Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not taking away from Millington, but you had to have some 4th quarter heroics against Whitehaven and the WS collapse just doesnt add up...but hey you are in the Semis but I just think that boasting about a rout will fire Indy up and you may be surprised about the outcome. We beat arguably the number 1 D in the state, according to many people after a shellacking in week 4, so Indy knows hoe to win when it counts. You are a great team, but taking away from our accomplishments will only hinder your team on the field come Friday Night because I'm sure if you asked anyone they would say Indy wants this BAD and I mean BAD. I will say good luck to both teams on Friday Night, it should be an AMAZING game.

the "heroic" comeback you speak of wasnt so heroic after all. im curious where you read/heard that? we were up 10-3 when whitehaven scored. on our first play after the WH td, we fumbled and they ran back the fumble for a 27 yd td. thats it. its not like we came back from being down 20. it was just a change in who was winning. we scored with 8 minutes left in the game and held them til it was over. not much of a "heroic" comeback after all. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

We aren't even one day into game week, and I am already totally fed up with this "lil ole indy" crap...... No one truly believes that INDY is this lil ole team from nowhere.

INDY is obviously a VERY GOOD Football team. They are One of only FOUR teams still alive playing in the highest classification in the state.

This approach may have worked to psyche your fan base up to this point.. But from this point forward, It is totally worthless. Every team still playing is a VERY GOOD team.

I get the impression from some of the posts in this thread, that Indendence is a relatively new school, I am sure then that this will be your first trip to the Memphis area. It should definiely be an experince.

The Millington Coaching Staff, Team, and Fans will not be taking ya'll lightly.

tell that to the Millington posters who think that we should forfeit now /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

hehe, well Graceland is worth going to at least once, and we will talk later in the week about some BBQ, LOT's of places to go for that. Tell your fans to get there early ( before 5 pm ) if you want to tailgate any, parking is a bit tight if you want to get some people together. There is a small prking lot near the visitors side that is ideal for some people who want to park next to each other. We parked closer to the home team side near the main ticket booth. We had no problem geting in and out, there were plenty of police moving cars along, etc. And the Millington fans were good sports, no smack talking, etc.

We aren't even one day into game week, and I am already totally fed up with this "lil ole indy" crap...... No one truly believes that INDY is this lil ole team from nowhere.

INDY is obviously a VERY GOOD Football team. They are One of only FOUR teams still alive playing in the highest classification in the state.

This approach may have worked to psyche your fan base up to this point.. But from this point forward, It is totally worthless. Every team still playing is a VERY GOOD team.

I get the impression from some of the posts in this thread, that Indendence is a relatively new school, I am sure then that this will be your first trip to the Memphis area. It should definiely be an experince.

well when you guys stop telling us that there is no way that we could beat millington maybe then we can stop acting like the 4th year school we are.

hehe, well Graceland is worth going to at least once, and we will talk later in the week about some BBQ, LOT's of places to go for that. Tell your fans to get there early ( before 5 pm ) if you want to tailgate any, parking is a bit tight if you want to get some people together. There is a small prking lot near the visitors side that is ideal for some people who want to park next to each other. We parked closer to the home team side near the main ticket booth. We had no problem geting in and out, there were plenty of police moving cars along, etc. And the Millington fans were good sports, no smack talking, etc.

haha yeah most of our fans are going to be arriving on buses (if dr.henry can pull it off haha) so parking isnt going to be a big deal...hopefully.

im also getting the impression most of the posts tonight are from players on the indy team. not all seem to be players, but it seems many are. youre just trying to get yourself prepared. its understandable. if i was playing, i would back my team all the way.

the "heroic" comeback you speak of wasnt so heroic after all. im curious where you read/heard that? we were up 10-3 when whitehaven scored. on our first play after the WH td, we fumbled and they ran back the fumble for a 27 yd td. thats it. its not like we came back from being down 20. it was just a change in who was winning. we scored with 8 minutes left in the game and held them til it was over. not much of a "heroic" comeback after all. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well that's what I've read in an article about the game, however you must also realize that you didnt totally dominate the team either, making me skeptical of this past victory against WS. Having never seen either team play, I can only go off of stats and I just can't WS playing like that unless they just weren't prepared. You can't claim to be State champs unless you've played great teams, and thus far I've only seen Millington play 2 quality teams on their schedule (4 if you could Bolton and Collierville, which were also close for being "second-tier teams") Millington will be tested on Friday, and you cannot doubt this. This 600 yard boast is nonsense.

nah ill pass

What tends to happen is fans of either school have only followed their team and those other schools who they have played. If you've never heard of someone, then they must not know how good you are and they don't have any idea what's about to hit them.

Like Rob said, at this point everybody is really good and nobody takes them( Indy) lightly and I don't really even have a dog in this fight.

It's just a feeling. I'd be up there if I could.

im also getting the impression most of the posts tonight are from players on the indy team. not all seem to be players, but it seems many are. youre just trying to get yourself prepared. its understandable. if i was playing, i would back my team all the way.

actully i dont believe any of us are just dedicated fans, students, and alum who all back our school.

Well that's what I've read in an article about the game, however you must also realize that you didnt totally dominate the team either, making me skeptical of this past victory against WS. Having never seen either team play, I can only go off of stats and I just can't WS playing like that unless they just weren't prepared. You can't claim to be State champs unless you've played great teams, and thus far I've only seen Millington play 2 quality teams on their schedule (4 if you could Bolton and Collierville, which were also close for being "second-tier teams") Millington will be tested on Friday, and you cannot doubt this. This 600 yard boast is nonsense.

its very hard to "dominate" a quality football team. WH should have beaten WS, so ive heard. honestly i dont know what happened to white station tonight. they are one of the premier teams in the state, whether you believe it or not. friday will be a good game i hope. i hope its close like you say it should be, that way i can continue to cheer on my soon-to-be 14-0 trojans.