Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you be an athlete and not play sports?

He means they don't play organized sports. Chase James' grandmother was one the best athletes

I've seen...she could lay you out in a sandlot football game as well as knock one out of the park almost at will /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

asby your a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All week I read your posts slamming DCA. Don't you realize how bad it makes your team look? Some on here saying DCA probably #3 in Alcoas district. One even said Rockwood finishes ahead. You lost to DCA. With this logic if all of you were in same district, you don't make the playoffs.

BTW, TDwhatever your wasting your time arguing the R word. Is there something wrong with a kid trying to better himself? You should be ashamed of even thinking that one that is less fortunate should be denied the opportunity offered by such a great academic school as Alcoa. There is nothing wrong with recruiting great students to come to a great academic school where D1 talent year in and year out fails to meet NCAA minimum standards.

I will say you are about STUPID because Shivy came from Jeff. Co. Where did you get NC from?? You must have us mixed up with another team of yours. Maybe we do have a few starters that tranfered in, but did those 5 or 6 players do most of the damage tonight? Alcoa's skilled players and most key players are BORN AND RAISED IN ALCOA YOU FOOL!!! Why would I lie?? I guess I was recruited to go to Alcoa also huh?? I mean I do own a few state records in track and own 8 state titles?? Does that mean I was recruited because I was successful?? You have no idea what kind of athletes we have in Alcoa and some of our best athletes don't even play sports!

dude you just made yourself look stupid by admitting your team is a bunch of transfers! at least you are honest and can admit it!if you had to pick from native alcoa students you would be on the same playing field with the rest of the 2a public schools,an average team! but anyway congratulations ,ya will more than likely recruit$ your way into another title ,no matter that is not a true alcoa team!!

asby your a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All week I read your posts slamming DCA. Don't you realize how bad it makes your team look? Some on here saying DCA probably #3 in Alcoas district. One even said Rockwood finishes ahead. You lost to DCA. With this logic if all of you were in same district, you don't make the playoffs.

BTW, TDwhatever your wasting your time arguing the R word. Is there something wrong with a kid trying to better himself? You should be ashamed of even thinking that one that is less fortunate should be denied the opportunity offered by such a great academic school as Alcoa. There is nothing wrong with recruiting great students to come to a great academic school where D1 talent year in and year out fails to meet NCAA minimum standards.

ha ha ha /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> you're funny....

Tell me something are your eagles still flying or have they had their wings clipped?

dude you just made yourself look stupid by admitting your team is a bunch of transfers! at least you are honest and can admit it!if you had to pick from native alcoa students you would be on the same playing field with the rest of the 2a public schools,an average team! but anyway congratulations ,ya will more than likely recruit$ your way into another title ,no matter that is not a true alcoa team!!

You are one ignorant and bitter person...you need some glasses as well because he did not admit the the team was a bunch of transfers. "not a true Alcoa team" rubbish the ones that scored tonight were from ALCOA. Yeesh what a idiot

ha ha ha /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> you're funny....

Tell me something are your eagles still flying or have they had their wings clipped?

I'm not sure? They've only lost 1 game this year. You figure it out?

Congrats to the Tornadoes, lets bring 2 more gold balls back from the Maryville/Alcoa December home for high school football (Murfreesboro). As a former graduate of AHS (Class of 74), I pull for the Tornadoes every week, well except the first game vs. Maryville. Hey, I have worked for Maryville PD for 26 years and I know where my check comes from, LOL. Best of Luck TORNADOES!!!!

P.S. Falcons, bring another back with you'all and show them again this area has the best football in the state!!

I came from a great tradition of football in Alabama. Our team won the state 2 of four years in the late 70's early 80's. It is a great game that i played all the way to college. I know what it takes to have a great football team. Alcoa has that spark. Most football programs have cycles. Alcoa just is a football player making machine! (I moved to Alcoa a few years back because my blushing bride is from here).

I cant tell you why it is so other than tradition and pride but Alcoa does produce some incredible athletes. And it is very much a year over year thing. I have had the fortune to watch some of these kids play since they were tikes. I can remember watching Cobb as a Freshman and wondering how he even could walk around on those sticks God have given him for legs. (This also applies to others too not just Cobb) Some how, some way, maybe it is the water or something, these kids turn into great athletes.

it is very easy to think that Alcoa has to be doing something to keep the pool of talent they do but as an outsider to Alcoa i can tell you it just happens. If you don't believe come over and watch some peewee football here some time. Look at all the kids. Come back in 5 years and watch them again.

In closing, I can tell you that when we moved back i was not really interested in living in Alcoa at first till i spent 3-4 months here by myself till my wife had finished her job and our boys were on summer break and could move over. If you are not from here you will think it is some small bedroom community of Knoxville, However if you ever get the chance to see how the teachers react to the students, how there is an honest to God family atmosphere in the schools, and where Alcoa pride is not just a saying but a way of life. Till you see how they rank academically not only in the state but against the national average and what fine young people there are in this tiny school. When you see these things you can finally understand.

Probably the most telling thing to consider about the tradition and expectations of Alcoa sports is that in a school of less then 500 that they field a team of 80 or so boys. Figuring that half of the students are girls, many of who are good athletes as well, it speaks volumes of what it means here to be an Alcoa Football player.