. HAHA just kidding. That isn't what I meant at all, but you like so many others jump to conclusions. Yes KC was a great coach. But he hasn't been very successful since 95. What, one year at Grundy! All I was saying is that he hasn't applied, and usually if you don't apply, you don't get the job! So chill out. And that last comment you made on this post: You can take that attitude somewhere else.

Have you ever heard of recruiting a coach? You get what you ask for.

Leon...there you go again showing your ignorance. I am not backing down from anything. I don't care who tells whom about what I say on here. I have called it like I see it since the beginning of the season. I will not stop. I said earlier that if Gudger was going to be let alone, then he needs to be gone...for his sake and the programs. However, if a new coach comes in and takes him under his wing, from what dhp has alluded to, Gudger is willing to learn, so he could be a good coach.

From what I saw earlier in the season, it seemed that he just added confusion on the sidelines. If the new coach doesn't help to guide the assistants, then they will never learn the traits they need to become effective coaches.

Bottom line...if the new coach takes the assistants and reigns them in so they can learn to be effective, then I don't care who the assistants are. But, if the new coach comes in and just allows people to run rampant...yes...Gudger and a few others would be better off to move on.

Now Leon, please stop. As far as I knew, DHP and I had finally made each other understand our positions earlier. You on the other hand don't understand at all. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Hooker,

You are the one that is confused. You and Old Pirate seem to have something in common. Does your wife use those frying pans on you like Old Pirate's wife does? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bill49, can you shed some light on this rumor?

Before somebody says it, NO I DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING!

I am as close to the ends and outs of MC as anyone on here and I can tell you without hesitation that the job has not been given to anyone as of 12 / 14 / 2007. All this speculation about the job already been given to Coach Boeck comes from one family. I am not going to say what family but I know. Coach Boeck, Coach Kirkpatrick, and Coach Gudger have been working exetremely hard to clean up the pigpen ( a dirty slovenly place ) that the players have had to dress in for the past couple of years. Yes, Coach Boeck is leading the charge since no head football coach is on duty at this particular time and he is the Assistant Principle and Athletic Director at the school.

Like has already been stated a great number of times on this thread, several people have been interviewed and about 3 are legit contenders to be the next head coach. Coach Boeck is probably one of the three contenders. But I am here to tell you that the other two candidates have very good resumes'.

Stop all this hearing from close friends and a reliable source crap and just enjoy the CHRISTmas holidays. The administration, Mrs. Prince and Coach Boeck, are taking their time and will pick the best candidate available AFTER CHRISTmas!!