Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

You are one ignorant and bitter person...you need some glasses as well because he did not admit the the team was a bunch of transfers. "not a true Alcoa team" rubbish the ones that scored tonight were from ALCOA. Yeesh what a idiot

maybe you need to go back and read post337 and read the statment where alcoa champ 5 said that maybe we do have 5or6[8or9 truthfully] TRANSFERS that came from somewhere besides alcoa that happen to play football there for some reason$ or another and say that is a true alcoa native [recruited] football team.like i said before ,the reason rankin came there is becuase the recruitment is much better than riverdale,everyone knows that, be proud of it! iwish we could$ do it!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came from a great tradition of football in Alabama. Our team won the state 2 of four years in the late 70's early 80's. It is a great game that i played all the way to college. I know what it takes to have a great football team. Alcoa has that spark. Most football programs have cycles. Alcoa just is a football player making machine! (I moved to Alcoa a few years back because my blushing bride is from here).

I cant tell you why it is so other than tradition and pride but Alcoa does produce some incredible athletes. And it is very much a year over year thing. I have had the fortune to watch some of these kids play since they were tikes. I can remember watching Cobb as a Freshman and wondering how he even could walk around on those sticks God have given him for legs. (This also applies to others too not just Cobb) Some how, some way, maybe it is the water or something, these kids turn into great athletes.

it is very easy to think that Alcoa has to be doing something to keep the pool of talent they do but as an outsider to Alcoa i can tell you it just happens. If you don't believe come over and watch some peewee football here some time. Look at all the kids. Come back in 5 years and watch them again.

In closing, I can tell you that when we moved back i was not really interested in living in Alcoa at first till i spent 3-4 months here by myself till my wife had finished her job and out boys were on summer break and could move over. If you are not from here you will think it is some small bedroom community of Knoxville, However if you ever get the chance to see how the teachers react to the students, how there is an honest to God family atmosphere in the schools, and where Alcoa pride is not just a saying but a way of life. Till you see how they rank academically not only in the state but against the national average and what fine young people there are in this tiny school. When you see these things you can finally understand.

Probably the most telling thing to consider about the tradition and expectations of Alcoa sports is that in a school of less then 500 that they field a team of 80 or so boys. Figuring that half of the students are girls, many of who are good athletes as well, it speaks volumes of what it means here to be an Alcoa Football player.

Great post K12

It's been that way since I lived and played on two championship teams...speaking of academics...I'm a college graduate with a Master's already and presently enrolled in a MS/PhD program at Loyola of MD and will start taking courses toward my D.Min in the fall.

Alcoa, you guys are the real deal. I do wish our boys would have been a little better prepared for the game than they were though. Lots of mistakes on our part and y'all capitalized on them. We only left Hodge open two or three times all night and when we did BAM! a screen that goes for about 30 yards. Whether your "open zoning" is the R word or not you have a spectacular football team. I can only pray that you move up to 3a next year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

maybe you need to go back and read post337 and read the statment where alcoa champ 5 said that maybe we do have 5or6[8or9 truthfully] TRANSFERS that came from somewhere besides alcoa that happen to play football there for some reason$ or another and say that is a true alcoa native [recruited] football team.like i said before ,the reason rankin came there is becuase the recruitment is much better than riverdale,everyone knows that, be proud of it! iwish we could$ do it!

hmmm let's just see how stupid and illiterate and how off base your logic really is not to mention poor math skills. Since when did 5 or 6 (or 8/9) out of 80 equal "a bunch"?

That's because every single "REAL" public school fan knows that your success is artificial. It is not an even playing field. Simple as that.

like i've said about alcoa,everbody knows , even yourselves, why do great athletes,coaches, just happen to transfer to alcoa?? could it be to win/$$ state titles or the great academic skills??

Alcoa, you guys are the real deal. I do wish our boys would have been a little better prepared for the game than they were though. Lots of mistakes on our part and y'all capitalized on them. We only left Hodge open two or three times all night and when we did BAM! a screen that goes for about 30 yards. Whether your "open zoning" is the R word or not you have a spectacular football team. I can only pray that you move up to 3a next year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yeah the F5 is the real deal...what did you think of Troy's replacement (Toney) as well as those freshmen fullbacks?

Sykes, Shiverdecker, Lankster, Lindsay to name a few.....didn't qualify for NCAA Division 1 football. Try your academic card at the next spelling bee. They can spell fast and win. Man are they smart or what?

Lanxster did qualify FYI. Also Shiverdecker went to CN and I believe he was in the school and on the team. How about Love (UT walk on), White at Austin Peay, numerous others. How about Thompson who plays now, Robinson, Cobb, and many others. How about how they rank on state tests and overall quality of education, highest paid teachers. Yeah you can pick out a few but in all honesty you are ignorant, sorry to say. So apparently a small sample outweighs averages. Nice try. BTW, those 5 to 6 transfers could have come im MS or elementary school and I doubt they were approached by any coaches and begged to come and play.

That's because every single "REAL" public school fan knows that your success is artificial. It is not an even playing field. Simple as that.

Maryville is winning big right now because of George Quarles and that coaching staff. Coaching means everything in the world. Look at Marion County when Ken Colquette was there and look at them now. Look at Cleveland when Benny Monroe coached there and Cleveland now.

Maryville is winning big right now because of George Quarles and that coaching staff. Coaching means everything in the world. Look at Marion County when Ken Colquette was there and look at them now. Look at Cleveland when Benny Monroe coached there and Cleveland now.

I completely understand what you mean REBELRON. Unfortunatly it is easier to criticize and complain than it is to look and understand. All the people who despise MHS and AHS do so because we win state. They can't understand things such as this. Add talent, heart, and coaching and you will need to build a bigger trophy case.

I completely understand what you mean REBELRON. Unfortunatly it is easier to criticize and complain than it is to look and understand. All the people who despise MHS and AHS do so because we win state. They can't understand things such as this. Add talent, heart, and coaching and you will need to build a bigger trophy case.

THIS IS NOT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUOTE BUT A RESPONSE TO ASBY69. YOU WERE RIGHT MAN THEY WERE BETTER THAN US A LOT BETTER. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS RIGHT TOO. TO BE HONEST I WAS BEING NICE LAST WEEK YOU AND YOUR DRAGONS WERE HORRID AND IF ALCOA BEAT US BADLY IT WAS BETTER YOU AND YOUR DRAGONS OR MOUNTAIN (BUMP BOYS ) GOT DESTROYED THE WEEK BEFORE BECAUSE THEY COULD HAVE EASILY STOPPED YOUR TERRIBLE OFFENSE AND YOUR SOFT D WOULD HAVE BEEN CARVED UP. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO DO THAT YOU DON'T DO. STILL STAY ON MY TEAM SIDE YOU BANDWAGON TRAITOR.