Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious to know. When was the last time a team from East TN played in the 5A championship game and then when was the last time a team from East TN won it in 5A. It seems that for the past 7 years or so that teams from the east (Kingsport DB for example) always have good regular season record but when they are matched up with the Middle TN team in the semi's they go down and sometimes go down big. I know in 5A it's hard to argue against the fact that the quality of football is better in middle TN.

Oak Ridge played in the title game 2 years ago ('05) after blanking Riverdale 17-0 in the semis. Red Bank won it all in 2000; Sevier Co. was the '99 state champ.

I am curious to know. When was the last time a team from East TN played in the 5A championship game and then when was the last time a team from East TN won it in 5A. It seems that for the past 7 years or so that teams from the east (Kingsport DB for example) always have good regular season record but when they are matched up with the Middle TN team in the semi's they go down and sometimes go down big. I know in 5A it's hard to argue against the fact that the quality of football is better in middle TN.

Ummm how can I compare them? Let's see, William Blount and Ooltewah were supposed to have 2 of the highest powered offenses in TN. And if you think that the jump balls to Rod Wilkes are going to work like they have against the bad teams you've faced, then you're in for a long night. Our DB's are both very athletic and have very good hops. I saw Wilkes only had 1 catch last game against Wilson Central (who idk about), but if they can hold him I really believe we can hold him. And about this 4-5 capable WR's, I have very rarely seen a high school team with that many WR's that are playmakers. Bearden has 2: Madison English and Aaron Gray. Enough talking though, I'm ready to settle this on the field rather than message boards!

im from hooterville,and wondering about your info about our offense.our offense was very weak.no passing game at all.we only put big scores up on teams wiyh no d besides farragut.check out your info before you post,and then maybe u will sound like u know what u r talking about.

Evidently Bearden is having an 'off' night for some reason. Right now they are beating themselves. I take it three turnovers in the first half is NOT the usual?

I will give credit to BOTH defenses though as they are BOTH stopping the run.

Whoever moves on after tonight they will know they have been in a game.

Welcome to Region 4 football!

Evidently Bearden is having an 'off' night for some reason. Right now they are beating themselves. I take it three turnovers in the first half is NOT the usual?

I will give credit to BOTH defenses though as they are BOTH stopping the run.

Whoever moves on after tonight they will know they have been in a game.

Welcome to Region 4 football!

Toughest and BEST in the state hey LOD! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />