Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

Smyrna's toughest game was the one they played last night. All they need to do is play their game from here on out...but they will have to keep their heads in it and play hard. The East has only won once aganst the middle lately and that won't change this year.

Good luck to both teams Friday night.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said it all year. BEARDEN IS A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is true. Last night bearden shook their mental block and beat Farragut. Not to mention that the defense held the Mighty Andre Sterling to under 100 yards for I believe the first time all season. And that's just the defense. Torey Works ruined the farragut D for four touchdowns and around 150 yards. This will be a close one, but the BEARDEN bulldogs will pull it out just like they have ever since Sept. 14.

refresher

round one:

cookeville - to physical and disciplined for smyrna will run right at smyrna. smyrna 2 man show wilks and gray

smyrna 28

cookeville 10

cookeville 7 staright 3 and outs for net 4 yards.

tb bryson 178 yards and 3 tds

round 2:

lc region 3 champ at lc (lincoln county) once again to physical and their defense is to good for smyrna to move the ball

smyrna 43

lc 16

lc offense 29 rushes for 22 yards put the ball in the air 8 times 3 were intercepted

round 3:

wilson central:

scored 44 on coffe county scored 35 on riverdale their offense is to tough and will roll up some points

smyrna 17

wc 7

1 td and shut out for 3 quarters

now this week Smyrna the defending state champion will go into this game as an under dog. you will read it on here

all week I guarantee you.

I am sure bearden is an outstanding football and look forward to the game.I think most teams as much as they enjoy rivalries are ready to get out of region and see some new folks.

As for bud who will keep everyone entertained all week

"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

Since no one from bearden has seen smyrna you can go to www.storkmotgomery.com and see some clips they are under a couple places but our stars has some of gray and wilkes.

if you know anywhere I cannget Bearden stuff let me know.

Ahem,

STATE CHAMPS SINCE 2002

2002-Brentwood (West)

2003-Germantown (West)

2004-Riverdale (East)

2005-Ravenwood (West)

2006-Smyrna (East)

So yeah, calling the West a joke might be a bit of an overstatement there, buddy.

Actually all of those team except Germantown are from Middle TN

Middle Tn owns 5A football, Maybe Bearden can change that, but i doubt it

ninja edit: oh and thanks johnandjimmy, i hate farragut too /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> but someones gotta rep da 865!!!

No problem...and it would be nice to have the gold ball in the 865...go Bearden! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I would go with Bearden, but I would like to know more about Smyrna first. I know they lost 2 of their 3 losses against two very,very good teams. Do they run or pass or do they have a good mix. How good is their defense. You have to give them some credit for being defending champs. I really want to pick Bearden, but need answers to those questions first. I hope Bearden does not have a big let down after the emotional win against Farragut.

Im gonna have tgo with my smyrna Bulldogs on this one....LETS GO SMRNA....show'em what its like to mess with us in our house..this our house....lets show them how to play football

Just like you showed Cookeville. by stealing their phones and wallets etc. from the locker room. To Bearden players: BEWARE of leaving your things in the locker room. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Beware of the Ref's, they do make bogus calls at Smyrna ( inadvertent whistle is a favorite). Just shut down Sonny Gray and Rod Wilks and you shouldn't have a problem. They are all about the passing game.Although Smyrna does have some other good players too, they don't ever get any recognition because of these two. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Good Luck Bearden /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From Murfreesboro /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />