Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know much about millington can anyone give me some stats from the post season?

GO IHS!!!

In glancing at stats from a link off the Commercial Appeal website, Millington does just about everything well.

They run the ball effectively with several different backs. They don't pass much but they seem to have success when they do. Team speed is supposed to be off the charts. Should be extremely tough to beat.

I have no reason for picking Independence except for the will and the heart that those players have showed time and again. Constantly, this group has been knocked to the canvas and they GET BACK UP EVERY TIME. I can't say enough about this team.

I will tell Millington this...get ready for an extremely PHYSICAL game.

In glancing at stats from a link off the Commercial Appeal website, Millington does just about everything well.

They run the ball effectively with several different backs. They don't pass much but they seem to have success when they do. Team speed is supposed to be off the charts. Should be extremely tough to beat.

I have no reason for picking Independence except for the will and the heart that those players have showed time and again. Constantly, this group has been knocked to the canvas and they GET BACK UP EVERY TIME. I can't say enough about this team.

I will tell Millington this...get ready for an extremely PHYSICAL game.

yeah at this point stopping indy is going to be extremely hard. in the words of FNL "clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose." and thats how indy is playing right now. expect an extremely good game down in memphis. GO IHS!!

Well Millington had 470 yards rushing against a good White Station team tonight . Eric knowlton had like 13 carries for 2 hundred yards. Expect a sell out also.

all i can say to that is dang! 470 yards shared between their many backs im guessing(besides that knowlton kid w/ 200)? and did they just blow it out at the end or were they up big at half, because i thought white station was good?

Clear eyes, but yes. Agree completely.

yeah that sounds right now i feel dumb. now that i think about it i probably should have watched that movie. thanks don. haha. fixed it.

WSHS is good. But I think Millington is one of the best high school teams I have seen in a very long time. They are big, strong, fast and will knock your head off. A stable of backs that are quick, smart and never stop. This is one Spartan fan that will be sitting on the Millington side next week pulling for the next 5A champs. Go Trojans !

And don't let anyone tell you Millington cannot pass, they can. And don't let anyone tell you the Trojans' secondary is suspect, they are not. And their kicking game is just fine. If Millington holds onto the ball, there is no stopping them imo.

i think WS was ranked like 1 or 2 in the state. millingtons D is(or was) ranked 4th in the area. they were 1st at one point in the season until bolton and collierville scored on us. we shut out 5 or 6 teams this season. were 13-0. not many left. idk what happened to white station tonight but whatever it was it was not good for them. we were up 28-10 i think at the half. we scored on almost every possesion. i believe we had 1 fumble, 1 turnover on downs and only 2 punts.

WSHS is good. But I think Millington is one of the best high school teams I have seen in a very long time. They are big, strong, fast and will knock your head off. A stable of backs that are quick, smart and never stop. This is one Spartan fan that will be sitting on the Millington side next week pulling for the next 5A champs. Go Trojans !

And don't let anyone tell you Millington cannot pass, they can. And don't let anyone tell you the Trojans' secondary is suspect, they are not. And their kicking game is just fine. If Millington holds onto the ball, there is no stopping them imo.

they may have all that but are the gods on their side? indy does(ex.reese's catch at the end of the game to set up the field goal). just wanted to throw that out there.