Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

SP will run all over hampton like I have been saying all year long..... wait and see

REG 1 & 2 are over rated.....clap clap....clap..clap..clap

Well I kind of agree with you. The competition up here is very very limited, especially in 1-A

since they have removed the private schools!

I know I sure wish we could have played teams like this in 96---I would have a ring for sure!

But I think that the competition statewide has been depleted by the loss of the privates!

I don't think this game will be a blowout either way! JMO

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question??? Did you see Hampton play FC last year? Have you seen them play this year?

There is no question SP is a very good football team but when you are playing another 13-0 team it is best to respect their abilities. When we were 10-0 and facing TC in the first round we got very little respect....kind of like Hampton did at 10-0....weak region, haven't played anybody, etc. It's not very wise to think Hampton will be a pushover. BTW...we haven't faced a line anywere close to Hampton's size...whole different ballgame.

Old Pirate says it's not very smart to rattle the cage of a bulldog. If he gets loose, your a-- is his. UNLESS............. you are a 'road runner" then perhaps you can get away. Those..... who.... don't.... qualify.... should.... walk...quitely.

Old Pirate says SP fans should let the bulldogs do the barking and then settle it Friday. OP don't like crow.

Well it looks like south pitt already won this one. Heck from some of your alls fan predictions Hampton might as well stay at the house friday!? HAHAHAHA LOL.

>>>>>>>>>>>TO SOUTH PITT: GET READY TO FACE A REAl FOOTBALL TEAM. AND GET READY TO BE HIT IN THE MOUTH!Hampton is overrated! Keep thinking that Hampton is slow! Keep thinking that you'll win by 50 ! Becuase let me tell you right now my friend it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

my prediction is Hampton 28 - Pitt 17

they lost 2 linemen and replaced them with 2 that are better. they also lost Lyons at reciever, Townswend at RB, and DJ Oliver and LB. i thought they would miss Lyons a whole lot, but they appear to be much better overall at the WR position. they have alot of depth there. the Dogs are much better all over the field. there is NO PLACE that they are weaker than last year. having said that, I would love to have Townsend back. nobody can bust a play like he could last year before he got hurt. we rush for more yards weekly this year, but he was just so explosive, but we still made it to the fourth round with him on the sideline last year. i wish we could have had him last year against FCS at full strength...

Thanks.

You could tell Townsend was not 100% against FC. I think he would have made a difference.

#22 is quick and runs hard and your fullback #44 is a bruser (and a good LB). Of course #4 makes plays at QB and has a good arm and he is a good defensive player. #12 is pretty quick and has good hands. Seems like all the talk on here has been about the monster line but Hampton has some real good skill people.

Well it looks like south pitt already won this one. Heck from some of your alls fan predictions Hampton might as well stay at the house friday!? HAHAHAHA LOL.

>>>>>>>>>>>TO SOUTH PITT: GET READY TO FACE A REAl FOOTBALL TEAM. AND GET READY TO BE HIT IN THE MOUTH!/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

>>>>>>>>>>>TO SOUTH PITT: GET READY TO FACE A REAl FOOTBALL TEAM. AND GET READY TO BE HIT IN THE MOUTH!<<<<<<<<<

Yes! keep thinking Hampton is overrated! Keep thinking that Hampton is slow! Keep thinking that you'll win by 50 ! Becuase let me tell you right now my friend it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

my prediction is Hampton 28 - Pitt 17

Old Pirate says hopefully the bulldogs will hit the Pirates in the mouth on the first play. That should wake them up early and perhaps get their attention. OP says watch out their old bulldog, you may awaken them sooner than you want. That would perfectly alright with us old pirates. Heck, we like that sort of stuff. Something like 2 stud bulls going head to head to be the dominate bully. Alright, just the thought gets OP's blood pumping.

Hey Old Pirate,

Is it true you have to drive through downtown SPitt to get to the high school and the stadium???? Are there signs and banners all over town supporting the Pirates and a big "Beat Hampton" on the Princess Theatre marquee?????

Tell us about the stadium. Are there plenty of seats and parking for the visiting team's fans?

We will definitely be there Friday night (God willing) to see a great game between two champions (South Pittsburg and Hampton).

Go Dogs!!!!

Thanks.

You could tell Townsend was not 100% against FC. I think he would have made a difference.

#22 is quick and runs hard and your fullback #44 is a bruser (and a good LB). Of course #4 makes plays at QB and has a good arm and he is a good defensive player. #12 is pretty quick and has good hands. Seems like all the talk on here has been about the monster line but Hampton has some real good skill people.

yea that was Townsend's first game back from a broken leg. you are right Hampton has some very good and FAST skill players. one that you left out was #18 Newbern. i am sure that his name will be called a few times Friday...